1A State Semi Finals South Pittsburg @ Greenback

orngnblk

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

You dont have to apologize to me.Heckk i have done the same thing.But these kids,coaches and fans from Two of the MOST TRADITION riched teams in 1A football deserve this week of football.Our stands are small and honestly its embarrassing that a team like ours cant get the funding to make our Semi final visitors somewhat comfortable.Lets face it its more than adequate for 13 weeks but it needs to be upgraded for teams like SP,i want the place PACKED!This has the potential to be one if not the  HOTTEST venues in Tenn this week!Its going to be crazy!

Oh and the Twitter,facebook fiascos is why i dont have either.Coacht is my social media.Sad i know but thats about all i can handle.:roflol:

Got a question for you greenback folks. What's the biggest crowd Greenback has seen?

1 hour ago, muskox said:

I am one of the guys in the back of the trucks. We take up a very small area over there now and you guys have 70 yards of fence to stand on. We enjoy talking to the fans from other teams. Its a tradition to park the trucks around the fence just like other schools have traditions some may not agree with but its called home field advantage. If someone does something stupid from our fan base then I agree get them out of there and pull there pass and give it to someone who will be respectful and enjoy the game  cheer on there team. Any of you guys want to come by and chat with me, warchant, or black helmet then stop by the red tundra beside the gate. We will all be there. Looking forward to Friday

I think its cool.  Jo Byrns used to do the same thing and they would rive up their trucks when the team came out and the exhaust smoke would cover the field.   The Dungeon used to be a feared place to play.

If you've ever  been on the Creekbank, that is also a very intimidating place as many former State Champion winners will stand behind the visitor bench and heckle the crap our of the visiting team.   I just laughed when my kid played there 10 years ago.    It's high school football and tradition.   Kids these days need thicker skin anyway.

7 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

I think its cool.  Jo Byrns used to do the same thing and they would rive up their trucks when the team came out and the exhaust smoke would cover the field.   The Dungeon used to be a feared place to play.

If you've ever  been on the Creekbank, that is also a very intimidating place as many former State Champion winners will stand behind the visitor bench and heckle the crap our of the visiting team.   I just laughed when my kid played there 10 years ago.    It's high school football and tradition.   Kids these days need thicker skin anyway.

+1 

5 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

Any guess on a number for the 87 game or 17 game.  And yes I agree I believe this one will break the record 

No ive never known us to keep up with it.We have had some good ones,im sure nothing like yours.The teams around us are usually playing still lol.Loudon and LC dont really claim us.The Blount County area really supports us tho.

Our State game was close to the record in 87,cant remember that number either but was in the 1000's for both teams 

Edited by orngnblk