1A State Semi Finals South Pittsburg @ Greenback

orngnblk

7 minutes ago, powerp said:

I can't stress enough how important it is to watch for trick plays from Greenback. At our field we had them down 14-0 they run a reverse pass on 4th and long to score and we never got momentum back. That was an undermanned pirate squad that had the best of a very talented GB team until that happened. The next year we were neck and neck and GB runs a receiver barely on the field late which then catches a ball. Once again a big momentum changer. Between special teams and trick plays the Pirates better be on their toes!!

WR never left the field!Watch the video.

38 minutes ago, powerp said:

I can't stress enough how important it is to watch for trick plays from Greenback. At our field we had them down 14-0 they run a reverse pass on 4th and long to score and we never got momentum back. That was an undermanned pirate squad that had the best of a very talented GB team until that happened. The next year we were neck and neck and GB runs a receiver barely on the field late which then catches a ball. Once again a big momentum changer. Between special teams and trick plays the Pirates better be on their toes!!

I will say the reverse pass was a thing of beauty.Also our coaches told our boys after your second TD to just be patient and you will get used to their speed and the boys listened and then it was on!The hit by Silvey slowed alot of your linemen down,everyone of them were looking to see where he was.The MAN was a monster on the field and nice as can be off of it.Poor guy lost his dad year before last to pneumonia.That hit was

epic!https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5556907/5839c608c124de2a44f471fb

Edited by orngnblk

39 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

You see that's where you are wrong I never said we would win if we had a healthy team. I just would have liked our chances better. There is a large difference between the two. I believe your coach had a great gameplan for us and regardless of health/sickness issues we would have had a hard time winning. Let me put it in a way you may understand better. Right now your starting qb has a broke collarbone from my understanding. If he had to play Greenback and you lost wouldnt you have liked your chances much better if he hadn't had to play with said injury? That's all I'm saying man. If you cant understand that honestly you need To seriously reconsider going and getting checked out, as maybe you deserve to get a government check each month. That being said,  Hope none of y'all use your qb being hurt as an excuse if you lose that game. Would honestly be hysterical at this point considering your stance on injuries and illness during the season and big games. :lol:

After SP beat meigs you were one of the first ones that cried about Swafford being sick. No one said a thing about it before the game and if you all had of won no one would have heard any thing about it.   That is an EXCUSE Reguardless if he was sick or not. Like I said what beat meigs was the line play. Anybody that knows football will tell you that.  

As for our QB being out.....well if he is out we have another that could cause a new set of problems. If he isn't out well which one do you prepare for. We will be just fine either way and if greenback does win I garuntee you you wont hear an excuse from me.   

Megis has a very good football team and Swafford is one heck of an athlete.  It's my opinion that on that night SP won the line of scrimmage and that is what the deciding factor was.