Springfield and Elizabethton in the 4A Championship

gr8tplay

2 hours ago, lawnman said:

Tom Taylor on Facebook does a excellent job covering Betsy.He usually interviews Coach Witten every week.

Lawnman,  here is one cloudland fan who is going to be pulling hard for Betsy this Saturday.  I'm thankful we have such a nice town for our county seat.  Elizabethton has a great system going on right now.  The people who are spewing sour grapes don't realize they're making themselves look bad.  Go Cyclones!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Lawnman,  here is one cloudland fan who is going to be pulling hard for Betsy this Saturday.  I'm thankful we have such a nice town for our county seat.  Elizabethton has a great system going on right now.  The people who are spewing sour grapes don't realize they're making themselves look bad.  Go Cyclones!!

Appreciate the kind words.  For Betsy fans that have never experienced a game in Hampton or up the mountain or any of the other county schools you owe it to yourselves to go check it out.  Now let’s just go pull for the cyclones to bring it on home!!

21 hours ago, CycloneTough said:

Education?   “If parents were really worried about academics, they would send THEIR kids to UH where my wife works. You have to have a masters degree to work THERE.”

First off, Congradts to Elizabethton! 

But if they wanted acedemics, DB just built a 30 million + science wing. I mean....come on

34 minutes ago, THE KING said:

King I appreciate those words and the county boys that are own this team should make carter county folks proud but it makes them mad at Betsy fans.I love all our teams and wish the best for all of them.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, lawnman said:

King I appreciate those words and the county boys that are own this team should make carter county folks proud but it makes them mad at Betsy fans.I love all our teams and wish the best for all of them.

100% my son grew up playing with Cade Russell and I couldn’t be more happy for him and Elizabethton.Son does Witten Huddle and we love what Ryan does for him trying to make him a better football player.

GO BESTY!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

Who are the studs for Springfield?  I’m sure they are all good because they’ve made it this far but who are the stars of the team?  Any D1 talent or offers?

That LB from Nolensville going to Miami, OH looked like a ball player. I was wondering the same thing about Springfield. I feel like Parker Hughes is one of the most underrated players in East TN. Kid is really good.

7 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

Who are the studs for Springfield?  I’m sure they are all good because they’ve made it this far but who are the stars of the team?  Any D1 talent or offers?

No real studs this year, and no D1 offers that I know of. Our offensive playmakers are senior RB Kevontay White #9 and junior QB Kevontez Hudson #5. White looks like a stud, he’s around 6’-6’1” and about 190. Hudson goes about 5’6” or so and probably 160. There are only two senior starters on offense, #9 and WR #15 Cale Jones. Hudson isn’t a terrific passer but he has his moments. He is a true running threat, though. He took one 81 yards against Haywood for a TD. We run the shotgun spread basically, which is what most teams run these days  

Defensively we are senior heavy, especially at LB where we start three seniors out of the four LBs. #43 Mikie Neal and #27 Yonel Rodriguez are senior captains and along with senior #48 Christian Trujillo they are the defensive playmakers. There are seven senior starters in defense most of the time, the three LBs, three on the d line and then #15 at safety. We run a 4-4-3 base defense, but will sub and change depending on personnel and down and distance. 

Th3 Jackets won’t shock anyone with their size, for we are usually smaller than most of the teams we play. Springfield makes up for that with execution and heart. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Appvol said:

That LB from Nolensville going to Miami, OH looked like a ball player. I was wondering the same thing about Springfield. I feel like Parker Hughes is one of the most underrated players in East TN. Kid is really good.

Absolutely.  I know when Coutras went out they didn’t get much safety help on Parker and they were sending 6 or 7 every time so Parker ate them up with screens and slants.  7 is solid on both sides of the ball.

6 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

No real studs this year, and no D1 offers that I know of. Our offensive playmakers are senior RB Kevontay White #9 and junior QB Kevontez Hudson #5. White looks like a stud, he’s around 6’-6’1” and about 190. Hudson goes about 5’6” or so and probably 160. There are only two senior starters on offense, #9 and WR #15 Cale Jones. Hudson isn’t a terrific passer but he has his moments. He is a true running threat, though. He took one 81 yards against Haywood for a TD. We run the shotgun spread basically, which is what most teams run these days  

Defensively we are senior heavy, especially at LB where we start three seniors out of the four LBs. #43 Mikie Neal and #27 Yonel Rodriguez are senior captains and along with senior #48 Christian Trujillo they are the defensive playmakers. There are seven senior starters in defense most of the time, the three LBs, three on the d line and then #15 at safety. We run a 4-4-3 base defense, but will sub and change depending on personnel and down and distance. 

Th3 Jackets won’t shock anyone with their size, for we are usually smaller than most of the teams we play. Springfield makes up for that with execution and heart. 

You got this far with the size so I’d say it’s a non factor.  The will to win is what it takes.  Nobody makes it this far by accident.  Our offense has been successful this year by the oline.  The big guys have been playing great.  We have a big back in Maupin.  Just tough to bring down.  Qb can run and throw and has been playing very smart throughout the year,  sneaky fast and has avoided hits well.  

On defense you will hear deuce Morton all game long.  What our big boys don’t stop up front he will make plays at MLB. And Parker Hughes will take up the secondary with Maupin.  Defense has been stingy especially of late.

super pumped for the game and hoping for an injury free game.  Safe travels to all the yellow jacket fans making the trip!

• Like 1