Oak Ridge High School Football 2020

CardinalGrey

8 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I respect your opinion and understand for the most part where you are coming from. I do want to comment on a couple of things.

1. When you label some people as "complete fools," I just assume you mean me.

2. The person who talked about coaching the players, knowing them and talking to them was not a loser. I "think" I communicate with him on another Social Media outlet. If it is the same guy, he talks the talk A N D walks the walk. He has posted several workouts by Oak Ridge athletes or Robertville ( a Lady Ram ) that he has organized and coached. The drills the players do are very fundamentally sound and you can see the players use the work they put in to better their play for ORHS or RMS.

....that is all I want to say.

To the contrary, you are most definitely NOT who I had in mind, and it's better if I leave it at that, rather than naming names. Some of your posts are a bit goofy but that's fine with me. You're a positive guy (sometimes too positive LOL) but you obviously love OR football and I wish we had more posters like you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2020 at 1:53 PM, vfl3382 said:

Did Jacob Adams sign to play football at any school next year? Haven't heard of any player off this years team getting a scholarship.

I've heard from a couple of players that he had some offers to a few small schools but those schools didn't interest him (not sure if this is true or not). He's really not big enough or fast enough to play LB at most colleges but I'd take him at OR forever!

On 2/15/2020 at 1:53 PM, vfl3382 said:

Did Jacob Adams sign to play football at any school next year? Haven't heard of any player off this years team getting a scholarship.

I know he got offered the weekend b4 signing day by Union and somebody told me that's where he is going but never heard for sure.He for sure has the speed and talent.Must be his size at ILB hurting him for bigger offers.Maybe OLB would be better at next level if he can cover good enough

On Jacob's Twitter page he says he had a nice visit to Union but that was it. He has not said anything since.

I have two ideas....One, he is considering the small schools who have offered and any bigger schools who have offered a walk on opportunity. The best fit for Jacob would be UTC. He would give them a killer attitude that they have not have in the 20 years I have watched them.

Idea # Two, he said on the first Coaches Corner Show in 2019 he wanted to go into the Military after high school. So maybe that will be route. I would hope he would go the college That is really not my business.

On 2/19/2020 at 6:32 PM, WillieTheWildcats said:

On Jacob's Twitter page he says he had a nice visit to Union but that was it. He has not said anything since.

I have two ideas....One, he is considering the small schools who have offered and any bigger schools who have offered a walk on opportunity. The best fit for Jacob would be UTC. He would give them a killer attitude that they have not have in the 20 years I have watched them.

Idea # Two, he said on the first Coaches Corner Show in 2019 he wanted to go into the Military after high school. So maybe that will be route. I would hope he would go the college That is really not my business.

Willie I think your right about UTC.That would be a great place for him.I really don't understand how he got over looked.

14 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Willie I think your right about UTC.That would be a great place for him.I really don't understand how he got over looked.

I'll say it again, he was a great high school LB but too small and too slow to be a college LB. I wish OR had him every year and I love the way he played though.

6 hours ago, bonkers said:

I'll say it again, he was a great high school LB but too small and too slow to be a college LB. I wish OR had him every year and I love the way he played though.

I wouldn’t say he’s too slow. There are plenty of LBs in the SEC who run 4.55 40s. The only difference is they weigh anywhere from 240-255 Lbs, not 200 like Jacob. Haha. The athletes up there now are just insane with the combination of size and speed that they bring to the table. 

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, SweetScience said:

I wouldn’t say he’s too slow. There are plenty of LBs in the SEC who run 4.55 40s. The only difference is they weigh anywhere from 240-255 Lbs, not 200 like Jacob. Haha. The athletes up there now are just insane with the combination of size and speed that they bring to the table. 

I'll change my statement then to "he's too slow for his size". I never bought in to the idea that he was "fast". Jordan Graham was "fast". OR didn't have anyone on the team last year that I would consider to be "fast", and that was part of the problem. The tiny freshman was fast but I'll bet he weighed no more than 110 pounds and a strong wind would tackle him. If Kendall Jackson ever gets "fast", he will be a big time D-1 prospect.

On 2/19/2020 at 6:32 PM, WillieTheWildcats said:

That is all accurate. He was offered a scholarship to Union during his official visit but the location, size just wasn't what he wanted. He had about a dozen schools at the NAIA, D2 and D3 level that were after him; made visits, got offers etc. I was told his goal was to play at the D1 level and if he didn't get what he wanted he was going to consider his options after national signing day/Spring. He may do a walk-on type at a D1 school but that's TBD. He dad is a Marine so I'm betting he'll end up in the Marine Corps at some point.

He played hard ball at OR and so lets wish him the best. The boy is fast, big and made some amazing plays these past 4 years. Hats off to his competitive instincts and Wildcat pride.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bonkers said:

I'll change my statement then to "he's too slow for his size". I never bought in to the idea that he was "fast". Jordan Graham was "fast". OR didn't have anyone on the team last year that I would consider to be "fast", and that was part of the problem. The tiny freshman was fast but I'll bet he weighed no more than 110 pounds and a strong wind would tackle him. If Kendall Jackson ever gets "fast", he will be a big time D-1 prospect.

4.55 is fast. Jordan was blazing fast. Those don’t come around often.

• Like 1