Oak Ridge High School Football 2020

CardinalGrey

Again.  Just excuses!!  It is sad that OR has been reduced to mediocrity.  State championships were always our goal, now just competing is satisfactory here.  The reason that only 16  out of the 36 freshmen are now playing is because they do not want to play for  Gaddis.  Keep on making excuses.

13 hours ago, ORTX said:

Again.  Just excuses!!  It is sad that OR has been reduced to mediocrity.  State championships were always our goal, now just competing is satisfactory here.  The reason that only 16  out of the 36 freshmen are now playing is because they do not want to play for  Gaddis.  Keep on making excuses.

OR just had a senior class of 25 or more. I guess they didn't want to play for Gaddis either. You miserable people should get a life.

3 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Bonkers, That should probably read, "you miserable person."  I don't see anybody else attacking our coach on here.  

I stand corrected, you're right. I'll amend it to say "miserable person". You know, people can criticize our coach all they want because being critical of coaches is a national pastime, but I've never heard that players don't want to play for him, in fact, I've only heard the opposite. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/11/2019 at 5:53 PM, bonkers said:

I stand corrected, you're right. I'll amend it to say "miserable person". You know, people can criticize our coach all they want because being critical of coaches is a national pastime, but I've never heard that players don't want to play for him, in fact, I've only heard the opposite. 

I stand by my comments.  I certainly would not categorize any one on here as miserable.  Because I do not know any of you.  The facts remain the same,  we had unbelievable talent for the past 5 or 6 years and it has been wasted by putting players in the wrong positions and not developing players to reach their full potential.  Coaches have a huge responsibility, especially with high school kids, to develop and encourage them to not only teach them how to be good players but also to be respectful in life.  Coach Gaddis has not been able to get this done since his return to OR.  His teams win because of their own talent.  The only reason he has 1 championship is because the kids in 91 were just not going to take anything less.  Whenever someone has a negative comment about Gaddis on the OR thread, some of y’all start calling them names.  And that is also sad.  Again, it should always be about championships here at OR, district, region and state.  Anything less should be unacceptable.  Bryson Rosser gets it at Central and now, in only 6 years, he has 2 state championships and one state runner up.  Now that is what OR should want, not just be “competitive”.

1 hour ago, ORTX said:

I stand by my comments.  I certainly would not categorize any one on here as miserable.  Because I do not know any of you.  The facts remain the same,  we had unbelievable talent for the past 5 or 6 years and it has been wasted by putting players in the wrong positions and not developing players to reach their full potential.  Coaches have a huge responsibility, especially with high school kids, to develop and encourage them to not only teach them how to be good players but also to be respectful in life.  Coach Gaddis has not been able to get this done since his return to OR.  His teams win because of their own talent.  The only reason he has 1 championship is because the kids in 91 were just not going to take anything less.  Whenever someone has a negative comment about Gaddis on the OR thread, some of y’all start calling them names.  And that is also sad.  Again, it should always be about championships here at OR, district, region and state.  Anything less should be unacceptable.  Bryson Rosser gets it at Central and now, in only 6 years, he has 2 state championships and one state runner up.  Now that is what OR should want, not just be “competitive”.

I understand what your saying, but it’s not as easy as you think. I’m close to Coach Rosser and our team and the amount of work that goes in to what we do from our players and coaches is actually quite astonishing. It begins in the off-season with our strength and conditioning and a big part is having kids who are willing to sacrifice other activities and willing to go the extra mile to be better from Fr to Sr’s. Then during our season, I’ve said it before but NO coaching staff outworks ours. We have a good balance in young upcoming coaches and older veterans. We do things that other schools don’t and can’t do in week to week preparation for games. Oak Ridge has a great tradition and good players, but it doesn’t help when a school right down the road is winning 10 plus games a year in a much easier class. Gaddis is a great coach, maybe needs more from his assistants, but he is a legend. I think OR will be good next year, I’m just tired of all the rumors floating around that I know aren’t happening. Good luck to OR.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

ORTX,  I agree with what you say about the expectation at OR should always be to win championships. I haven't seen anybody called names, unless you're counting where bonkers called you miserable.  Other than that, I have not seen any name calling since bladerunner left the board.  lol

LOL!!!

54 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

I understand what your saying, but it’s not as easy as you think. I’m close to Coach Rosser and our team and the amount of work that goes in to what we do from our players and coaches is actually quite astonishing. It begins in the off-season with our strength and conditioning and a big part is having kids who are willing to sacrifice other activities and willing to go the extra mile to be better from Fr to Sr’s. Then during our season, I’ve said it before but NO coaching staff outworks ours. We have a good balance in young upcoming coaches and older veterans. We do things that other schools don’t and can’t do in week to week preparation for games. Oak Ridge has a great tradition and good players, but it doesn’t help when a school right down the road is winning 10 plus games a year in a much easier class. Gaddis is a great coach, maybe needs more from his assistants, but he is a legend. I think OR will be good next year, I’m just tired of all the rumors floating around that I know aren’t happening. Good luck to OR.

Thanks Bobcat.  i know Coach Rosser from his days at OR, he was my sons 4th grade teacher at Glenwood Elementary.  My son absolutely loved him, he really helped him after a rough 3rd grade year.  He still thinks the world of Coach Rosser, even though he graduated this year.  He was always there whenever he needed him.  He was also a very good coach under Scott Blade while here.  I have always wished that we had a true leader like him here at OR since Blade left.  I agree with you about the assistants here at OR, they could do a lot better.  Congrats on a great season this year, and I look forward to next year.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 2:13 PM, bonkers said:

The problem will once again be the lack of speed. Also, I didn't see anyone who can come close to replacing Adams. 

Agreed, speed....lacking. 

Who can replace a guy like Adams at MLB....no one on this roster, said everyone. However, his little brother has the skillset and is getting the size. Wouldnt be surprised to see him lining up all over the place next season.

Bigger questions again will be on the Line. How many Sr's were on the O Line?

1 hour ago, ORDT said:

Agreed, speed....lacking. 

Who can replace a guy like Adams at MLB....no one on this roster, said everyone. However, his little brother has the skillset and is getting the size. Wouldnt be surprised to see him lining up all over the place next season.

Bigger questions again will be on the Line. How many Sr's were on the O Line?

That's a question for me as I'm all about linemen. The seniors were 72 Galloway the center and 70 Franquez a guard. I think the line will be pretty good but not great. The center will be the big question since Galloway has started there for three years. Last year there were two juniors and a sophomore who started and will return.

I think we can all agree that the coaches did a very good given the level of talent on the field. I didnt say GREAT! I said very good. Was glad to see that Jacob Adams, Isaiah Johnson and Kendall Jackson were recognized with All Region honors, well deserved.

1. We should have won:
  2. HVA (poor clock management and offense looked like they had never played a snap together)
  3. Powell (PISS POOR REFS, all darn game)
  4. Fulton (Still cant believe we lost that game, horrible)

Some thoughts (IMO):

1. The Line...oh man the line....Give the new O Line coach the keys, full-time, he is solid.
  2. Please put Cole Adams on Offense, often. He can catch, he has speed and is physical like his brother.
  3. Please allow the QB to make adjustments at the line. Kid is smart and fast-see MJ game and Powell game (game winning run called back by the Knox County Anti-OR League of Horrible Refs)
  4. Please put Jaxon Adams in as TE....as often as you can. Literally no clue why they never considered this.
  5. Give play calling duties to Freshman Coach. He is legit.

I'm sure there is more and plenty to debate about.

• Upvote 2