Oak Ridge High School Football 2020

CardinalGrey

Just a thought, (I really don't care about OR one way or the other), but You're the only program from your conference or neighboring conference having a public dialogue (both good and bad) about your program.  I'm just gonna speculate that such a dialogue may not help a program very much and may even undermine it.  js.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Guthook, do you think everything is gonna be ok with the football program or should we all stop posting? I don’t wanna undermine the program, bro.

I know you all want it to be successful.  But kids read these threads too.  And some of the stuff that has been said about coaches and players is the kind of thing you can say over a card game and a beer and it's no big deal.  Put it on the internet and it's public knowledge and forever. 

• Like 1

I know bud, I was just messing with ya. I understand where you’re coming from. I do my best to keep the negative remarks about any player to a minimum and if I slip up and by chance do, I never mention them by name. Personally, if I was a player and got on here and read this stuff and some fan was badmouthing me, it would motivate the he$& out of me to prove them wrong. Everybody is different though of course.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, guthook said:

I know you all want it to be successful.  But kids read these threads too.  And some of the stuff that has been said about coaches and players is the kind of thing you can say over a card game and a beer and it's no big deal.  Put it on the internet and it's public knowledge and forever. 

I don't get any player feedback on CoachT or Facebook. I do get - / + feedback from adults on here. However, I do get positive responses from players on Twitter. Booker, Pendergrass. Adams, Graham, Gibbons. Stewart, Bri Dunbar. I Johnson, MIlloway and Mitchell have had positive replies to me.

My main worry on CoachT is I sometimes just joke around and people may not realize i am not serious. Plus, my personality does not attract friends in real life or on CoachT.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/4/2020 at 1:00 PM, guthook said:

I agree with you 100%. For the most part, most people are on here all in fun or they have a real interest. But there are a few complete fools who act like they know it all and are intensely critical, usually of coaches. They do some harm (players reading) but they do no good at all. And they're too stupid to realize it. They'll say they have coached the players (Boys Club), or they know the players and talk to them regularly, and get their information from 15-18 year old kids. They are losers and they'll always be losers. Unfortunately, you can't reason with a fool.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, bonkers said:

I agree with you 100%. For the most part, most people are on here all in fun or they have a real interest. But there are a few complete fools who act like they know it all and are intensely critical, usually of coaches. They do some harm (players reading) but they do no good at all. And they're too stupid to realize it. They'll say they have coached the players (Boys Club), or they know the players and talk to them regularly, and get their information from 15-18 year old kids. They are losers and they'll always be losers. Unfortunately, you can't reason with a fool.

Agreed 100% on this one.

10 hours ago, bonkers said:

I respect your opinion and understand for the most part where you are coming from. I do want to comment on a couple of things.

1. When you label some people as "complete fools," I just assume you mean me.

2. The person who talked about coaching the players, knowing them and talking to them was not a loser. I "think" I communicate with him on another Social Media outlet. If it is the same guy, he talks the talk A N D walks the walk. He has posted several workouts by Oak Ridge athletes or Robertville ( a Lady Ram ) that he has organized and coached. The drills the players do are very fundamentally sound and you can see the players use the work they put in to better their play for ORHS or RMS.

....that is all I want to say.