SouthTowner: This That and the Other

Southtowner

Since this has taken on a biblical theme I wanna take the chance to mention a podcast called Unashamed with Phil Robertson. Y’all know the duck dynasty guys. It’s part shooting the breeze and part bible study. It’s growing like crazy, started as once a week and up to 3 time a week now. I recommend starting at episode 1. You can download them so you don’t use cell data if you’re traveling. I use podbean but any podcast app will work. Awesome way to spend a commute I might add. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Southtowner said:

It's great to know people still pray and believe so.   While you're at it, pray for my daughter who is in the Navy stationed in Italy where the virus has shut that country down.  Pray also for my oldest daughter who resides and works in New York.  And pray for my youngest daughter who works with the elderly in the health care industry.  

Will do ST....You have them spread out everywhere! Young and healthy I'm sure so that lessens the worry a tad. I have no idea how people make it day to day without prayer. 

Let's all keep reading the New Testament of Jesus Christ and obey what is taught us...As for the last 2,000 years, it's the only true source of instruction, joy and peace IF we accept it...ALL of the it

8 hours ago, tradertwo said:

There will be others after this incarnation, and somewhere down the line one will be much worse. There are strains already known with mortality rates approaching 50%... the "catch" is that most mutations either aren't very contagious, aren't very severe, or both. With the worlds population and rate of intercontinental travel that has never before been dreamed of, sooner or later it'll happen. No use in undue worry because it is in prophecy; wars and rumors of war... incurable disease... it will come to pass just as everything else in scripture already has, or someday will. Good news is, there's already a cure! It's free, it's permanent, and the one administering the cure will come to you wherever you are at the asking. I'm not planning on tempting fate, but I will live my life as best as I can without undue fear. 

I too plan to live without needless fear....We read in Revelation of awful disease and death (2,000 years ago) due to the evil rule of the Roman Empire as they treated Christians in ways we could not imagine. Tho Revelation was written to 7 churches, in Asia, about things that were to 'shortly come to pass' back then, we need to realize the same God is in control now as was in control then and has always been in control. I aim to make sure I'm on His side of things by studying the N.T. and bearing down to do exactly what it instructs me to do.

On 3/9/2020 at 11:33 PM, orngnblk said:

19 hours ago, Southtowner said:

My wife and 3rd son just drove 11 hours to Mizzou to watch my second boy play in the NCCAA tournament....Just got there and they just cancelled to whole tournament...This whole country is shutting down...Beats all

2 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

My wife and 3rd son just drove 11 hours to Mizzou to watch my second boy play in the NCCAA tournament....Just got there and they just cancelled to whole tournament...This whole country is shutting down...Beats all

This is just what they have been looking for.It has just started I'm afraid.

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

This is just what they have been looking for.It has just started I'm afraid.

We'll know in a few short days. It can't continue long like this although Pelosi and her libs hope it does. We will need a quick return to business as usual and answers to this virus shortly. 

I could not believe Pelosi sent a bill to address this countries issues and filled it with PORK! There is no shame amongst that crew and shows EXACTLY who they are. Trump shut down travel long ago due to this and they demonized him then...now they act like he's done nothing....They need to take a minute and look back at how their Messiah barack handled the swine flu! Remember that?

8 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

I too plan to live without needless fear....We read in Revelation of awful disease and death (2,000 years ago) due to the evil rule of the Roman Empire as they treated Christians in ways we could not imagine. Tho Revelation was written to 7 churches, in Asia, about things that were to 'shortly come to pass' back then, we need to realize the same God is in control now as was in control then and has always been in control. I aim to make sure I'm on His side of things by studying the N.T. and bearing down to do exactly what it instructs me to do.

Great comment, I couldn't agree less. Its good to hear people speak out in there faith as we should.

18 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

"Couldn't agree less"? You disagree with something I said? I reckon everything I posted is recorded history. 

I agree 100%.   I guess that I could not agree less means I agree less.  I meant I agree.  Sorry I guess I should have said I can't agree more.

Edited by rtl112

14 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

I agree 100%.   I guess that I could not agree less means I agree less.  I meant I agree.  Sorry I guess I should have said I can't agree more.

No problem at all! Thanks for clarifying as I wouldn't want to have posted something incorrect or purely opinionated. I appreciate it

1 minute ago, uknoit2 said:

No problem at all! Thanks for clarifying as I wouldn't want to have posted something incorrect or purely opinionated. I appreciate it

It came out wrong I didn't want you to think I was making fun of that issue. I'm believer and ain't  ashamed to be one bit. I like to see that in others too such as yourself.