SouthTowner: This That and the Other

Southtowner

24 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Where did you get that number?  Hannity?  Did he move the decimal for ya?  

As of now:  453,748 cases confirmed with 16,034 deaths.  That's a mortality rate of 3.53%.    Far above the .025 you posted.   Those are facts.  Will it be lower?  Most likely.  Hopefully.  

We won't know the true numbers ever.  And some type of real estimate is a long ways off. 

Let's not downplay the seriousness of this.  

Those numbers look like the ones I have heard Anthony Fauci cite to Jake Tapped-out and others a few times this week and various models.  The trouble with models on new things is they typically over estimate by a lot. 

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

The analysis predicts specific numbers, such as 82,000 deaths in the US through August, but it also provides a range of possibilities. It estimates that total deaths in the US as of August could be as low as 39,000 for example, or as high as 141,000.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/health/coronavirus-us-ihme-model-us/index.html

In Florida, 152,699 people have been tested with 16,364 positives, 2149 hospitalizations and 354 deaths. 

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/96dd742462124fa0b38ddedb9b25e429

Too much talk is made of "flattening the curve." That doesn't do squat unless it is significant regarding sickness and death, i.e. suppressed as close to 0 as possible.  Otherwise, virus numbers will rebound just like with any other biological population. 

13 minutes ago, rlh said:

Those numbers look like the ones I have heard Anthony Fauci cite to Jake Tapped-out and others a few times this week and various models.  The trouble with models on new things is they typically over estimate by a lot. 

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/health/coronavirus-us-ihme-model-us/index.html

In Florida, 152,699 people have been tested with 16,364 positives, 2149 hospitalizations and 354 deaths. 

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/96dd742462124fa0b38ddedb9b25e429

Too much talk is made of "flattening the curve." That doesn't do squat unless it is significant regarding sickness and death, i.e. suppressed as close to 0 as possible.  Otherwise, virus numbers will rebound just like with any other biological population. 

Numbers can be found here:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?

School  (OUT)  IN  UPDATED  *INTERIM **New School #Junior Varsity

Camden - (Wiliam Blow) - Matt McConnell
Carter - (Scott Meadows) - Justin Pressley
Cheatham - (Dwayne Daniel*) - Gary Halstead
Clinton - (Randy McKamey) - Darell Keith
Cloudland - (Scott Potter*) - Scott Potter
Cumberland County - (Eric Belew) - Noah Repasky
Dickson County - (Randy Murphree) - Greg Burns
Douglass - (Preston Harris) - Sheldon Dawson
East Nashville - (Brian Waite) -
FACS - (Joey Lowe) - Chris Schuetz
Fairley - (Gene Robinson) - Fred Copeland
Fayette Academy - (Vic Shivers) - Michael Hodum
Fayette Ware - (Michael Hodum) -
Franklin County - (Mac McCurry) - Justin Cunningham
Germantown - (Tommy Ferrill) - Gene Robinson
Goodpasture - (Jerry Joshlin) - Tyler Turner
Green Hill** - (New School) - Josh Crouch
Harding Academy - (Johnny Allen) - Cody Nelson
Hickman County - (Michael Harrison) - R.E. McDonald
Hixson - (Gary Murray) - Josh Owensby
Knoxville Central - (Bryson Rosser) - Nick Craney
Lake County - (Josh Puckett) -
Lakeway Christian Academy# - (Bruce Fowler) - Jermel Jones
Liberty - (Orentheus Taylor) - Scott Akin
Lincoln County - (Tim Johnson) - Kevin Rose
Loretto - (Neal Cruce) - Barry Daniel
Marion County - (Joey Mathis) - Dale Pruitt
Memphis Overton - (Edgar Williams) - Preston Harris
Milan - (Teddy Pettigrew) - Carl Differ
Munford - (Nick Markle) - Slade Calhoun
Pigeon Forge - (Adrian Watson) - Scott Meadows
Raleigh Egypt - (Larry Franklin) -
Red Boiling Springs - (Matt Swoner) - Sean Link
Shelbyville - (Justin Palmer) (*Brody Quick) - Josh Puckett
Siegel - (Michael Copley) - Adam Renshaw
Silverdale Baptist Academy - (Al Rogers) - Mike Conner
Southwind - (Rahnmann Slocum) - Chris Jones
Station Camp - (Shaun Hollinsworth) - Brent Alexander
Stewarts Creek - (Bert Browne) - Ben Caudill
Sullivan East - (Mike Locke) -
Tipton Rosemark - (Collin Pinner) - Shannon O'Brien
Union City - (Darren Bowling) - Nick Markle
Volunteer - (Justin Pressley) - Jesse McMillan
The Webb School - (Jeff Murphy) - 
Westview - (Matt McConnell) - Jarod Neal
Westwood - (Fred Copeland) - Orentheus Taylor
Whites Creek - (Clifton Davis) -
Whitwell- (Travis Olinger) -
York Institute - (Derwin Wright) - Kerry Johnson

CITIZENTS OF MARION COUNTY - YOU WILL CEASE TO PONTIFICATE ABOUT THE CURRENT COVID19 SITUATION. WE WILL SEND MONEY, TELL YOU WHEN AND WHAT YOU CAN BUY, AND DETERMINE THOSE WHO NEED HEALTHCARE. REMAIN CALM, OBEY AND ASK NO QUESTIONS.

YOUR GOVERNMENT

No doubt this virus is deadly and should be taken seriously. But I do question some of our response - in Tennessee's case, the plan to add 7,000 hospital beds by converting facilities? To this point there have been 505 hospitalizations of COVID19? "But the surge is coming" you say, doubtful - the data does not prove it out, in fact the last two days the number of infections added has begun to slow.

In poking fun at the MC curfew (the only county in the state), data again does not reflect the need for all to suffer because you had some knuckleheads being stupid. 22 cases of 86 people tested and 1 death. 1 cases was added from yesterday. Known infection % based on population = 0.078%, < half the national average. 4.5% death rate of known infections a full % point higher than the national average.

Bottom line - you cannot govern stupid. Y'all stay safe and be sure your home by 8:00!

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Where did you get that number?  Hannity?  Did he move the decimal for ya?  

As of now:  453,748 cases confirmed with 16,034 deaths.  That's a mortality rate of 3.53%.    Far above the .025 you posted.   Those are facts.  Will it be lower?  Most likely.  Hopefully.  

We won't know the true numbers ever.  And some type of real estimate is a long ways off. 

Let's not downplay the seriousness of this.  

First, I read to get facts. I don't watch 15 minutes of news a day nor do I listen to Whoopi or Jim Acosta to tell me what to believe :roflol:

Including all cases with allowance  for the mass numbers that had the virus and didn't know it, .025 or lower will prove closer percentage compared once all numbers are considered...2.83 deaths per 100,000 population. 

Not downplaying this at all...It's very serious to certain people with health problems and certain age groups, but NOT serious to the vast vast majority of Americans that's had their constitutional rights spit on.

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

You watch too much Hannity.  I can see his spittle glistening on your forehead.  :-)

See my last post about my information pool.... Everything I stated can easily be found concerning hydroxychloroquine as can the facts about the liberal's agenda...most of it right from their own mouths. Heck just look at the inclusions in their "relief" packages for Americans and they speak for themselves. 

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

@CougarDadx2,  for the record I don't live in Marion County.  And besides that,  if I did,  I would still pontificate on any matter I feel needs pontificating.  Capeesh?  :-)

sì, naturalmente - and I will defend your right to do so as if it were my own, because in essence it is. Maybe we meet at Harvey's at 7:45 one evening, sit outside enjoying our burgers on the tailgate of my truck until 8:05, and get arrested, or at least ticketed. :ph34r: (BTW Harvey's hours are still showing until 8:30 - VIOLATION)

4 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

sì, naturalmente - and I will defend your right to do so as if it were my own, because in essence it is. Maybe we meet at Harvey's at 7:45 one evening, sit outside enjoying our burgers on the tailgate of my truck until 8:05, and get arrested, or at least ticketed. :ph34r: (BTW Harvey's hours are still showing until 8:30 - VIOLATION)

I am not sure about the legality about a lot of this unilateral orders by 2-bit punk politicians.  Before this crisis they were luck to put out a dumpster fire.  They can't even solve recycling issues.  Yet the are now all super genius epidemiologists and world class virologists wearing a Benito Mussolini uniform.

55 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

See my last post about my information pool.... Everything I stated can easily be found concerning hydroxychloroquine as can the facts about the liberal's agenda...most of it right from their own mouths. Heck just look at the inclusions in their "relief" packages for Americans and they speak for themselves. 

There are many hospitals using hydroxychloroquine as first line therapy for patients that are hospitalized with COVID19.  I hope and pray the treatment is effective.  

I realize the agenda is real.  It's real from both sides.  Both sides will politicize anything and everything they can.  It's the way of the world.

33 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

I haven't had a Harvey burger since the last time we had sports.  Back during basketball season.  And it seems so long ago.  

I wonder if Harvey will trade a large cheeseburger and home fries for a couple rolls of toilet paper.