Hampton Football 2020

uknoit2

Just now, uknoit2 said:

LOTs of different type of strength training mixed with LOTs of conditioning....That's why the top FB programs are at the top and why the best athletes are best. 

Crazy thing is ,lots of schools smaller than Hampton offers it. Think if the world was a person,we'd be the rear end.

1 minute ago, pujo said:

Crazy thing is ,lots of schools smaller than Hampton offers it. Think if the world was a person,we'd be the rear end.

Wasn't long ago J Russell and me paid for someone to come in at a time best for everyone to train all that would come...Same guy that trained Coby.... practically ZERO support and participation from those that should have jumped all over it. Too many just want to lay down and bench and do a few squats and think they've achieved something....When it came to TRAINING they wanted nothing to do with it....And it's nothing compared to what happens at the college level 

12 minutes ago, pujo said:

Yep Started to do that with my youngest instead of Basketball. Played baseball with a bunch of kids who were wrestling. I'm sure its Avery's best in High school right now.

The 1992 team I was on really good. We made it to the State Finals in 1a/2a was combined. I think this year team wins it all in 1a. They might have 7 state champions in the individual’s. The way your son is built he would of been really good if I had to guess.

1 hour ago, uknoit2 said:

Boys, I don't  remember a program that had year round basketball players as starters that we're all that strong of a team. The teams that ended up good were the ones with football players playing key roles. Cosby for example demanded their BB players play basketball only...haven't been a power BB team in years. When the athletes are encouraged to play more than one sport, they usually carry the team 

Its like Parker Hughes.  He's been chomping at the bit to get on the hardwood.  That boy is a ball of energy with tremendous work ethic.  We've got to start raising kids to be like that. 

Just now, uknoit2 said:

Wasn't long ago J Russell and me paid for someone to come in at a time best for everyone to train all that would come...Same guy that trained Coby.... practically ZERO support and participation from those that should have jumped all over it. Too many just want to lay down and bench and do a few squats and think they've achieved something....When it came to TRAINING they wanted nothing to do with it....And it's nothing compared to what happens at the college level 

Love whats going on now,not taking shortcuts, dynamic warm up and stretching at the end. Conditioning on the off days, As long as they keep showing up, its really good.You win and lose football games in the off season.

6 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

You just highlighted the whole reason why we don't have any gold balls in our little county schools. 

Just now, Appvol said:

The 1992 team I was on really good. We made it to the State Finals in 1a/2a was combined. I think this year team wins it all in 1a. They might have 7 state champions in the individual’s. The way your son is built he would of been really good if I had to guess.

Wish I had went that route now. Just loved Bball at the time. Let him make his own choice.

Just now, THE KING said:

You just highlighted the whole reason why we don't have any gold balls in our little county schools. 

Don't make a bit of difference though, if Parents don't expect a lot out of their kids, everyone else is hand tied. You always have a few at every school ,but its a long way from the majority. Thats not changing anytime soon,it actually gets worse all the time.

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

Yep. 

1 hour ago, pujo said:

Don't make a bit of difference though, if Parents don't expect a lot out of their kids, everyone else is hand tied. You always have a few at every school ,but its a long way from the majority. Thats not changing anytime soon,it actually gets worse all the time.

Hard to believe teams like TC always has all the parents behind every kid but their workouts and training are (or were) top notch. Parents can sure hog tie ya but there has to be a way top tier programs work around it 

25 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Yep. 

Hard to believe teams like TC always has all the parents behind every kid but their workouts and training are (or were) top notch. Parents can sure hog tie ya but there has to be a way top tier programs work around it 

I think ours are buying in ,looked really good to me the other day.