Hampton Football 2020

uknoit2

15 hours ago, Uknolil said:

I’ve watched Heritage and Mitchell.. not anything we can’t handle... Avery doesn’t need to be in the conversation. 

As for the whole deal with Etown, great, wonderful, happy for the kids... I have respect for a “few” down that way. Cloudland and Springfield woulda been a good ballgame. 

“Hampton” has to start worrying about “Hampton” and doing what it takes to keep our kids here. And those in Hampton that push their athletes and students to go to Etown should be called out. 

Ready for b-ball to be over so we can get all these kids to work. Have a few that are coming outta b-ball it sounds like, and be happy to have them.. ATHLETES. 

1. I agree.  I think Hampton would be a good matchup for Mitchell and Heritage.  Avery is still a couple years away.

2.  Who are you kidding? :roflol:You and pops are not happy about Etown having that gold ball.  :wink:

3.  I agree.  We all need to build up our own programs, not only for keeping our own kids but maybe a few athletes will come from outside.  If its anyone other than parents pushing the kids to leave,  then yes, they should be called out.  In the end,  parents do what is best for their kids.

4.  Don't let Ned hear you talking like that :lol:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, THE KING said:

1. I agree.  I think Hampton would be a good matchup for Mitchell and Heritage.  Avery is still a couple years away.

2.  Who are you kidding? :roflol:You and pops are not happy about Etown having that gold ball.  :wink:

3.  I agree.  We all need to build up our own programs, not only for keeping our own kids but maybe a few athletes will come from outside.  If its anyone other than parents pushing the kids to leave,  then yes, they should be called out.  In the end,  parents do what is best for their kids.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE!!!

Other than the Unaka game,Hampton's schedule makes perfect sense, its not like they've owned all these out of region teams. Gate means everything in a County as poor as ours. I'm sure this game actually helps Unaka.  As far as Cloudland scheduling, this is about as good as it gets,  They could schedule a few more 1a teams but  they would have to do a lot of travel and money would dry up in a hurry.

58 minutes ago, pujo said:

Other than the Unaka game,Hampton's schedule makes perfect sense, its not like they've owned all these out of region teams. Gate means everything in a County as poor as ours. I'm sure this game actually helps Unaka.  As far as Cloudland scheduling, this is about as good as it gets,  They could schedule a few more 1a teams but  they would have to do a lot of travel and money would dry up in a hurry.

I loved this past year's schedule.  Cland was challenged about every other game.  The game with hancock was actually closer than the one with JC.    Now that being said,  the jury is out on next fall.  There need to be a boat load of kids lifting weights if no other reason than to keep from getting hurt.  Remember when we took a bus of children to play the men of coaltrain back in 2011.  We had all sorts of kids being carried off the field.  That used to be unheard of at cland

3 hours ago, THE KING said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE!!!

Thank ya King!! 

In schools as small as ours, our kids need to be multi sport athletes to continue to have successful programs. 

4 hours ago, THE KING said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE!!!

10 minutes ago, Uknolil said:

Thank ya King!! 

In schools as small as ours, our kids need to be multi sport athletes to continue to have successful programs. 

Boys, I don't  remember a program that had year round basketball players as starters that we're all that strong of a team. The teams that ended up good were the ones with football players playing key roles. Cosby for example demanded their BB players play basketball only...haven't been a power BB team in years. When the athletes are encouraged to play more than one sport, they usually carry the team 

8 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Boys, I don't  remember a program that had year round basketball players as starters that we're all that strong of a team. The teams that ended up good were the ones with football players playing key roles. Cosby for example demanded their BB players play basketball only...haven't been a power BB team in years. When the athletes are encouraged to play more than one sport, they usually carry the team 

With it getting ready to be National Signing day they always talk about how good the top recruits are at other sports and coaches look for that. I wish Hampton had wrestling.It would be really good for the OL. 

Just now, Appvol said:

With it getting ready to be National Signing day they always talk about how good the top recruits are at other sports and coaches look for that. I wish Hampton had wrestling.It would be really good for the OL. 

You and me both. Training for wrestling is a beast. 

9 minutes ago, pujo said:

And has tough as the kids are down there Hampton would be really good at. What you should do get kids at a young age and get them to wrestle in the Avery County youth club. The Dog Town wrestling club is really good.

6 minutes ago, Appvol said:

And has tough as the kids are down there Hampton would be really good at. What you should do get kids at a young age and get them to wrestle in the Avery County youth club. The Dog Town wrestling club is really good.

Yep Started to do that with my youngest instead of Basketball. Played baseball with a bunch of kids who were wrestling. I'm sure its Avery's best in High school right now.

34 minutes ago, Appvol said:

31 minutes ago, pujo said:

LOTs of different type of strength training mixed with LOTs of conditioning....That's why the top FB programs are at the top and why the best athletes are best.