Meigs County Football 2020

Yeti

51 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

:excl: Tickets are now on sale for the Meigs County vs. South Pittsburg game.:excl:

Tickets are on sale Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 2:30 till 4 P.M. They are on sale all day Wednesday.

From my understanding the number of tickets for this game to be sold has been raised a little. It's better than it was gentleman. Get em while their hot.

Also South Pittsburgs alotment was also raised some compared to our previous allotment from what I've gathered. 

Gonna be the same for Oneida? 

8 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

How are they sellin them? Just curious so I can make sure to get my hands on em for Oneida game. I didn’t know if they were online or what. 

I think we send your school a certain number to sell and we sell some ourselves at our school. We dont sell any online as far as I know.

• 4 weeks later...

Enjoyed watching the game last night. Polk played hard, and I can see why Bledsoe had trouble with them last week. They did play with alot of heart and came ready to try and upset us. Meigs was just too much for them on both sides of the ball. I loved the playcalling as well for Meigs. It will be hard for anyone to scheme us the way we played last night. Impact players had their normal impact games. I thought #7 had his best game of the season with his touches on the ball. Especially the circus catch in the endzone. Great coaching tonight, great effort by the players. Polk didnt play like their record showed them to be I thought. If they can get up for a playoff game like they did against us and Bledsoe they could upset someone. Meigs is one game away from an undefeated regular season.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Enjoyed watching the game last night. Polk played hard, and I can see why Bledsoe had trouble with them last week. They did play with alot of heart and came ready to try and upset us. Meigs was just too much for them on both sides of the ball. I loved the playcalling as well for Meigs. It will be hard for anyone to scheme us the way we played last night. Impact players had their normal impact games. I thought #7 had his best game of the season with his touches on the ball. Especially the circus catch in the endzone. Great coaching tonight, great effort by the players. Polk didnt play like their record showed them to be I thought. If they can get up for a playoff game like they did against us and Bledsoe they could upset someone. Meigs is one game away from an undefeated regular season.

Play calling second half was much better. I believe reason Polk looked tough the first quarter and most of the second was they knew what to expect out of the formations and seen what our guys were doing. For the most part same old try to line up and run over the other guys. 

We just wore them down. It looked like they only had about 20 players on the team. We easily had double the guys.

The second half looked a lot better. Jet sweeps, running outside, short passes, and spreading the ball around.

Meadows is unbelievable but they got to do more with him than run it up gut. Two passes behind or near line of scrimmage and look what he did with. 99 yards and making several guys miss in open field.

It was great to see them finally go back and make an effort to get 7 the ball. He is a tall WR with good hands. 

Got 15 involved and 5 had some good runs .  

Maybe they are keeping some of the plays in the book for now.

Edited by Tiger2

48 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

Play calling second half was much better. I believe reason Polk looked tough the first quarter and most of the second was they knew what to expect out of the formations and seen what our guys were doing. For the most part same old try to line up and run over the other guys. 

We just wore them down. It looked like they only had about 20 players on the team. We easily had double the guys.

The second half looked a lot better. Jet sweeps, running outside, short passes, and spreading the ball around.

Meadows is unbelievable but they got to do more with him than run it up gut. Two passes behind or near line of scrimmage and look what he did with. 99 yards and making several guys miss in open field.

It was great to see them finally go back and make an effort to get 7 the ball. He is a tall WR with good hands. 

Got 15 involved and 5 had some good runs .  

Maybe they are keeping some of the plays in the book for now.

I am not dissatisfied with our playcalling really. We only do poorly it seems if another team schemes us like Oneida and Central does. We will still beat less talented  teams when they do it because of the talent gap difference. That being said we have enough talented recievers on the field including Meadows to be able to make teams respect our passing game when they are loading the box. It really made a difference last night I thought especially with the out of ordinary plays we ran. I cant argue with our 9-0 record and wont criticize our playcalling any. I will say however that our games would probably take a quicker turn in the right direction I believe if we threw more short passes. Meadows is an unbelievable athlete not only running, but also receiving the ball. With #5, 7, and 15 also out there as competent recievers we could easily make it happen more often like we did last night. Most teams cannot stop a really good run game and passing game down. They normally pick one they feel is the bigger threat and try and shut it down.

34 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I am not dissatisfied with our playcalling really. We only do poorly it seems if another team schemes us like Oneida and Central does. We will still beat less talented  teams when they do it because of the talent gap difference. That being said we have enough talented recievers on the field including Meadows to be able to make teams respect our passing game when they are loading the box. It really made a difference last night I thought especially with the out of ordinary plays we ran. I cant argue with our 9-0 record and wont criticize our playcalling any. I will say however that our games would probably take a quicker turn in the right direction I believe if we threw more short passes. Meadows is an unbelievable athlete not only running, but also receiving the ball. With #5, 7, and 15 also out there as competent recievers we could easily make it happen more often like we did last night. Most teams cannot stop a really good run game and passing game down. They normally pick one they feel is the bigger threat and try and shut it down.

I agree with most of it. We got the options but I just wish we would do more. Most teams like you said cant stop really good run and pass teams.  

We are a great running team but from what they have showed thus far at least by the numbers we are lacking in the passing game. Most weeks we are are throwing it only a couple of times a game. Last week the only completion was the long bomb at end of the game when Oneida wasn't expecting us to do nothing but run the clock out.

I just think we need to get the guys more reps earlier in the game in situations where it matters to prepare them for the teams like TC, H20, and hopefully Peabody because you can be sure those teams are going to have a good plan and attack on shutting down that run game. 

We don't do anything different unless we are up big most of that time. Then you are going against weaker defenders and worn down players that are already beat. 

16 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

I agree with most of it. We got the options but I just wish we would do more. Most teams like you said cant stop really good run and pass teams.  

We are a great running team but from what they have showed thus far at least by the numbers we are lacking in the passing game. Most weeks we are are throwing it only a couple of times a game. Last week the only completion was the long bomb at end of the game when Oneida wasn't expecting us to do nothing but run the clock out.

I just think we need to get the guys more reps earlier in the game in situations where it matters to prepare them for the teams like TC, H20, and hopefully Peabody because you can be sure those teams are going to have a good plan and attack on shutting down that run game. 

We don't do anything different unless we are up big most of that time. Then you are going against weaker defenders and worn down players that are already beat. 

Before the Polk game I was told we did a lot of passing in practice. It seemed to pay off. We have the talent to be a great passing team if we chose to be. We are already top notch in the run game. Like you I just wish we would spread it out earlier and more often, but only to keep defenses honest. The best passing I've ever seen Meigs do is against Trousdale in 18. They shut down our run game and we had to pass to compete. We did a really good job of it that game I thought. Its early yet and there's no telling what we have up or sleeve really. 

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Before the Polk game I was told we did a lot of passing in practice. It seemed to pay off. We have the talent to be a great passing team if we chose to be. We are already top notch in the run game. Like you I just wish we would spread it out earlier and more often, but only to keep defenses honest. The best passing I've ever seen Meigs do is against Trousdale in 18. They shut down our run game and we had to pass to compete. We did a really good job of it that game I thought. Its early yet and there's no telling what we have up or sleeve really. 

The offense in 18 was a well-oiled machine, and I was shocked TC shut down our run. Nothing against TC (they were a GREAT team) but I just thought we were that good. I’m not a big “what if?” guy, but I would love to know how that season plays out with a healthy Martin Smith. 

52 minutes ago, ElGoat said:

The offense in 18 was a well-oiled machine, and I was shocked TC shut down our run. Nothing against TC (they were a GREAT team) but I just thought we were that good. I’m not a big “what if?” guy, but I would love to know how that season plays out with a healthy Martin Smith. 

It was sad to see Martin go down. He worked hard to get back for that TC game.  I believe it would have been a lot different story if he could have played that game. If we would have a kicker that year it would have also helped. It hurted getting stuffed on the goaline rather than kicking an easy field goal.

Our guys have had a lot of tough luck with injuries to key players last couple of years. 

Hopefully this team can stay healthy and get back to Cookeville