Meigs County Football 2020

Yeti

Just now, TigerNation said:

They are as long as they are enrolled with that school.

But they shouldn’t be allowed at any school in my opinion. If momma is to scared to let junior go to school then she should be scared to death to let him play da fooseball:roflolk: 

2 minutes ago, crow said:

But they shouldn’t be allowed at any school in my opinion. If momma is to scared to let junior go to school then she should be scared to death to let him play da fooseball:roflolk: 

The student takes online classes provided by that school, is eligible for meals from that school, receives assistance in their work from teachers employed by that school system, and their grades and test scores count towards teachers licenses in that school system. Only difference between them and a traditional student is they have a much shorter commute. I don't see how if they're going to be counted as a student in practically every regard that you can justify denying them access to extra-curricular activities.

24 minutes ago, hohmaster said:

I mainly remember the Meigs Middle backup QB (TJ?) from last year being a stud on both sides of the ball. That team certainly had some big, strong, vicious linemen too. Meigs high school's success for the last several years has generated interest and pride all the way down to their little league teams.
Covid has affected sports for sure. A thought just hit me, are the kids allowed to play sports if they're doing the online schooling?  

TigerNation answered it and glad he did as I didnt know one way or the other.

18 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

The student takes online classes provided by that school, is eligible for meals from that school, receives assistance in their work from teachers employed by that school system, and their grades and test scores count towards teachers licenses in that school system. Only difference between them and a traditional student is they have a much shorter commute. I don't see how if they're going to be counted as a student in practically every regard that you can justify denying them access to extra-curricular activities.

Do you have a son currently playing for Meigs? I don't want names, just curious if people posting on here have one playing or they're just a fan?

2 minutes ago, hohmaster said:

Do you have a son currently playing for Meigs? I don't want names, just curious if people posting on here have one playing or they're just a fan?

Personally just a fan. Had 2 boys play within the last 5 years but both graduated and on to the next stage in life.

29 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

Thanks coach :roflol:

8 minutes ago, hohmaster said:

My time on the T is probably coming to an end within the next 2 years though. Use to know alot of the kids playing now I just know a handful. I'll still go to some games probably but I wont post after that not knowing anyone.