William Blount 2020

Governm

1 hour ago, strongx said:

It is odd that players leave LA to travel further down Morganton Rd to play football? I seriously doubt cash is exchanging hands. What could explain such a thing? 

One would think that instead of filming videos and taking pictures to turn into the TSSAA, WB would be better served in talking to some of these kids and families and try to figure out why they are leaving....then again, maybe they already know.  Micah wasn't going back to WB even if it meant giving up football.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Would be a no win situation for William Blount. They beat Greenback and everyone says well you were supposed to. They are 1A and you are 6A. You lose and you fall further into the abyss. Even more WB kids would want to jump ship. 

The gate money would be the win win for WB, win or lose the game.  Their next door neighbors like Maryville and Alcoa. It would be a good thing for both schools. Someday we'll get a leader over the TSSAA that will figure it out that we need some kind of power rating to match teams up instead of enrollment which don't work. It would get rid of 90% of these blowout hail merry games that no one wants to see. 

49 minutes ago, jake said:

One would think that instead of filming videos and taking pictures to turn into the TSSAA, WB would be better served in talking to some of these kids and families and try to figure out why they are leaving....then again, maybe they already know.  Micah wasn't going back to WB even if it meant giving up football.  

Great post!Also I would put my money on the Orange and black 75% of the time in a 4 quarter contest.Just my uneducated guess my sons are a welder and a minister not a coach so what do I know.:thumb:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Great post!Also I would put my money on the Orange and black 75% of the time in a 4 quarter contest.Just my uneducated guess my sons are a welder and a minister not a coach so what do I know.:thumb:

You would lose. Doesn’t matter because it will remain a fantasy game. 

48 minutes ago, MLREB said:

You would lose. Doesn’t matter because it will remain a fantasy game. 

I remember when 2A GCA played 6A Jefferson County in 2016 it was a close game for a long time then the depth showed up in the 4th quarter. The only difference is Shad don't use his depth. Also a good time to schedule a game like that for Greenback is the week WB comes back from fall vacation Shad takes every year. 

• Like 2

On 8/9/2020 at 1:25 PM, jake said:

jake, I will listen, but nobody opens up completely to me... 

(from the outside looking in) it seems taking your talents to greenback is an easy way out. Win games, maybe get a ring, and enjoy the time in HS. If u stand out u can get some college looks, but for most HS is as far as they want to go with football.  OR stay at WB, compete in 6A with the like of Maryville, Oakland,DB, Etc..  Lose Games, no rings, and try to sneak into the playoffs.

Parents are choosing the easy way it seems more recently, but that can change when 1 or two classes stay intact for 4 years, i know this because it happened from 98-2008 WB was a tough out in the playoffs during those years

On 8/9/2020 at 1:25 PM, jake said:

I could be wrong but I really don’t think in this one instance it is about poaching a player. If you know the back story and the home life you know he has had to make adjustments for along time.  I wish him the best of luck. 

3 hours ago, Rebel1972 said:

I could be wrong but I really don’t think in this one instance it is about poaching a player. If you know the back story and the home life you know he has had to make adjustments for along time.  I wish him the best of luck. 

No, sir. You're exactly right!If some of these people on here knew exactly what this kid has went through most of his life they would leave it alone.

10 hours ago, Rebel1972 said:

I agree with you 100%....I know there was no poaching going on.  Actually, this kid and three of WB better players had tried to get in at GB last year and their families could not manage to make the move into Loudon County, so GB didn't set out to poach him, he sought them out.

17 minutes ago, jake said:

I agree with you 100%....I know there was no poaching going on.  Actually, this kid and three of WB better players had tried to get in at GB last year and their families could not manage to make the move into Loudon County, so GB didn't set out to poach him, he sought them out.

What is Greenback supposed to do when these kids aren't just on the door step but practically begging to let me in?Some of these kids weren't used to know where near their potential.Do to the proximity to my house I get to watch a little more WB than GB and a couple those kids Greenback got last year I really hadn't heard of and man what players they all turned out to be when a coach uses them!

Some body earlier said it's easier to go to Greenback!Have you ever watched them play down there??Its much harder playing every down!That South Pitt game is a SLAMMER each time they play.

Edited by Jim1972
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, williebgovs04 said:

jake, I will listen, but nobody opens up completely to me... 

(from the outside looking in) it seems taking your talents to greenback is an easy way out. Win games, maybe get a ring, and enjoy the time in HS. If u stand out u can get some college looks, but for most HS is as far as they want to go with football.  OR stay at WB, compete in 6A with the like of Maryville, Oakland,DB, Etc..  Lose Games, no rings, and try to sneak into the playoffs.

Parents are choosing the easy way it seems more recently, but that can change when 1 or two classes stay intact for 4 years, i know this because it happened from 98-2008 WB was a tough out in the playoffs during those years

Hey willieb….I hope all has been well with you and family, you guys have been in our thoughts and prayers!!

My whole point was that contacting TSSAA seems to never get anywhere, and I just wonder if it may be more productive to reach out to the kids and families to see why they were leaving and if there was something that could be done differently. 

I know when people leave me in the insurance business, I always try to reach out to them and find out if me or my company did something wrong to cause them to leave or if they just found a cheaper rate...most of the time they just found a cheaper rate, but every now and then I get information to share with my company on things that we can do better.

1 hour ago, Jim1972 said:

What is Greenback supposed to do when these kids aren't just on the door step but practically begging to let me in?Some of these kids weren't used to know where near their potential.Do to the proximity to my house I get to watch a little more WB than GB and a couple those kids Greenback got last year I really hadn't heard of and man what players they all turned out to be when a coach uses them!

Some body earlier said it's easier to go to Greenback!Have you ever watched them play down there??Its much harder playing every down!That South Pitt game is a SLAMMER each time they play.

Yes, I have been to quite a few games at GB over the last three or four years....I have seen all three of their slamfests against SP and even traveled to Whitwell in 2018 tow watch the semi final game.

GB has done everything right, they have built a great program with a community feel that a lot ok kids and families want to be a part of.

• Like 2