Mairvul Footbawl 2020 (offishual thred)

STARSNBARS

6 hours ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Don’t let The Goons hear you call the Black Hole Shields-Watkins lol They are dying for us to play them at Neyland. The field is actually named Jim Renfro Field. 

I tried to type Skeeter Shields field, guess auto correct got me when I wasn't paying attention...

57 minutes ago, strongx said:

I like the idea of playing at UT, but not 2 Blount county teams. Murvil should play the next up and coming Knoxville team at neyland. Fulton got anything this yr? That might bring a Knox crowd! Or maybe Powell next yr? Both teams should be lights out in 2021.

I’d love a game with Pal at Neyland. 

23 hours ago, strongx said:

I like the idea of playing at UT, but not 2 Blount county teams. Murvil should play the next up and coming Knoxville team at neyland. Fulton got anything this yr? That might bring a Knox crowd! Or maybe Powell next yr? Both teams should be lights out in 2021.

Never happen. The costs in $ to play at Neyland are way too high. MHS won't absorb those costs and neither will UT. Burning those lights and security are cost prohibited. 

12 hours ago, OldRebel2 said:

Never happen. The costs in $ to play at Neyland are way too high. MHS won't absorb those costs and neither will UT. Burning those lights and security are cost prohibited. 

That makes sense but still sux. It would be a memory of a lifetime for a lot of kids on both teams. I guess we got to make enough $ to power the jumbo and water the grass (so to speak). Pal might be a good pickup next yr.

A 2 p.m. game on Saturday would save on the light bill. My only negative would be the cost of 2 hot dogs would be more than an admission ticket and someone selling parking for tickets for who knows what. Might draw more outsiders but it would lose a lot of real Maryville and Alcoa fans that would go if it were in town. If I paid $13 for a can of beer I would have to drink it through a coffee straw or I would leave there a very poor man.

Agree Barn. It makes no sense to me for murvil/alco to move their very successful event to Knoxville. However, if there was a big game against the next great Knoxville team, more Knox fans might show up vs driving to Mayberry. 
it don’t matter. It’s kinda like the IFL. Murvils program is doing fine, and don’t really need fixed. I maintain the kids would enjoy it.