RESPECT or Notoriety! Why worthy schools, coaches and players don't get any!?

RealisticFan45

9 hours ago, bleedblackandgold said:

...I do not usually attend Bradley/Cleveland game in the last few years due to crowds.  But I have been to two games that you coached at (I stand corrected) in the last few years...

I'm trying to figure something out. Was it two different games that Reuter got cussed out and the player lifted her shirt? Also can you give me the call sign, (the W-whatever) of the radio station you were listening to while you were watching the game and an approximate date?

Edit: The call sign of the station and the remarks you quoted the announcer as saying with regard to the player raising her shirt.

Edited by Americal198

1 hour ago, Americal198 said:

I'm trying to figure something out. Was it two different games that Reuter got cussed out and the player lifted her shirt? Also can you give me the call sign, (the W-whatever) of the radio station you were listening to while you were watching the game and an approximate date?

It was two different ball games. Reuter was cursed at Cleveland maybe two years ago. The Chattanoogan did a write up on it. This flashing was this year at Bradley- December 13, 2019. You can watch the game on Facebook on BCHS Bear Network with radio (104.1) commentary. She fouls out at the 1 hour 20 mark. I guess you get a technical for untucking your shirt???? All FACTS.!!!!!

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, bleedblackandgold said:

It was two different ball games. Reuter was cursed at Cleveland maybe two years ago. The Chattanoogan did a write up on it. This flashing was this year at Bradley- December 13, 2019. You can watch the game on Facebook on BCHS Bear Network with radio (104.1) commentary. She fouls out at the 1 hour 20 mark. I guess you get a technical for untucking your shirt???? All FACTS.!!!!!

"Ohhhh! She pulls her jersey over her underwear to show the world what she doesn't have."

You have more of a complaint with the radio announcer for his clever comment.

You have already stated that the player gave the official a piece of her mind. Maybe that's why she got the technical?

Seriously. I recommend that you visit members of the School Board and lodge a complaint about a MORALS violation against the coach and the individual player involved.

Your effort would bear more fruit if you did all of this in person, rather than posting anonymously in this forum.

"Ohhhh! She pulls her jersey over her underwear to show the world what she doesn't have."

Was that comment really made by on a high school girls basketball radio broadcast?  If so, whoever made that comment should be embarrassed and ashamed.  They also should no longer be calling basketball games.  I don't have a dog in this Cleveland/Bradley fight but that comment is disgusting and unacceptable.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, maddams said:

Was that comment really made by on a high school girls basketball radio broadcast?  If so, whoever made that comment should be embarrassed and ashamed.  They also should no longer be calling basketball games.  I don't have a dog in this Cleveland/Bradley fight but that comment is disgusting and unacceptable.

"... Facebook on BCHS Bear Network with radio (104.1) commentary..." You should be able to find the broadcast here. It took me a while to find the quoted words in the video. Check out late in the game around the 1:05 mark. I was not able to locate the player who fouled out.

As I stated earlier, this thread is not worthy of the players—most of whom are minors. I am in total agreement with your comment.

On 1/5/2020 at 3:13 PM, ClevelandRaiderFan4Life said:

I think that is part of it.  I have watched basketball in this district for the entire Jason Reuter era.  There are a couple teams in this district that will never be able to field a team that will be competitive with the Bradley's, Cleveland's, or in recent years East Hamilton's.  The fact that Bradley beats those teams so unmercifully might create a negative impact on those coaches, it probably affects their voting.  I personally watched Cleveland play a completely outmatched Loudon team on Friday and play 14 kids evenly throughout the game to win by only 20.  If Bradley had played that game they would have won by 80 and so could Cleveland if they had wanted too.  Respect is not earned through humiliation, but by humility.

Bradley has won by 60 and played every player on their roster more the the rest of the district put together. Your out of your lane making statements about another program. I went to a few games that Rhyne Howard played 20 minutes and her team won by 40. Plus, their is a JV game in most cases at 3:30 before the varsity game at 6:00. Most people don’t know that many of those girls on some coaches benches have just played a (32) minute jv game.

• Upvote 1

On 1/9/2020 at 5:41 AM, coachinhoops said:

Make sure you direct your hate at the appropriate source.  I personally don't care what you think of me, but you post on a social media site behind a fake account like any good coward would.  You don't post facts as you don't have correct information.  The Bearettes deserved 5 or 6 all district players last year, but you can't vote for people who aren't nominated.  As for Coach of the year, me and Gremore both voted him number 1.  Know what you are talking about before you speak.  I shouldn't even be replying, but people deserve the facts.  I simply use coacht for information as most coaches do.  It just helps to have facts.

Make sure you direct your hate at the appropriate source.  I personally don't care what you think of me, but you post on a social media site behind a fake account like any good coward would.  You don't post facts as you don't have correct information.  The Bearettes deserved 5 or 6 all district players last year, but you can't vote for people who aren't nominated.  As for Coach of the year, me and Gremore both voted him number 1.  Know what you are talking about before you speak.  I shouldn't even be replying, but people deserve the facts.  I simply use coacht for information as most coaches do.  It just helps to have facts.

Put your name with your post if your not a coward .

Just talked with people counting the votes . Said last year was the first time toney Williams has ever voted for Coach Reuter!

Keep in mind that when they nominate several girls the rest of the district splits the votes up and they only get two players many seasons. My own daughter got left off of all district and played college basketball . Coach Reuter explained how the other coaches make sure how to vote to leave those girls off the all district team. 

15 hours ago, MAD SCIENCE said:

Keep in mind that when they nominate several girls the rest of the district splits the votes up and they only get two players many seasons. My own daughter got left off of all district and played college basketball . Coach Reuter explained how the other coaches make sure how to vote to leave those girls off the all district team. 

I have been out of the know for a few years as I don’t personally know any of the players now- but this has always been the case. I just see it as disrespect.   Thank you for actual facts as to why. Sad for the girls that deserve the award to be overlooked. Gotta love the haters.