126- Cleveland by pin

132- Bradley 5-2 

138- Bradley by FF

145- Cleveland by pin

Final.

CLEVELAND 42  BRADLEY 27

Edited by JTBMom

2 hours ago, fooseball95 said:

Bentley Ellison at 106 wrestled a heckuva match losing 4-3. Wrestling a senior that’s 18-19 years old and him being a freshman at 14 weighing 100lbs. That young man has a bright future

Eathan is only 17 and went into that match very weak and sick, but regardless, not taking anything away from Bentley. Very good wrestler for a freshman. 

After last nights match, Bradley bumped up their 170 two weights to wrestle at 195 in which they won  5-2 against In my opinion Cleveland’s weakest weight, but they still gave up a pin at 170. My thinking would have been To leave the 170 and wrestle one of the other guys up.  Bradley hasn’t wrestled 182 and 195 all year from my understanding. I believe Bradley was just trying to throw the kitchen sink in trying to win. Anyways the atmosphere was electric last night. Good luck to the bears the rest of the way and Gooooooo Blue!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, fooseball95 said:

Never in my memory has a Bradley squad forfeited 2 weights

I hate to break it to the wrestling purist but high school wrestling has to many weight classifications.  Several states are in the middle of discussions with regards to returning to the original number of 12 weight classifications.  Even it super wrestling states like New York, PA, Ohio, California and Oklahoma they are having to deal with an unusual number of forfeits.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, cbg said:

I hate to break it to the wrestling purist but high school wrestling has to many weight classifications.  Several states are in the middle of discussions with regards to returning to the original number of 12 weight classifications.  Even it super wrestling states like New York, PA, Ohio, California and Oklahoma they are having to deal with an unusual number of forfeits.  

I agree with moving to 12. But Bradley didn’t forfeit any, I knew they would have something ui their sleeve, it just didn’t work

Edited by fooseball95

4 hours ago, fooseball95 said:

After last nights match, Bradley bumped up their 170 two weights to wrestle at 195 in which they won  5-2 against In my opinion Cleveland’s weakest weight, but they still gave up a pin at 170. My thinking would have been To leave the 170 and wrestle one of the other guys up.  Bradley hasn’t wrestled 182 and 195 all year from my understanding. I believe Bradley was just trying to throw the kitchen sink in trying to win. Anyways the atmosphere was electric last night. Good luck to the bears the rest of the way and Gooooooo Blue!!!!!!!

The final was 42-27. Cleveland gave 6 at 138 when the match had been secured. Bradford is still out of the line up and they got 6 at that weight. I don’t think they can make up enough points to close the distance in a few weeks but you never know.

On 1/9/2020 at 8:58 PM, fooseball95 said:

Bentley Ellison at 106 wrestled a heckuva match losing 4-3. Wrestling a senior that’s 18-19 years old and him being a freshman at 14 weighing 100lbs. That young man has a bright future

No one is going to disagree that Bentley wrestled a good, tough match. But, why the need to misrepresent the BCHS wrestlers age as 18 or 19, when neither is true? Why the need to embellish? Bentley's performance was impressive on its own. No need to just make stuff up. 

• Like 1