District 13 AA Top 4. who you got

WhereYouAt

5 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Oh really? What about a Madison team? NS isn’t that bad. What do you mean a postseason team when they only went to 1 Substate game in school history? 

Hawkman, 

easy, the school has only been playing varsity basketball for 10 years. Do not get your feathers ruffled, or crap in in the nest. Nobody here is throwing jabs. Lets be honest. SGC is playing way of its league to begin with. They are taking a bunch of country boys that were probably bailing hay this summer and competing with some of the better teams in the state. Everyone knows that the hawks are the real deal this year. Let us little people have our fun. You will have yours come tourney time. 

54 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Hawkman, 

easy, the school has only been playing varsity basketball for 10 years. Do not get your feathers ruffled, or crap in in the nest. Nobody here is throwing jabs. Lets be honest. SGC is playing way of its league to begin with. They are taking a bunch of country boys that were probably bailing hay this summer and competing with some of the better teams in the state. Everyone knows that the hawks are the real deal this year. Let us little people have our fun. You will have yours come tourney time. 

I like ruffled feathers lol. I wasn’t throwing jabs, I was asking a serious question. The Hawks are ok, I also hear Covington is the real deal. Until someone bets Wooddale, they are still the champs! 

Just now, HawkGuy06 said:

Memphis is dwn this year tho. It’s Wooddale, Fayette-Ware, Covington on that side. Then South Side & South Gibson on this side. It should get real interesting in about 3 weeks 

If, and that is a big IF SGC can keep from playing what I call speed ball we have shot. If we have to play speed ball we are going to be in trouble. You mentioned previously that SGC guard play is suspect. I respectively disagree. They are not as good as last year, yes, but both of our starting guards now are just getting into BBall shape. Both played a very physical football season and were late additions to the team. The big is a huge plus for us. We don't have just 1 either. We have two 6,7 and one 6,8. All 3 play the 5 really well and move people under the basket for rebounds and easy buckets. The smaller of three play the 3 and 4 really well also. All 3 are good on the line and play hard nosed round ball.  

Do not forget about Crockett and DBurg. I know they have fudged a few games both probably should have won.

Only time will tell. 

I have been personally surprised by the success of our boys this year. I figured there would be a considerable drop off from the talent we lost last season. They have really surprised me to this point. 

This region is gonna come down to South Side and South Gibson..........everybody else has 3-4 major flaws.

North Side isn't good enough, ancient offense, coach who doesn't care, and players who have low B-BALL IQ.

Dyersburg is wildly inconsistent, one very good player and not much else, defensive effort lacks at times

Crockett is offensively challenged, turnover prone, and not much in the interior. 

1 hour ago, dmm88 said:

This region is gonna come down to South Side and South Gibson..........everybody else has 3-4 major flaws.

North Side isn't good enough, ancient offense, coach who doesn't care, and players who have low B-BALL IQ.

Dyersburg is wildly inconsistent, one very good player and not much else, defensive effort lacks at times

Crockett is offensively challenged, turnover prone, and not much in the interior. 

Very accurate! 

On 1/28/2020 at 8:32 AM, HawkGuy06 said:

I just talked with one of North Side‘s coaches let’s just say it was a lot of fouls to North Side’s very little fouls. I heard SG had a total of 11 fouls called on them the whole game. Meanwhile NS started the 2nd half in the double bonus. I wasn’t there myself! So I am going off one of the coaches said 

How do you start a half in the dbl bonus?

2 hours ago, dmm88 said:

I haven’t saw Northside this year but you are spot on with Dburg and Crockett. However, to me it’s not a forgone conclusion that SG will run through as this post is insinuating. I feel Dburg or Crockett could beat them on any given night.

This upcoming week for SG will give us extreme insight on what they are made of. Go on the road and take on a rival Crockett. Then host an inconsistent D-Burg team who could show up and play lights out against SG. If SG can get through this week, then i’d go ahead and sign them up for a undefeated district record going into the playoffs. I cant wait to see how this plays out...