Glass House Picks in Single A

pioneer42

Only this way because of  TSSAA taking away our natural region teams That geographical made more sense & put us across the River - now after they know they messed this up they try to legislate what too far for teams to travel  / bet 8AAA wish they would move them out of Murfreesboro region but somehow nobody wants to swap - wonder why 

4 hours ago, NWhoopaholic said:

Never been to Perry Co. HS. Wondered about its seating capacity. It makes the most sense geographically when District 12 hosts. Region has endured two years of massive travel. This region is so widespread it should be held as far north as possible in even years and as far south in odd years. Clarksburg couldn't do it but maybe 11A could work out something with Lexington next year. Just a thought.

Actually Clarksburg can do it and probably will be the site next year

On 1/22/2020 at 9:56 PM, tradertwo said:

Not going to go back and check, but I believe that the policy states "same campus"... not necessarily the same building, but the same facility.

Here is what I came up with off the website:

Section 8. An eighth grade student is eligible to participate for a member school if he/she is enrolled at the school. Students below the eighth grade are not eligible to practice or participate for a member school. Any student repeating the eighth grade shall not be eligible for high school participation during the year that the student is repeating the eighth grade. Participation as an eighth grader shall not reduce the number of semesters a student is allowed to participate after enrolling in the ninth grade.

I think Huntingdon proposed something a few years to change it or eliminate it all together and it got shot down. When I was in school at Greenfield we were a K-12 school but K-8 and 9-12 were in two different buildings separated by a street and we played up as 8th graders. 

1 hour ago, jvaughan said:

Section 8. An eighth grade student is eligible to participate for a member school if he/she is enrolled at the school. Students below the eighth grade are not eligible to practice or participate for a member school. Any student repeating the eighth grade shall not be eligible for high school participation during the year that the student is repeating the eighth grade. Participation as an eighth grader shall not reduce the number of semesters a student is allowed to participate after enrolling in the ninth grade.

I think Huntingdon proposed something a few years to change it or eliminate it all together and it got shot down. When I was in school at Greenfield we were a K-12 school but K-8 and 9-12 were in two different buildings separated by a street and we played up as 8th graders. 

Same situation at Scotts Hill back before the new school (9-12) was built... played up from 8'th grade until then, but not anymore, even though both are titled "Scotts Hill".

4 hours ago, jvaughan said:

If you did that, you played illegally. Pickett has 1 K-8 and 1 9-12 in the entire county.... separated by a road and have been told repeatedly that 8th graders cannot play

20 minutes ago, UCPrepShowcase said:

If you did that, you played illegally. Pickett has 1 K-8 and 1 9-12 in the entire county.... separated by a road and have been told repeatedly that 8th graders cannot play

Pickett would have two different schools then. If you are in K-8 Pickett you are not enrolled at the 9-12 school. The rules says enrolled at the same school, not the same school system as it would be at Pickett. So that is why they have been told repeatedly that 8th graders can not play. Greenfield has been one K-12 school since 1990 even though they were in the two different buildings until the fall of 2004. I graduated in 2003 and we did it for about 10 years prior under the coach I played for. 

Edited by jvaughan

3 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Same situation at Scotts Hill back before the new school (9-12) was built... played up from 8'th grade until then, but not anymore, even though both are titled "Scotts Hill".

Exactly, 2 different schools now.

I went to Union with Crystal Eason, who if there was a "8th Grader playing up Hall of Fame" would be selected on her first ballot.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the state tournament is going to be a good one. Greenfield’s still rolling.  Pickett County beat a good Clay County team pretty good last night. Clarkrange is always tough. Summertown to me is playing really good right now. We knew Loretto was good and I once thought they may be a step ahead of them. Not so sure now. Lots of others in East TN and West TN getting ready to battle it out. Going to be some good basketball in a few weeks. Prayers to all for good health and safety moving forward!!

On 1/24/2020 at 1:50 PM, jvaughan said:

Pickett would have two different schools then. If you are in K-8 Pickett you are not enrolled at the 9-12 school. The rules says enrolled at the same school, not the same school system as it would be at Pickett. So that is why they have been told repeatedly that 8th graders can not play. Greenfield has been one K-12 school since 1990 even though they were in the two different buildings until the fall of 2004. I graduated in 2003 and we did it for about 10 years prior under the coach I played for. 

Isn't that splitting hairs???? There IS NO OTHER school in Pickett Co???