Glass House Picks in Single A

pioneer42

State Tournament is getting closer and closer. I personally have chosen 5 teams that I think will be there starting in East TN to West TN.                       
North Green,  Clarkrange, Pickett County, Loretto and Greenfield. The next three spots is where it gets tricky, IMO. Oneida or Cloudland  and Summertown or Huntingdon will be there, IMO. The next spot is wide open so I will list all that I think has a chance and it is a long list: Gibson County, Union City, Gleason, Dresden, Bradford, Peabody, Memphis Business Academy and Hillcrest. And Memphis could have a team I don’t know about  that is challenging Memphis Business and Hillcrest. This is just a list of teams I have been following and my picks. If you have a team that is not on the list don’t take it personal because there are lots of teams that I don’t see.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

I still would take Gibson County in that second tier. They are gonna figure it out. Union City has a solid team, but outside of #10 and #23 I don't trust that anybody else can make a play, plus to be so athletic, they don't rebound it well. Bradford is solid, 3 really good players (#44, #23, and #15) but they aren't great defensively, and offensively it's ugly when #44 isn't in there, she's the key to everything they do. Gonna get a look at McKenzie's girls tonight. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, dmm88 said:

I still would take Gibson County in that second tier. They are gonna figure it out. Union City has a solid team, but outside of #10 and #23 I don't trust that anybody else can make a play, plus to be so athletic, they don't rebound it well. Bradford is solid, 3 really good players (#44, #23, and #15) but they aren't great defensively, and offensively it's ugly when #44 isn't in there, she's the key to everything they do. Gonna get a look at McKenzie's girls tonight. 

13 A is very interesting because the regular season is so critical to be a number 2 or 3 regular season seed to have a decent chance to stay out of a potential 3 seed in the District Tournament. A number 3 seed means your in Greenfield’s bracket in the region and we know what that means. Gibson County plays like they have the last two nights and stays out of foul trouble and limits TO’s they can make a good run. Still lots of ball to be played. McKenzie I feel will be in the semis of the Region and definitely in the mix. Scrappy team. Huntingdon I feel with the transfer from Clarksburg will be tough and will be a good addition to their backcourt.  

25 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Here are six of the teams that should be going  these would be my top 6 teams in the state in no particular order.  

Clark Range

Pickett County

Summertown

Loretto

Gibson County 

Greenfield

Good list. GC has to be more consistent. I think if GC can make it they will be confident and won’t be intimidated in the setting at the glass house. That can be said though for Greenfield as well and others. Summertown losing a good player and Huntingdon adding one evens them up a little bit IMO  with a slight edge to Summertown because they are playing the Region in their neck of the woods. The teams behind Greenfield are pretty good teams yow just make them all look bad with your pressure. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Gleason ends up getting hot and playing well. Well coached and have depth. 

I have seen Loretto, Summertown, Huntingdon, and McKenzie. 
Loretto is the best of the four. Summertown and Huntingdon are a coin flip. I thought Summertown was 6-10 points better but losing their guard changes that.
McKenzie did not impress me. Maybe they had a bad night when I saw them. Based on what I saw, they are not a lock to be in a region semifinal game.

14 hours ago, maddams said:

I have seen Loretto, Summertown, Huntingdon, and McKenzie. 
Loretto is the best of the four. Summertown and Huntingdon are a coin flip. I thought Summertown was 6-10 points better but losing their guard changes that.
McKenzie did not impress me. Maybe they had a bad night when I saw them. Based on what I saw, they are not a lock to be in a region semifinal game.

Bottom line is you will have a real good team in probably Huntingdon or Summertown not making it. Outside of Loretto and Summertown, I don’t know a lot about their region. Wayne County used to be tough back in the day,

Edited by pioneer42

Fillies are improving, we'll see how much Monday night at Greenfield. Fillies are a fast, long team that just got faster with our transfer. Hopefully we can cut down on our turnovers and give the Jackets a game Monday night. Greenfield press is so tough, . they are so long and quick. They destroyed a good Dresden team Friday night. Jackets might very well run the table. Looking forward to this matchup. Go Fillies