Glass House Picks in Single A

pioneer42

I have Greenfield beating whoever they play in the championship! Now who they will play will be the biggest challenge! I have seen Summertown, Gibson Co, Loretto all play this year. 

summertown is good. I love that weathers girl. She is the toughest sophomore probably in Tennessee! 

Gibson Co. is a sneaky team! They will have a lot of losses. Excellent coaching! He schedules all the best AA teams in West Tn (South Side, Dyersburg, Westview) so don’t mind the 6-8 losses! They will be battle tested! #34 is a terrible match up problem for most teams. She can post & she can shoot the tre ball. 

Loretto is the only team that hasn’t lost to Greenfield by more than double digits.  They lost to GF in a Thanksgiving tournament. It was a state tournament type of atmosphere! 

Edited by HawkGuy06

2 hours ago, wingman10 said:

Sometimes it is how you define recruiting.

Lot more risk than reward especially in rural West TN for these coaches to recruit. I would say a very small  small percentage of these kids parents are even able to move to other towns to play especially with a HS record. Lots of these kids have brothers and sisters in school too and whole family has to swap schools. And most families own property and are not willing to sell property and buy another house especially not close to their jobs. Lots of the transfers I hear about are where parents are divorced and parents live in separate towns or a divorced parent gets remarried and moves to another town. In the bigger cities like Memphis and Nashville where there are multiple schools lot easier to move. Lots of headache to move and sell. Kids that move schools and play ball has to reach out to coaches to notify them and get their approval and that is not recruiting.

Edited by pioneer42

48 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I have Greenfield beating whoever they play in the championship! Now who they will play will be the biggest challenge! I have seen Summertown, Gibson Co, Loretto all play this year. 

summertown is good. I love that weathers girl. She is the toughest sophomore probably in Tennessee! 

Gibson Co. is a sneaky team! They will have a lot of losses. Excellent coaching! He schedules all the best AA teams in West Tn (South Side, Dyersburg, Westview) so don’t mind the 6-8 losses! They will be battle tested! #34 is a terrible match up problem for most teams. She can post & she can shoot the tre ball. 

Loretto is the only team that hasn’t lost to Greenfield by more than double digits.  They lost to GF in a Thanksgiving tournament. It was a state tournament type of atmosphere! 

One thing about Coach Wilkins is he is not in it for wins and losses. I really enjoy the battles with the Westview’s, South Side’s , Dyersburg’s and Arlington’s of the world that are not in our class. The South Side games over the years is as close to replicating a boys game that I guess you will see. I know we play South Side and Dyersburg a lot with varsity and JV in the off-season and it definitely helps Gibson County and yow too.

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

One thing about Coach Wilkins is he is not in it for wins and losses. I really enjoy the battles with the Westview’s, South Side’s , Dyersburg’s and Arlington’s of the world that are not in our class. The South Side games over the years is as close to replicating a boys game that I guess you will see. I know we play South Side and Dyersburg a lot with varsity and JV in the off-season and it definitely helps Gibson County and yow too.

i agree! I am glad both coaches have mutual respect for each other. It only makes both programs much better come tournament time! Gibson County is a class act! Good luck the rest of the way? 

1 hour ago, HawkGuy06 said:

i agree! I am glad both coaches have mutual respect for each other. It only makes both programs much better come tournament time! Gibson County is a class act! Good luck the rest of the way? 

Same to South Side!! A very good program that we enjoy playing. We lose some but it helps us. South Side has had some bad luck. Might have won a Gold Ball if you didn’t lose Miller last year. That girl was a beast. Yow were loaded.

Edited by pioneer42

23 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Same to South Side!! A very good program that we enjoy playing. We lose some but it helps us. South Side has had some bad luck. Might have won a Gold Ball if you didn’t lose Miller last year. That girl was a beast. Yow were loaded.

Thanks! Yea we have had some terrible luck! We sit around and talk about the what “if’s”. I could be bias, but if we didn’t lose Miller in regions against Westview. He handle business easy and brings the gold ball back to West Tn like y’all did last year. Well then on to this year, we lose if not the best, one of the best sophomores due to a knee injury. Look out for next year though, Coach McNeal always reloads! He has them at 16-4 now with mostly all freshman & sophomores. It should be a promising season next year. Of course no more bad luck! 

There’s a pretty darn good team in 6A (I think that’s the district now) that no one is talking about, but they soon will be. Red Boiling Springs is getting better and better. I watched them earlier in the year when they played Upperman and for 2 1/2 quarters they held their own. They came within 4 points at Clarkrange the other night.  I’ve watched all 3 teams play and to me Pickett County is the more we’ll rounded team but it’s hard to pick against Clarkrange.  The twins are just too good but their post play is suspect. I look for these 3 teams to battle it out for the district tournament crown and into the semis of the region. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

28 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

There’s a pretty darn good team in 6A (I think that’s the district now) that no one is talking about, but they soon will be. Red Boiling Springs is getting better and better. I watched them earlier in the year when they played Upperman and for 2 1/2 quarters they held their own. They came within 4 points at Clarkrange the other night.  I’ve watched all 3 teams play and to me Pickett County is the more we’ll rounded team but it’s hard to pick against Clarkrange.  The twins are just too good but their post play is suspect. I look for these 3 teams to battle it out for the district tournament crown and into the semis of the region. 

I picked up on them as well. I kinda have had in my mind Clarkrange to be the best team out of that bunch with Pickett County and Red Boiling Springs battling it out and I went with Pickett County being the 2nd best in that Region.