Glass House picks for DII-A

Intense

18 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Lol...Had Kristen Goehring actually played in Saturdays game, there would have been TKA bodies laying on the floor. She was a beast back in the day at Ole Miss.

No question that "Paggs" was the MVP. Her play over the course of the semifinals and finals was simply outstanding. When she had the ball in her hands, "Paggs" was in beast mode. The Blonde Bomber did not have a great game offensively today. Nevertheless, she ran the show with her steady hand. She was taking charge on the floor with her leadership. And when it was the ultimate crunch time, The Blonde Bomber was clutch with the baseline drive. I would also like to extend congratulations to Macey Lee. While she struggled offensively over the last two days, she did what great players always do when they struggle. She kept plugging away while not dwelling on past misses. Lee also topped the 2000 point mark for her career on Saturday. Her final points gave her 2002 for her brilliant career which will now continue at Division 1 North Alabama. Intense was so spot-on with his analysis of a press. It's not always about getting the turnover early. A press is just as effective when it forces and opponent to expend energy at a rate that they do not want to. One of the unsung heroes for TCA over the last couple of days was freshman Carden Vailes. I personally think that she will do great things over the next three years for the Lady Lions. Everyone who played for TCA this weekend made an impact on delivering the gold ball to Windy City Road. Every substitute player that did not get in the game also contributed by pushing our front line players hard everyday in  practice and in preparation for Saturday. I am so proud and happy for each and every one of them. Even though I had to miss a good chunk of the second half of the season due to back injuries, this team, it's coaches, and fans made this season very enjoyable for me. I am forever grateful. I learned lessons from this team on how to face adversity. I will try to use those lessons in the struggles that I will face in the very near future with major back surgery.

This 2019/2020 basketball season was one heck of a ride!

Class act Reitz. You are so right about the entire team contributing to the success of this (and all other) incarnations of year to year athletics. Without the enthusiasm and persistence of the role players, no team will ever reach their potential... not to mention that they practice just as long and as hard as those introduced before every game, without the presumption of recognition or glory. I'm also happy to see that you expressed your gratitude to these young ladies... most fans think that the players are indifferent to them, and most players don't really understand how proud of someone else's kids us old geezers can be just for their effort and grit.

Best of circumstances to you on your upcoming ordeal. Remember that prayers and persistence will get you where you want to be... I know that you'll persist, so I'll just help with the other part!

Today was a celebration today for the state champs. Just like Reitz pointed out on how it was a complete team accomplishment it was shown today in a ceremonial cutting down of the nets. My favorite moment is how the young ladies who are team managers each had their moment to climb the ladder and cut their own piece of the net. The players included these ladies as one of their own. That is an example of what TCA is about. We know God has created each one of us different and with different gifts. And when we choose to use Gods gifts the way He intended then great things can happen for His glory. I know I can Get on here and shake a few bushes but I know how Jesus has saved me and loves me even though I am Sinful and imperfect. The game is really a back seat to what God intends but He used it this time to show His glory through our little school. Congrats to the players the coaches the managers for a job well done. I am Proud to say I am A Lion!!!

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Today was a celebration today for the state champs. Just like Reitz pointed out on how it was a complete team accomplishment it was shown today in a ceremonial cutting down of the nets. My favorite moment is how the young ladies who are team managers each had their moment to climb the ladder and cut their own piece of the net. The players included these ladies as one of their own. That is an example of what TCA is about. We know God has created each one of us different and with different gifts. And when we choose to use Gods gifts the way He intended then great things can happen for His glory. I know I can Get on here and shake a few bushes but I know how Jesus has saved me and loves me even though I am Sinful and imperfect. The game is really a back seat to what God intends but He used it this time to show His glory through our little school. Congrats to the players the coaches the managers for a job well done. I am Proud to say I am A Lion!!!

Good post brother!! I text the coach last night and told him how happy I was for these girls and coaches. I seen Sally yesterday do an in and out and took the girl to the rim late in the game. Brought back old memories from Union when my neice and her were doing lessons together at Union on their own time. I watched Alyssa Goehring all summer and her sister and Macey Lee and have watched them for years in the off-season work hard on their own time. I could feel the good Lord working in those two games this weekend. 2 Timothy 2:6 I think is the verse where it says the farmer who works his crop the hardest will have the best fruits. These girls got their fruits yesterday and they earned it because I have watched them for years plow their fields and I love to see a plan come together through hard work. Very proud of TCA for bringing the Gold Ball back!! The players, coaches and fans deserve it. 

Edited by pioneer42
  • Thanks 1

Ok Basement dwellers.  I'm back.  1)I have a job can't sit on here like you guys can. 2)have AAU practice which actually gets kids to college.   Congrats TCA.    Which must stand for Tissues we Cry Alot.     Any way.  I have had 20+ kids get scholorships.    You guys are not brutal.   you guys just like pumping each other up because well what else is there to do for you.   Any way. these girls all played for me and got full rides..  why not look up Alyssa Walker.  made all freshman team this year at Western Carolina.     Lexi Campos my daughter. Eastern Kentucky now at Kings.  Taylor goforth Abby Wilson. Carson Newman.  Lindsey Roddy.. Lee.   Sophie Henry. trevecca.   Faith simmons and Destiny Kasner.  Bryan.    i can keep going.   oh Jennifer Sullivan played as a freshman for me last year and has 9 Div 1 offers including Tenn Tech Furman UTC Murray State.   Belmont.   So i think i may know a little more basketball than you do.  whether Kings won a state title or not.   So when you guys get done feeding the goats in the backyard and doing chores for your live in parents.    We can discuss whatever you like.   But on my teams right now.   i have probably 15 kids that will get scholorships.   and my 8th grade probably could beat your HS team.  lol.    

Edited by etnhoops

Hahahahha. This guy again.  Man someone must not have gotten a hug when he was a kid. Or maybe he didn’t get a trophy when younger.  Dude you get on here to toot your own horn. No one on here is impressed with you. Get over yourself. It’s a laugh.  But guess what?  TCA still beat your AAU team. 

On 3/7/2020 at 11:47 PM, Intense said:

I want to try to get back on topic for a moment and give more kudos to Kings Academy.  First of all, their post players were much better than I thought.  I’m super impressed with #23 who is only an 8th grader.  She is going to be really really good in the next two to three years.  Burgess is also an outstanding player that is very crafty with the ball and can shoot the three.  She ended up being their leading scorer today according to TSSAA stats.  I’ve already said quite a lot about Sullivan but certainly could say more because she is an unreal talent.  What a lot of people don’t realize is that TKA’s legs were worn down in the second half from all the pressure.  TKA did turn it over but not necessarily a lot but they had to work hard breaking the presses and traps which eventually caused them to shoot a much lower percentage in the second half and made some mistakes they might not otherwise make due to fatigue.  The goal with pressing isn’t always turnovers.  Fatigue and quick shots are just as important as turnovers when pressing.  TCA wisely used their freshmen to pressure TKA’s top guards and their Seniors then stepped up and got it done.  Also, kudos to #1 for TKA.  She had a great game and really hurt TCA as they were focusing on the other 2 guards.  Good luck to TKA next year.  I will be shocked if they aren’t playing for a gold ball next year.  

Now this is quality content.   Very nice and well said.   And nothing but good will towards you.   Congrats 

10 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Hahahahha. This guy again.  Man someone must not have gotten a hug when he was a kid. Or maybe he didn’t get a trophy when younger.  Dude you get on here to toot your own horn. No one on here is impressed with you. Get over yourself. It’s a laugh.  But guess what?  TCA still beat your AAU team. 

Ill bet you 3000 dollars and you pick the venue.  Ill give you 15 points too.  lol.  My AAU team has multiple div 1 players and our Post is 1 of the best in Kentucky and 6'3 .   Ill take that bet