2020 Marion County Warriors Lead By The Legendary Dale Pruitt! AIGHT!

MarionMadness

On 2/12/2020 at 12:23 AM, CaptainJackRackam said:

Jasper is all excited and hey let them have it. Hired a coach that’s 2-0 against SP! 
 IMO, until the talent level improves, he will lose the games he should lose and win the ones they should win. Could be a surprise win mixed in but it won’t be SP! 
He’s good at getting boys out of the hallways and on the field, couple yrs he may have them competitive again!

Dont know alot about the new coach, but I'm sure this is a spot on assessment. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Dont know alot about the new coach, but I'm sure this is a spot on assessment. 

I wonder if Jasper hires Coach Pruitt this time around if his son Jeremy wasn't the head coach at UT?  No disrespect to Dale but some folks might wonder. 

I remember Old Pirate bringing up Dale's name as a hire for Jasper several years back but that name got shot down fairly quickly.

1 hour ago, sportman said:

Jasper had 2-3 guys that could have had playing time with the first unit of most schools in the Valley, but beyond that most would not have seen the field. Just being totally honest.  They will be better this year but Coach Pruitt has an uphill battle, just like at Dade. 

Jasper is better than Dade on Jasper's worst year and Dade's best. Except for that 3 year Whitwell blip, Dade is on par with Whitwell.  I am surprised Dade doesn't try to play LV every year given the proximity.  They should have them and North Sand Mtn on the schedule every year.

Edited by rlh

2 hours ago, rlh said:

Jasper is better than Dade on Jasper's worst year and Dade's best. Except for that 3 year Whitwell blip, Dade is on par with Whitwell.  I am surprised Dade doesn't try to play LV every year given the proximity.  They should have them and North Sand Mtn on the schedule every year.

Dade did beat them pretty bad in a scrimmage last year .

3 hours ago, sportman said:

Dade did beat them pretty bad in a scrimmage last year .

Dade shouldn't have been 2 - 8 but they were.  They lost a close game to North Sand Mtn who could arguable been the 3rd best team in Alabama 2a in 2019.  They lost twice to Collinsville (2nd time in 3rd round) and Fyffe the eventual 2a champion.  NSM is there biggest historical rival.  This past year was one of the worst Jasper teams that I ever recall except maybe the one that last to Lookout Valley and Copper Basin the same regular season. However, a scrimmage is one thing and game is another.

Edited by rlh

18 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I wonder if Jasper hires Coach Pruitt this time around if his son Jeremy wasn't the head coach at UT?  No disrespect to Dale but some folks might wonder. 

I remember Old Pirate bringing up Dale's name as a hire for Jasper several years back but that name got shot down fairly quickly.

I’d say that had to be a favored option to come with his hiring. Dale has the enthusiasm to get kids playing that would normally be walking the track on Friday nights. He’s a proven winning coach! I can remember the yr he left Jasper that some of his old players visited him at his new job. He left an incredible impact on them. 
 Jasper had a rough next couple yrs till TB took over. One good year and one mediocre then he was out! RR two and out then Mathis has a run then leaves! 
Dales return has sparked excitement but I see it taking a couple yrs to have Jasper competing with teams they should be competing with.

Edited by CaptainJackRackam