Loretto/Summertown

Brazier

19 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Wonder where Loretto be w/o Weathers ( not wishing that on anybody ) love to watch her play - Summertown mentality next player up 

Loretto fan here...

Summertown is tough...  and will be tough for anyone, including Greenfield.  Your girls should be very proud...  down by 21 in hostile surroundings, and had every chance to win at the end.  Very impressive.  #24 needs to get the ball more.  #10 is who I'm most impressed by..  never gets rattled, always looks calm.. she's an absolute player..  but to be honest, All 5 on Summertown can dribble under pressure.  That's where they differ with Loretto.  Some of our girls get rattled under pressure.  So to your response.  We would definitely not be a top 5 team without KW.  She is our difference maker. 

On a side note.  The officiating was outrageously bad tonight on both sides.  

Summertown was down 21 in 2nd quarter and made a great run to end the half down 10.  Summertown came out the 3rd the way the ended the half and got it tied up within the first 2 minutes.  Summertown took the lead in the 3rd, but Weathers hit a 3 at the buzzer to tie it up.  Loretto jumped out  to a 9 point lead, but to Summertown's credit they fought back and it went to the end with Loretto winning.  This game is no different than last years games, it is a dog fight.  I expect the same moving forward.  I don't think anyone wants to catch either team in tournament play.

Gotta give both teams a lot of props. 

1st Summertown showed what they're all abt by bustin their tails after a terrible start and pushing that game to a last second shot 

2nd Loretto came out ready to play and hit us in the mouth!  Endend up losing the big lead but a lesser team would've fell apart and Loretto didn't!   

District tournament in 2 weeks may kill me.......

6 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Will be interesting to see how it all works out. Lot of good teams. Whoever gets hot and plays with poise will survive. Huntingdon and McKenzie will be In the mix for sure. Will be lots of dogfights coming up in a few weeks.

100% agree. I ain't happy that the region is in middle Tennessee this year instead of bethel.   Rather have homecourt advantage lol. Huntingdon can be a dangerous team. Swenson I think is one of the most underrated players in our area. She could get some minutes at a NAIA or D2 school.

6 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Did you see the Greenfield game?  The game ended up 88-59 and Greenfield could have scored 100 if they hadn’t substituted in 3 qtr.  I was thinking our Loretto game was closer But I guess you are right when you said the closest any single A team in west Tennessee. 

McNeil and Darby both played the last 5 minutes after the Fillies had cut the lead to 20

6 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Did you see the Greenfield game?  The game ended up 88-59 and Greenfield could have scored 100 if they hadn’t substituted in 3 qtr.  I was thinking our Loretto game was closer But I guess you are right when you said the closest any single A team in west Tennessee. 

Yes I was there. A lot of McKenzie people went because we didn't have a game that night. Huntingdon cut the lead to 12 or 13 points in the 3rd but trevathan put Tess and Chloe back in so Greenfield could get their big lead back. We haven't seen somebody put 59 points on the jackets this year and the fillies did it. If Huntingdon didn't take a couple of bad shots and turn the ball over in the second quarter, the game would have been closer.

3 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

100% agree. I ain't happy that the region is in middle Tennessee this year instead of bethel.   Rather have homecourt advantage lol. Huntingdon can be a dangerous team. Swenson I think is one of the most underrated players in our area. She could get some minutes at a NAIA or D2 school.

3 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

McNeil and Darby both played the last 5 minutes after the Fillies had cut the lead to 20

I think you boys got ur threads mixed up......

Great game!! What a WAR! Had my doubts that I had wasted a long trip east early as it looked like a blow out, but man what a game. Loretto blew an early 20+ point lead then battled from behind to get a huge win. Loretto’s bench play was huge down the stretch! #20 nailed a huge 3 and knocked down free throws late to seal it. Summertown showed me a lot of grit and heart to battle back to take the lead but just couldn’t hold on. They are a good team missing a great player to ACL injury. They are capable of beating any team in class A, but it will be very difficult for them to run the table in Murfreesboro with just a 6 player rotation. IMO. Best of luck to Loretto and Summertown going into tournament time!!