A Glass House Predictions

mas1821

5 hours ago, Dunc4265 said:

Region 6 was held at Bethel last year. This year Region 6 should be held by District 12 (Loretto, Summertown, Perry County, Wayne County, Collinwood, or Frank Hughes)  

McKenzie and Loretto are definitely the favorites out of this Region and should have no issues with Region 5 in the Sectionals. 

I've heard stories that McKenzie's district has been dead set on not traveling to district 12 for the Region Tournament.  I'm not sure the validity of this statement, nor what choice they would have, but the region most definitely should be in district 12 this year..  and I agree with your statement on McKenzie/Loretto making it out of that region. 

I've heard it is being held at Wayne Co. High School.  District 12 wanted to host it on the Alabama line but TSSAA told them they had to use a central location for all schools.  I believe either Wayne Co. or Perry Co. was what was chosen if I'm not mistaken.  District 11 has no choice but to travel, I assume.  I would hope they would be excited to travel because that means they're still playing haha. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, thebenchwarmer said:

I've heard it is being held at Wayne Co. High School.  District 12 wanted to host it on the Alabama line but TSSAA told them they had to use a central location for all schools.  I believe either Wayne Co. or Perry Co. was what was chosen if I'm not mistaken.  District 11 has no choice but to travel, I assume.  I would hope they would be excited to travel because that means they're still playing haha. 

Exactly!

4 hours ago, thebenchwarmer said:

Well if I was a team around in West Tn, I wouldn’t won’t to travel to no darn Wayne Co. 

On 2/11/2020 at 11:43 AM, mas1821 said:

I've heard stories that McKenzie's district has been dead set on not traveling to district 12 for the Region Tournament.  I'm not sure the validity of this statement, nor what choice they would have, but the region most definitely should be in district 12 this year..  and I agree with your statement on McKenzie/Loretto making it out of that region. 

We know our district has to come that way for region.  No validity on "McKenzie's district being dead set on not traveling".  We know its 12's turn to host. Now if for some reason our side sweeps (highly unlikely), the championships will move back over here. That happened to us a few years ago with UC and Trenton (I believe that is who it was ) sweeping in Bethel's gym and they moved it back to their courts. 

On 2/11/2020 at 11:43 AM, mas1821 said:

And honestly, it's ridiculous they have the regions drawn that way where you have either side having to travel 2 plus hours during the week.  A sub-state I could see but not region.