I’ll Say It

eastten

On 2/14/2020 at 11:11 AM, AllVolHere said:

Coach Bowman has brought those girls along way in one season. With Taylor back they could be a sleeper and upset in district if they play team ball. Thought the Scotts Hill and Chester County games were good too. Got robbed at SH with the refs IMO. Ltown got a lot of potential if they can work on their fundamentals. Like you said to many unforced turnovers

SH over Lexington again tonight by 18, making it a season sweep. Matchups win/lose more games than the refs.

I actually thought that Bowman did a great job against us at SH on the 13'th to keep it close, but you can't lay all your cards on the table against Coach Chandler and expect it to work the next week.

This is sad, but social media has a few posts calling for the HC's job at Lexington after tonight's loss... hope that cooler heads realize that she's done a pretty good job with everything that's transpired and what she's had to work with this season, and that some of the best coaches didn't win right out of the gate.

Edited by tradertwo

17 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

SH over Lexington again tonight by 18, making it a season sweep. Matchups win/lose more games than the refs.

I actually thought that Bowman did a great job against us at SH on the 13'th to keep it close, but you can't lay all your cards on the table against Coach Chandler and expect it to work the next week.

This is sad, but social media has a few posts calling for the HC's job at Lexington after tonight's loss... hope that cooler heads realize that she's done a pretty good job with everything that's transpired and what she's had to work with this season, and that some of the best coaches didn't win right out of the gate.

Agree. Not having a solid PG is a killer for them. Blaize just picked them apart and there was no recovering. Yeah i think Coach Bowman is doing a Really good job with the lack of fundamentally sound talent and dealing with the drama of some parents. i see why the other coach jumped ship. SH looks to be peaking at a good time. Look better every game.

3 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

Agree. Not having a solid PG is a killer for them. Blaize just picked them apart and there was no recovering. Yeah i think Coach Bowman is doing a Really good job with the lack of fundamentally sound talent and dealing with the drama of some parents. i see why the other coach jumped ship. SH looks to be peaking at a good time. Look better every game.

We've got a hard row to hoe. Coach Chandler does a good job in masking our deficiencies and using our assets, but you can't imitate size. There are a couple of teams in front of our Lions that will take an almost perfect game to handle... on to the next one.

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I heard it was some of Lexington’s fans that ran Coach Bianca off last year. She had them(Lexington) headed in the right direction. I also heard that her husband took a job in middle Tennessee 

42 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I heard it was some of Lexington’s fans that ran Coach Bianca off last year. She had them(Lexington) headed in the right direction. I also heard that her husband took a job in middle Tennessee 

I think her husband got the job after she got hers and yea I heard Lexington gives their coaches heck. 

6 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

You can't please all the people all the time, but they probably supported Coach Bianca more than any coach there. I definitely heard less chatter about her than any other from the fans, but she was courted pretty heavily by other schools the entire time she was there... guess she finally got an offer that she couldn't turn down.

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

You can't please all the people all the time, but they probably supported Coach Bianca more than any coach there. I definitely heard less chatter about her than any other from the fans, but she was courted pretty heavily by other schools the entire time she was there... guess she finally got an offer that she couldn't turn down.

Yea I hear she with a team with talent! Not sure of the name of the school, but she was very happy to have some talent. I will have to find out what team she is coaching for. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Shelby Bowman is a good coach. If Lexington will give her some time, she will get it done. Can’t win without talent and you can’t win if basketball has been a back seat sport.

Agree! Their feeder schools are awful. They just let anyone coach at all the elementary. Some of them never played a sport in school. They don't teach kids any fundamentals - then those kids get to high school and it is the first year HS coach’s fault they can’t dribble or make a layup without walking. They all about softball in Lexington but will see how that goes now with all the controversy with that. It will get better under Bowman but did their fans really think they had a shot at state or something with that team? If so Bianca would not have left.....

13 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

Agree! Their feeder schools are awful. They just let anyone coach at all the elementary. Some of them never played a sport in school. They don't teach kids any fundamentals - then those kids get to high school and it is the first year HS coach’s fault they can’t dribble or make a layup without walking. They all about softball in Lexington but will see how that goes now with all the controversy with that. It will get better under Bowman but did their fans really think they had a shot at state or something with that team? If so Bianca would not have left.....

Shelby has been in the Union Family a while. She influenced a lot of kids every where. GC has an excellent coach but she would be welcomed with open arms if she was at GC.