Who will be new coach at Shelbyville??

District12AA

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

That's a common reaction I think, and understandable, based off his win-loss record the last four years. There is definitely more to it than most people know, however if a school wants to hire him then they have that absolute right. By the way, wouldn't you agree how special this senior class was the last four years?! I mean, beyond awesome with a ton of special players!

Oh, absolutely they were special.   I don't think Shelbyville have ever been better up front.    I think we do know each other, do we not?

1 hour ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Oh, absolutely they were special.   I don't think Shelbyville have ever been better up front.    I think we do know each other, do we not?

Oh absolutely we do! I'm not saying Palmer is a bad coach by any means btw...he was just extremely blessed with a generational-type class that would have been very successful no matter who the coach was. That's just the truth. With their schedule coming up and the guys he lost, we would have found out much more in the next few years. However, that was obviously not meant to be.

3 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

That's a common reaction I think, and understandable, based off his win-loss record the last four years. There is definitely more to it than most people know, however if a school wants to hire him then they have that absolute right. By the way, wouldn't you agree how special this senior class was the last four years?! I mean, beyond awesome with a ton of special players!

How many seniors in that class?  How many senior lineman?  I know of Gary and he was great but how many more?

22 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

Oh absolutely we do! I'm not saying Palmer is a bad coach by any means btw...he was just extremely blessed with a generational-type class that would have been very successful no matter who the coach was. That's just the truth. With their schedule coming up and the guys he lost, we would have found out much more in the next few years. However, that was obviously not meant to be.

Feeder schools have been way down the last couple of years.

On 3/6/2020 at 8:17 PM, BooWhoWiseMan said:

I know he got in to an altercation with the AP after one of the games.  However I feel as though the AP should not have approached him at that time.  There was apparently something about the new field house they built that he didn't follow the proper procedures but that is totally second hand info.

As far as the new coach I think it is safe to say it will not be someone on staff.  I also heard that O'Connor has applied as has Walt Smith who I personally think would be a good hire.  

If David O'Connor applied for the Shelbyville opening they should strongly consider hiring him.  

2 hours ago, ecu said:

Feeder schools have been way down the last couple of years.

I agree completely. I will say Harris football had some definite talent, but the coaching and game management was not very good. On the other hand, the grade school level (pee wee) teams have been nearly unbeatable from what I've heard, so that's a lot of talent to look forward to in future years.

18 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Never been a head coach! Has a major temper problem! Completely trashed the program and administration 4 years ago on social media when he didn’t get the job! That’s three reasons...just to name a few. Much better candidates in play than him I’m sure.

Was Palmer who they hired instead of him?  If that's the case then he definitely looks golden to them today.