Who will be new coach at Shelbyville??

District12AA

21 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

Not necessarily...no. Most people don’t know the extent of everything....they just know of one personal issue that is public knowledge. Sorry, I just can’t expound on it any....just not right to put everything out there.

I am curious why you won't say anything and yet you posted on the 1A site about him and the whitwell job and on here as well. Did he do you wrong? Because if you're on a social crusade I would think you would be very clear what he did and put your name with it...  parents need to know if their coach is a bad person. Coaches are huge mentors.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, djslayer said:

I am curious why you won't say anything and yet you posted on the 1A site about him and the whitwell job and on here as well. Did he do you wrong? Because if you're on a social crusade I would think you would be very clear what he did and put your name with it...  parents need to know if their coach is a bad person. Coaches are huge mentors.

I said nothing on the Whitwell thread that I haven’t said in here. It was both personal and professional, and that’s about all that needs to be said on here. It’s wrong to air dirty laundry in a public form like this. And, no, he never did anything to me whatsoever. I have my opinions on him as person, mentor, example, and leader of course. But I’m not going to go into specifics on here...I would never do that. 

I agree, earlier on this thread you said you had no beef with him but glad he was  gone. Then you went on the whitwell thread and said the same unclear reply...so that means you are not concerned about shelbyville but rather anywhere palmer may land...I care because he could make a difference in my son's life but if he is really bad, then I wanna know. So step up or shut up on him...

13 minutes ago, djslayer said:

I agree, earlier on this thread you said you had no beef with him but glad he was  gone. Then you went on the whitwell thread and said the same unclear reply...so that means you are not concerned about shelbyville but rather anywhere palmer may land...I care because he could make a difference in my son's life but if he is really bad, then I wanna know. So step up or shut up on him...

I am concerned about Shelbyville. If someone wants to hire him, so be it. It’s not place to tell them what to do. That’s not my job. My opinion is it’s their call. They will research him and make their decision. Why would I come on here and tell them what to do or what I would do? I am in no place to do that. 

1 minute ago, sportsguy22 said:

I am concerned about Shelbyville. If someone wants to hire him, so be it. It’s not place to tell them what to do. That’s not my job. My opinion is it’s their call. They will research him and make their decision. Why would I come on here and tell them what to do or what I would do? I am in no place to do that. 

So what is your research? You obviously know. You have made posts on threads that are against him so what is his crimes? Many communities need to know. If you were only concerned about shelbyville, then why did you post on the whitwell thread? I ask because I care about our town...

Some would so it is more wrong to make vague accusations for people use their imaginations. 

Here is the trust about Palmer. He is a heck of a coach and his players love him.  He puts them first and works hard to sell those kids to colleges.  He was offered the Siege job and the businesses in Shelbyville came to him and offered him money to stay.  Called it speaking engagements which there is nothing wrong with that.  He did butt heads with admin because he wanted a better teaching schedule but every coach in state wants that.  If Whitwell gets Palmer which they won't but if they did they will Ben extremely happy.  

14 hours ago, djslayer said:

So what is your research? You obviously know. You have made posts on threads that are against him so what is his crimes? Many communities need to know. If you were only concerned about shelbyville, then why did you post on the whitwell thread? I ask because I care about our town...

On here is not the place to go over all the “misdeeds”. It’s just not. I feel strongly about that. I understand the want/need to know all the specific details and issues, but it’s not my place to air them on here. Hope you respect that. I think Palmer is a good coach by the way. Great? Time will tell. The Shelbyville program was very blessed with an extremely talented senior class this past year! Probably the best class ever at that school. So, if he remained, we would have seen eventually if he was a great coach with all that talent lost at the same time. He had a good staff, and a great offseason program. Unfortunately, beyond just the program itself, there were things that forced the hands of the administration. It’s just the facts. It happens all the time in many levels of athletics. An 11-2 program and a state quarterfinal participant would never dismiss a head coach otherwise obviously. 

On 3/8/2020 at 10:07 AM, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Some would so it is more wrong to make vague accusations for people use their imaginations. 

Here is the trust about Palmer. He is a heck of a coach and his players love him.  He puts them first and works hard to sell those kids to colleges.  He was offered the Siege job and the businesses in Shelbyville came to him and offered him money to stay.  Called it speaking engagements which there is nothing wrong with that.  He did butt heads with admin because he wanted a better teaching schedule but every coach in state wants that.  If Whitwell gets Palmer which they won't but if they did they will Ben extremely happy.  

Thanks for the honesty...great post.

32 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

I'm sure I don't know all the details as Sportsguy does, but what I heard for the reason of dismissal wouldn't scare me away from hiring him.   Obviously, there may be some stuff I'm unaware of.

That's a common reaction I think, and understandable, based off his win-loss record the last four years. There is definitely more to it than most people know, however if a school wants to hire him then they have that absolute right. By the way, wouldn't you agree how special this senior class was the last four years?! I mean, beyond awesome with a ton of special players!