Who will be new coach at Shelbyville??

District12AA

40 minutes ago, 422PT said:

Not at all what i am saying. The Coach and Teacher should be held to board standards, not your thoughts as a parent what the standards should be ..... you made my point for me when you "so we just let them......"

Unless you are a Principal it is not your decision.  You don't sign the paycheck so you have no input.

All I am saying is let the Principal do their job of following and enforcing school board policy.

And why don't you enlighten the rest of us as to what actually happened - then maybe I will see and understand what you are saying. Not that it matters what any of us think (unless one of us is the Principal that let him go)

I'm not a parent of a student personally, so I'm independent of all that. Parents should not have an input. It is absolutely up to the principal, school board, and administration. Under no circumstances, however, would I come on here and air a bunch of dirty laundry. That would be wrong. It's confidential stuff to say the least.

1 hour ago, ecu said:

He was not fired from his teaching position, just the football job. When you are getting paid extra by a local business for the "good" you are doing in the community, you are held to a higher standard. Hard to get on this forum and state what actually happened. 

Understood ... Sure don't want to cause more damage to the guy. I think it is unfortunate when local businesses expect say so in regards to keeping / firing a coach in return for their contributions. That takes the power away from the admin which is where it is supposed to be.

In my opinion, if the offense was not enough to cost you a teaching job, then it should NOT cost you the coaching job (provided you are winning as much as you should based on talent).

That is what I mean by unfair expectations. If it did not violate board policy then it should not be a fireable offense. 

1 hour ago, 422PT said:

Understood ... Sure don't want to cause more damage to the guy. I think it is unfortunate when local businesses expect say so in regards to keeping / firing a coach in return for their contributions. That takes the power away from the admin which is where it is supposed to be.

In my opinion, if the offense was not enough to cost you a teaching job, then it should NOT cost you the coaching job (provided you are winning as much as you should based on talent).

That is what I mean by unfair expectations. If it did not violate board policy then it should not be a fireable offense. 

It's a contract thing. He was under contract only through the end of the school year and that's it. They decided to not renew and, thus, search for a new coach. Easy decision. All the issues that happened gives them plenty of reason to move into a new direction.

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

It's a contract thing. He was under c ontract only through the end of the school year and that's it. They decided to not renew and, thus, search for a new coach. Easy decision. All the issues that happened gives them plenty of reason to move into a new direction.

He is now teaching at an elementary school in Shelbyville. Find it strange that he was fired for an offense which other teachers have done and kept their jobs. Agree with another poster that the principal has every right to get rid of him if he feels that  the situation was too negative.

8 minutes ago, ecu said:

He is now teaching at an elementary school in Shelbyville. Find it strange that he was fired for an offense which other teachers have done and kept their jobs. Agree with another poster that the principal has every right to get rid of him if he feels that  the situation was too negative.

It wasn’t just one offense. Unfortunately, there was some misinformation put out that it was just one thing and that was it. It was many things that led to the final decision. The final issue sealed that finality. It was not just personal either.

49 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

It wasn’t just one offense. Unfortunately, there was some misinformation put out that it was just one thing and that was it. It was many things that led to the final decision. The final issue sealed that finality. It was not just personal either.

What was the non-personal issue?

I know he got in to an altercation with the AP after one of the games.  However I feel as though the AP should not have approached him at that time.  There was apparently something about the new field house they built that he didn't follow the proper procedures but that is totally second hand info.

As far as the new coach I think it is safe to say it will not be someone on staff.  I also heard that OConnor has applied as has Walt Smith who I personally think would be a good hire.  

2 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Is it common knowledge what caused his firing in Shelbyville? 

Not necessarily...no. Most people don’t know the extent of everything....they just know of one personal issue that is public knowledge. Sorry, I just can’t expound on it any....just not right to put everything out there.