AA State Tourney Predictions

Jokur

40 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

We are not that huge lol but I know a couple things that separates us from most is we have a starting 5 on the bench and 1-5 can bring the ball up the court and shoot. From what I understand briarcrest is one of Memphis best teams? We lost but it went down to the wire.

Briarcrest is nowhere near the best team in Memphis, but I get what you mean. Briarcrest has one of the smartest coaches, and one of the best players in Kennedy Chandler. Chandler can go anywhere in the United States to play college ball as a junior! So what do y’all do well? 

1 hour ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I seen them play 2 times & I ain’t see no 6’7 nowhere, but ok 

Johnathan is 6'7 leading the city in scoring and averaging 12 rebs a game, Jalen Brown, a guard is 6'4 and Coland I believe is his name, is 6'6. Their not overly big but they are good, very good.  Can beat anyone including your mighty Southside team who can't lose lol. Seriously though, I wouldn't be to quick to overlook that team and after a pic that I saw of Southside, they match up well with them, their not big either.

2 hours ago, Jokur said:

Disagree. Covington is 5 deep and that's it and their 5 aren't on that level.

I ain’t high on Covington either, but I seen Wooddale multiple times. Never seen anyone taller than Lawson. Never seen how they was was putting up 80 points a game. All I seen was ppl scared of Lawson last name and what his brothers did! He a clean up man. 

2 hours ago, Jokur said:

Disagree. Covington is 5 deep and that's it and their 5 aren't on that level.

18 minutes ago, SayWhat said:

Johnathan is 6'7 leading the city in scoring and averaging 12 rebs a game, Jalen Brown, a guard is 6'4 and Coland I believe is his name, is 6'6. Their not overly big but they are good, very good.  Can beat anyone including your mighty Southside team who can't lose lol. Seriously though, I wouldn't be to quick to overlook that team and after a pic that I saw of Southside, they match up well with them, their not big either.

No way Lawson is realistic 6’7( maybe on paper) he definitely isn’t! Who ever said that we can’t lose? I never look over anyone! I give my honest opinion based off what I see with my own 2 eyes! We shall see if both teams keep winning! What team are you affiliated with? 

I'm team Memphis, I'm a proponent of any team from Memphis. I support my city. I've seen Southside too, actually against Bolivar back in December. I came away thinking they not bad but not that team everyone kept saying was so dominant. Probably should have lost game honestly, kid missed some free throws with dreads for yall and Bolivar turned it over at the end on a travel but yall begged them to take that game, they just couldn't. I think Wooddale guards are a little bit better than Bolivar, wouldn't you say? Especially when Lawson plays point and Brown is at the 2 spot or vice versa? If you have seen Wooddale, you know Lawson does play inside right? You said early he did

Obviously a 30 second clip doesn't tell you much. I would love to see Community and Upperman play. Upperman starts one 6'6" and one 6"4" and has another 6' 4" on the bench. They have really good guards and shoot the 3 pretty well. They have three opponents in common Forest, Red boiling springs and Warren county. In those 4 games Community scored 286 and gave up 201. Upperman scored 289 and gave up 153. Community played Forest twice and Upperman played Warren county twice. Just a reference I have no idea if all players were healthy during those 4 games just a snap shot against common competition. 

4 hours ago, SayWhat said:

I'm team Memphis, I'm a proponent of any team from Memphis. I support my city. I've seen Southside too, actually against Bolivar back in December. I came away thinking they not bad but not that team everyone kept saying was so dominant. Probably should have lost game honestly, kid missed some free throws with dreads for yall and Bolivar turned it over at the end on a travel but yall begged them to take that game, they just couldn't. I think Wooddale guards are a little bit better than Bolivar, wouldn't you say? Especially when Lawson plays point and Brown is at the 2 spot or vice versa? If you have seen Wooddale, you know Lawson does play inside right? You said early he did

Yea we didn’t play well that game or Haywood game. We then came back after I think only beating both teams by 7, 2nd go around we won by 25 in Bolivar & 15 or so in Haywood. I disagree on the guards, I think Bolivar has better guards! I have never seen him inside on offense. He only shot 3’s or a wide open layup. He is a junk player, if his teammates Miss he will clean you up on the offense rebound if you don’t box him out.