TSSAA needs to give shared titles to teams

pioneer42

9 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

I would Be very disappointed. That’s the competitiveness in me. Heck look at some of my post. But I also Know that I have To take the emotion out sometimes to teach my 3 sons what life will be so that they don’t get blindsided. I know You are disappointed because your niece plays for GC. And I understand. But do you think when she is older and kids of her own she will break out the state championship ring and tell them how awesome it was that they were given the state championship along with 4 other teams were state champs. No she won’t. She will be teaching her kids those life lessons. Just my thoughts and opinion. And I know Most people don’t agree. But that is kind of why society is the was it is now. I am Sorry your niece won’t get a chance to COMPETE to WIN a state championship. 

I appreciate it!! She is mentally tough!! So hard to get there!! TN got credit for an SEC East Title in 2003 I believe along with Georgia and Florida and didn’t win the tiebreaker in football but got recognized. Not about championship rings but recognition that they were not eliminated and need to be recognized some how, IMO. I am very proud this team didn’t go out losers with all the injuries it suffered. My neice was out 3 months after a broke foot in August. Macey tore her ACL and GC come back fighting. Very proud of their resilience. Very proud of TCA!! I actually cried for them girls watching it!! Love seeing success stories with girls that have worked hard!! I would rather play and lose it than have it end like this!! 

1 minute ago, TryNotToSuck said:

They give out 9

No I believe They played 9 games. Did not say it wasnt watered down. Because it is. But the system determined 9 classes. Heck I liked Playing in D1 and we never won a title. But the public’s felt we had to much of an advantage. You know that goes along with let’s GIVE everyone a trophy. 

1 minute ago, BigEdMo said:

No I believe They played 9 games. Did not say it wasnt watered down. Because it is. But the system determined 9 classes. Heck I liked Playing in D1 and we never won a title. But the public’s felt we had to much of an advantage. You know that goes along with let’s GIVE everyone a trophy. 

These kids are in the Final Four. It ain’t like they would be giving All-Tournament Trophies to every player.

2 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Wrong they did not give 9. Come on now don’t jump on that when you want 4 trophy’s now. 

We didn’t stop the tournament and quit playing. Played two days and got exposed and then cancelled it. Already exposed. We could have signed liability forms the way they were sending affidavits. We were half way through it. 

4 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

These kids are in the Final Four. It ain’t like they would be giving All-Tournament Trophies to every player.

I feel For you but it is emotions. And understandably. But they should be RECOGNIZED as final four after being the defending championship winner from the previous year. 

1 minute ago, BigEdMo said:

I feel For you but it is emotions. And understandably. But they should be RECOGNIZED as final four after being the defending championship winner from the previous year. 

If the TSSAA decided to recognize the four teams like that I wouldn’t mind it.