No Cancellation

mas1821

On 3/17/2020 at 2:47 PM, mas1821 said:

State Tournaments are not canceled. TSSAA working with CDC, TN health and the governor of TN. Could be may 11th week...that is not definite. They are working to let us finish!

•  
  •  

To quote the greatest Man to ever walk the Earth, "It is finished!"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BullShark said:

To quote the greatest Man to ever walk the Earth, "It is finished!"

14 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

And i guess that Santa the Easter Bunny and the tooth fairy is real also. 

Very happy at what GC did this year regardless if they play or not. Hate it may be over, but we have been blessed. Lost a very good player at the end of regular season and every one picked their game up. Kacey Sweat is the MVP of GC, IMO. She handled the ball to perfection and was very aggressive on both sides of the ball and really played fabulous. All of them played well but she handled the pressure to perfection.

All These students especially seniors are losing lots by not being in school from postponing of these long awaited tournament games, proms, spring sports practices games, AAU, band functions, soccer, for seniors last days of class time fellowship time memories, Senior functions, etc etc and could go on and on and possibly graduation... I like the positive hope TSSAA is giving these student athletes and I’m still believing for these girls and boys to get to finish what they’ve started and worked hard for all these years! Let’s just pray CoronaVirus be gone NOW!! 

Don’t get me wrong. I hate It for all of the students. It is a big part of their life. But get ready for the rug to be jerked out from under them again by giving them this false hope. I believe Theses young people could deal with the fact that it is over better than most adults. 

• Upvote 1

It would be better for these kids and parents to go ahead and be told now that it’s all cancelled! Then they can come to terms with it. Trust me the kids will be more upset about their proms than any basketball! And sadly there is no way any big AAU events are taking place this summer! 

57 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Don’t get me wrong. I hate It for all of the students. It is a big part of their life. But get ready for the rug to be jerked out from under them again by giving them this false hope. I believe Theses young people could deal with the fact that it is over better than most adults. 

These kids aren’t dumb. They pick up on things. The biggest thing a lot of them are thinking about is they may be in the real world quicker than they thought and their HS career may be over. Gibson County is on their seventh day of doing nothing in basketball. They got about 8 or 10 days off when they won the state last year, but they are approaching a record of not doing any thing. These coaches are definitely probably not liking the fact that there kids may have to set out a while without any kind of organized supervision. A lot of these girls will keep in shape but being in basketball shape is two different things. We are all in a new world.

Edited by pioneer42

Starting to think schools may be back in session around the middle of April , so maybe there is a little hope. If people will continue social distancing , we are going to get back much quicker than we may have thought. Ready to get back to normal.

2 hours ago, ecu said:

Starting to think schools may be back in session around the middle of April , so maybe there is a little hope. If people will continue social distancing , we are going to get back much quicker than we may have thought. Ready to get back to normal.

I hope you are correct, but I highly doubt schools will be back that soon.  

4 hours ago, ecu said:

You really are living in a different world than the rest of us. Mid April is 3 weeks away. School is over for this year. Not fair to any HS senior but no school system is going to take any chances with kids in this calendar school year. 

44 minutes ago, SJF said:

You really are living in a different world than the rest of us. Mid April is 3 weeks away. School is over for this year. Not fair to any HS senior but no school system is going to take any chances with kids in this calendar school year. 

Most counties in TN still have no reported cases so why wouldn't they go back in these places. Not saying you're not right, but I want to see what we do after the 15 day period the President has asked Americans to do social distancing. Last week I was probably thinking more like you, but I am a bit more optimistic things will turn around soon. Hope everyone will stay in as much as possible.