Thank you TSSAA!!

pioneer42

45 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Sounds like it will take about two weeks to play the girls and boys basketball and the Spring Fling. These guys know what they are doing. April and May temperatures are in the 80’s a lot. I do realize it is a bad disease, but to much uncertainty to cancel a tournament when they have access to facilities obviously or they wouldn’t entertain the idea.

Wow it might only take 2 weeks to play The remainder of the basketball tournaments and the spring fling, it's pretty apparent at this point that it is not going to happen. The TSSAA is just delaying the inevitable and giving some teams false hope. Most colleges, and I will assume middle Tennessee State included, are canceling in person classes for the rest of the year and shutting down the campuses. If that is the case you won't be able to use their facilities. Not to mention, as long as the high schools are closed, teams are not allowed to practice which would delay getting term play underway even more. The best thing that we can do right now is to cancel these tournaments, finish out the school year the best way that they can with e-learning or by some other method, and let's pray that fall sports are not also affected

19 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Wow it might only take 2 weeks to play The remainder of the basketball tournaments and the spring fling, it's pretty apparent at this point that it is not going to happen. The TSSAA is just delaying the inevitable and giving some teams false hope. Most colleges, and I will assume middle Tennessee State included, are canceling in person classes for the rest of the year and shutting down the campuses. If that is the case you won't be able to use their facilities. Not to mention, as long as the high schools are closed, teams are not allowed to practice which would delay getting term play underway even more. The best thing that we can do right now is to cancel these tournaments, finish out the school year the best way that they can with e-learning or by some other method, and let's pray that fall sports are not also affected

I listened to Childress’ meeting as it was available to the public. He said that the girls could play in two days and the boys four starting on a Monday and finishing Saturday possibly end of May first of June and the following week the Spring Fling. He assumed an 8 week lay off because of the 10 person rule by the President and he said facilities would be available and this is assuming the country is in better shape. Not hurting anyone obviously on a wait and see approach for all these sports. What are you going to do if it is 90 degrees in mid-April and the curve is spiraling down and you have cancelled these tournaments that could have been played? Nobody knows what is happening a month from now but the man upstairs. 

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

I listened to Childress’ meeting as it was available to the public. He said that the girls could play in two days and the boys four starting on a Monday and finishing Saturday possibly end of May first of June and the following week the Spring Fling. He assumed an 8 week lay off because of the 10 person rule by the President and he said facilities would be available and this is assuming the country is in better shape. Not hurting anyone obviously on a wait and see approach for all these sports. What are you going to do if it is 90 degrees in mid-April and the curve is spiraling down and you have cancelled these tournaments that could have been played? Nobody knows what is happening a month from now but the man upstairs. 

I agree with Reitz.  These games are not going to be played.  Things are going to get much worse before they get better.  People with the virus are walking around completely asymptomatic unknowingly infecting others.  There is no way that any entity is going to consciously bring people together under any circumstances, especially not in this litigious society that we live in.  And even if they did, teams playing in late May after no school or practice for 8 weeks will not remotely resemble the teams that played last week.  It is horrible for all involved, but it is a wrap!

8 minutes ago, BullShark said:

I agree with Reitz.  These games are not going to be played.  Things are going to get much worse before they get better.  People with the virus are walking around completely asymptomatic unknowingly infecting others.  There is no way that any entity is going to consciously bring people together under any circumstances, especially not in this litigious society that we live in.  And even if they did, teams playing in late May after no school or practice for 8 weeks will not remotely resemble the teams that played last week.  It is horrible for all involved, but it is a wrap!

May be. It is what it is. There is no harm in a wait and see approach though, IMO and obviously the TSSAA agrees because that is what they did. Never know what will happen to this when the heat gets going. Hopefully the U.S is catching it at a better time with spring and summer approaching. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

The season is over sad to say. I use The let’s wait and see approach with my own kids. They have done figured out when I say It that really means no. Sorry to say it but we will be looking back and talking about do you remember the year there was no state champion. 

I’m praying that God rebukes this virus and have faith he will. Nothing to do with basketball at all. Just to get rid of it so businesses can get back to normal. Country will go broke quick with every thing shut down. Have more faith in the good Lord and the Bible than man made charts and scientists  This has nothing to do with basketball at all. It is about staying healthy and making a living. You guys may be right about the basketball.

• Like 1

During the Obama / Biden administration, from April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010 in the United States alone, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases, 274,304 hospitalizations, and 12,469 deaths in the US due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus. Additionally, CDC estimated that up to 575,000 people worldwide died from (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection during just the first year of the virus. The media did not blame or criticize Obama / Biden, and sleepy Joe did none of the things he claims he would do now. The world did not stop, countries did not shut down, businesses and shops did not close, the markets did not crash, the FED did not cut rates by 100basis points down to 0%, travel was not halted, businesses did not close, the Supreme Court did not shut down, public and private events were not banned, people did not go home from work, etc. The same can be said about the 1957 H2N2 pandemic, and the 1968 H3N2 pandemic.

Either give Trump the credit he deserves for taking these drastic measures surely in your best interests or admit you are a biased Dem that cares only about party and not about country. Read last paragraph again and make a choice - 1. credit to Trump or 2. admit you are biased.

• Sad 1

As more states either cancel classes for the year or push back they're opening dates, despite the false hope that was given in the TSSAA meeting on Tuesday, you can figure that not only is the remainder of the basketball tournament canceled but the entire spring fling will be canceled as well. 

I know that Indiana has just said that schools will be closed until at least May 1 and I believe that we will see a domino effect from that.

22 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

As more states either cancel classes for the year or push back they're opening dates, despite the false hope that was given in the TSSAA meeting on Tuesday, you can figure that not only is the remainder of the basketball tournament canceled but the entire spring fling will be canceled as well. 

I know that Indiana has just said that schools will be closed until at least May 1 and I believe that we will see a domino effect from that.

It’s over for this year and sadly there will be no summer AAU exposure events. No one will take on that liability. 

17 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

It is what it is. As of right now TSSAA made the decision to wait it out. We all need to pray that it is contained quickly without business shutdowns because at this point lots of small businesses are losing thousands of dollars every day. Going to make a lot of people go broke quick.