South Pittsburg Pirates lose Alum

OLD PIRATE

Man-O-man, Old Pirates everywhere feel the pain & have been awakened by the passing of #40. Jimmy Wigfall was a magician with a football in his hands. It was great to see a Chattanooga Magazine had recently written a well deserving article on him. South Pittsburg’s Band of Pirates have been seriously hit with his passing. Many Pirates have played the game but none more talked about than Old # 40. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

He will always be the measuring stick for all Pirate running backs.

That is a fact!  BTW, J.W. starting at TB for the Pirates predated the 1971 TC Williams Titans by 4 years. 

Edited by rlh

On 3/29/2020 at 3:39 PM, Southtowner said:

It's been a tough week for Pirate Nation. 

Rest in peace Jimmy.  

Hate to hear this. Prayers for his family and the Pirate Football community. I was fortunate enough to sit down and read Stephen Hargis's book, Eight Hateful Miles, about a year ago. The book contains a great insight into the life and football career of Jimmy Wigfall - definitely a LEGEND. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Man-O-man, Old Pirates everywhere feel the pain & have been awakened by the passing of #40. Jimmy Wigfall was a magician with a football in his hands. It was great to see a Chattanooga Magazine had recently written a well deserving article on him. South Pittsburg’s Band of Pirates have been seriously hit with his passing. Many Pirates have played the game but none more talked about than Old # 40. 

I will miss my friend. Jimmy joins 6 other teammates off our 69 team. RIP my friend and one day we will all line it up again and run 46 on 2. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...