Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

23 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

#6 Peabody vs #1 Gibson County tonight! Who yall got? I say Gibson County 60 Peabody 52

I'll take Gibson Co by around 15.  I think Peabody could play them close in Trenton but I don't see it tonight.  

I'm also interested in Clay Co v Clarkrange tonight.  Clay surpised me by beating Pickett Co, so I'm interested to see if they can keep it competitive against one of the favorites in A

31 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

#6 Peabody vs #1 Gibson County tonight! Who yall got? I say Gibson County 60 Peabody 52

2 minutes ago, maddams said:

I'll take Gibson Co by around 15.  I think Peabody could play them close in Trenton but I don't see it tonight.  

I'm also interested in Clay Co v Clarkrange tonight.  Clay surpised me by beating Pickett Co, so I'm interested to see if they can keep it competitive against one of the favorites in A

If GC handles their pressure it won’t be that close, IMO. They don’t have any one to guard Madison. Peabody can cause trouble if it creates a bunch of TO’s and hits some shots. All depends on how GC handles their pressure.

I saw Peabody and Gibson County multiple times before the limited attendance. Honestly, I don't think this game will be close. Peabody is a solid team, but they don't rebound it well nor score efficiently enough in the half court. 
I got:  Gibson County 70, Peabody 48.

5 hours ago, maddams said:

well you were right... it was 14. Peabody did a great job getting to the foul line but turnovers were their downfall. I was impressed by Micah Hart... man she has some moves for a freshman! This game proves that GC is the clear favorite in region 7. 

1 hour ago, rebelman101 said:

well you were right... it was 14. Peabody did a great job getting to the foul line but turnovers were their downfall. I was impressed by Micah Hart... man she has some moves for a freshman! This game proves that GC is the clear favorite in region 7. 

1 hour ago, rebelman101 said:

McKenzie gets the win over Bruceton 59 to 23. Freshman and sophomores played the 2nd half.  Nice game to get ready for West Carroll on Friday. 

Madison Hart got two fouls quick and only scored 2 points in the first half and sat out a lot of the first half. Micah showed out and controlled the tempo the game. Cantrelle, Carol and McVay all played well and Madison got going on the second half. GC is just a really talented young team. Amazing how mature they. Coach Wilkins and Heather has done a fabulous job with these girls. McKenzie is solid. Amazing how many solid Single A teams there are. Peabody is a good team too. They played well. Micah Hart just played better.

Good win for Clarkrange last night at Stone. Games like that get you ready for the tournaments. Sounds like several teams across the state are capable of taking home the gold ball this year. As always praying all the players stay healthy and good luck to everyone as the regular seasons come to an end soon and the district tourneys start. Looking forward to watching some great games. 

16 minutes ago, Ringmaster17 said:

Good win for Clarkrange last night at Stone. Games like that get you ready for the tournaments. Sounds like several teams across the state are capable of taking home the gold ball this year. As always praying all the players stay healthy and good luck to everyone as the regular seasons come to an end soon and the district tourneys start. Looking forward to watching some great games. 

District Tournament to watch especially semis will be 13 AA. I have seen Gleason, Greenfield and UC.

My updated Top 10

1. McKenzie - should cruise to region semifinals 

2. Gibson Co - handled Peabody, I don't see them being challenged before state tourney

3. Clarkrange - impressive win over Stone Memorial

4. Summertown - rematch at Loretto tomorrow night

5. Loretto - no bad losses but no impressive wins, chance to get one tomorrow against Summertown

6. Peabody - pretty big gap between the top 5 and everybody else; fast/quick enough to cause problems

7. Van Buren Co - great record/soft schedule

8. North Greene - haven't played recently; not sure if they're quarantined

9. Whitwell - swept by Clay Co but beat Pickett Co; upcoming rematch with Van Buren

10. Houston Co - lost rematch to Jo Byrns but beat a decent Stewart Co team

Teams to watch: Clay Co, Cloudland, Cosby, Jo Byrns, Gleason, Greenfield, Huntland, Oneida, Pickett Co, Richland, Tellico Plains, Union City

NOTE: The top 5 is pretty clear, though you could certainly debate the order of ranking.  After those five, Single A is a mess with a lot of average and above average teams.  I'll be shocked if anybody outside the top 5 wins the state tournament this year.

1 hour ago, maddams said:

My updated Top 10

1. McKenzie - should cruise to region semifinals 

2. Gibson Co - handled Peabody, I don't see them being challenged before state tourney

3. Clarkrange - impressive win over Stone Memorial

4. Summertown - rematch at Loretto tomorrow night

5. Loretto - no bad losses but no impressive wins, chance to get one tomorrow against Summertown

6. Peabody - pretty big gap between the top 5 and everybody else; fast/quick enough to cause problems

7. Van Buren Co - great record/soft schedule

8. North Greene - haven't played recently; not sure if they're quarantined

9. Whitwell - swept by Clay Co but beat Pickett Co; upcoming rematch with Van Buren

10. Houston Co - lost rematch to Jo Byrns but beat a decent Stewart Co team

Teams to watch: Clay Co, Cloudland, Cosby, Jo Byrns, Gleason, Greenfield, Huntland, Oneida, Pickett Co, Richland, Tellico Plains, Union City

NOTE: The top 5 is pretty clear, though you could certainly debate the order of ranking.  After those five, Single A is a mess with a lot of average and above average teams.  I'll be shocked if anybody outside the top 5 wins the state tournament this year.

Do think Union City and Greenfield will be tough as year progresses. Greenfield beat Union City and Gleason last two weeks. Do think McKenzie and  Gibson County on paper are as talented as anyone in the state, BUT I have to give an edge to senior experience and that is why I like Summertown and Clarkrange, BUT that doesn’t mean the Loretto’s, Gibson County’s and McKenzie’s   can’t win it all in a heartbeat. Pickett County is also a team with a lot of experience that lost 1 player last year. I look for them to be there as well.

Edited by pioneer42