Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

2 hours ago, purplengolduc said:

It really doesn't look like there will be a chance to get any West TN district tourney games in this week, maybe Saturday.  Any chance they push the entire postseason tournament back a week? 

You have to keep in mind Region 7 has a little cushion because Memphis is not playing this year. 

33 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea it’s a 100000”% Memphis isn’t playing this year! Most public schools doesn’t start back til March 8th! 

That also means Covington’s District will have 2 Tournaments with the same teams especially the Final Four. That right?? Means there 1 and 3 and their 2 and 4 would play in the Region. They kept the same format in football as if they do when they are playing. I personally hope Gibson County’s Region keeps the District Tournament and Region because they won’t have a substate. Not good to have only 3 games before state in 24 days and that would be for the Rehion 1 and 2’s. Teams can get rusty in that much of a layoff.

Edited by pioneer42

10 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yeap! Which still means Covington will not get a challenge until they either face us or Westview 

Read the rest of my post. If they cancel GC’s Tournament and only play Region would mean about 3 games in 24 or 25 days for our Region 1 and 2. I would bet you guys District Tournament is in danger because y’all have a substate. Snowstorm just threw another wrench in what was already a crazy year. 

Edited by pioneer42

29 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Read the rest of my post. If they cancel GC’s Tournament and only play Region would mean about 3 games in 24 or 25 days for our Region 1 and 2. I would bet you guys District Tournament is in danger because y’all have a substate. Snowstorm just threw another wrench in what was already a crazy year. 

Yea I definitely wouldn’t like that! I am curious to see how they pull it out. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

We all need to be playing especially before state. West TN definitely got hit the hardest with this storm. Lots of other areas might not be affected.

Yea I seen that as well! We will not play this week sadly. I say it be Monday before we can play in Jackson. They may could play the girls game @6, then do the boys at 7:15-7:30 especially since only host & 1 team is there due to Covid