Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

10 hours ago, dmm88 said:

I actually see two of these happening: I think Gleason, Greenfield and UC are all better than Peabody.

And I love what McKenzie has done, and Savannah Davis is a star, but Loretto has Karly Weathers and I think Loretto beats McKenzie, in a game I HOPE is moved to Bethel to maybe get a good crowd. 

I wouldn't say Gleason, Greenfield and UC are better than Peabody, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see one of them beat Peabody. 

If McKenzie and Loretto square off in a Semifinal it will be keeping a Glass House worthy team at home, regardless of the outcome. Would love to watch that game, although I'm sure I won't be fortunate enough to have that opportunity (thanks, COVID). 

14 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

I wouldn't say Gleason, Greenfield and UC are better than Peabody, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see one of them beat Peabody. 

If McKenzie and Loretto square off in a Semifinal it will be keeping a Glass House worthy team at home, regardless of the outcome. Would love to watch that game, although I'm sure I won't be fortunate enough to have that opportunity (thanks, COVID). 

Unlikely it will be moved to Bethel due to Covid procedures we have here on campus. 

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

I’ve got news for you. Whitwell or VanBuren  won’t beat the #4 seed out of District 6A. The upset would be if either of those teams beats our 4 seed!  

Didn't Whitwell beat Pickett earlier this year? I know Whitwell lost to Clay Co twice but neither of those games was a blowout.  

Region 6A could sweep but I wouldn't call Whitwell or Van Buren beating Red Boiling Springs an upset.  That's assuming that Pickett Co beats RBS in the consolation game.  Pickett seems to not be playing well right now. 

You watch more Upper Cumberland basketball than I do.  Why do you feel that strongly about 6A sweeping?

1 hour ago, SportsWestTN said:

I have seen Loretto twice, once online and once in person both games against Summertown. They will have to get griddier and tougher to get to Murfreesboro. McKenzie will hit them in the mouth for four quarters. Region semis will be loaded with big time games but this will be the one even if it is Summertown that plays McKenzie that all eyes will be on because a team capable of winning the Gold Ball will be sent home. 

29 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I have seen Loretto twice, once online and once in person both games against Summertown. They will have to get griddier and tougher to get to Murfreesboro. McKenzie will hit them in the mouth for four quarters. Region semis will be loaded with big time games but this will be the one even if it is Summertown that plays McKenzie that all eyes will be on because a team capable of winning the Gold Ball will be sent home. 

Regardless, I like McKenzie's chances to be able to get to the Boro. But, we know anything can happen, especially at this point in the year. They have a tough road to get there. Loretto might not be as good as they've been the last few years, but they've been in these situations before. When the moment gets big, sometimes that makes a difference.

3 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

Regardless, I like McKenzie's chances to be able to get to the Boro. But, we know anything can happen, especially at this point in the year. They have a tough road to get there. Loretto might not be as good as they've been the last few years, but they've been in these situations before. When the moment gets big, sometimes that makes a difference.

Your exactly right. Loretto has been there and has a lot of experience. These two have played the last two years in the semis so they will have confidence for sure.

This is McKenzie team of girls is totally different from last year...even though the bulk of them are the same girls.  The mentality and the Wilkins touch has paid dividends.  I have said it before and I say it again....you stop one from scoring, you have to worry about the other 4 or 5 scoring.  We lose only 3 seniors.  Of the three...2 start.  The sophomores and freshman are the ones you have to worry about. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Good win for Greenfield tonight. Edie Darby is really playing well right now!! She has really played well this year. Biggs also took Anderson out of the game. Solid performance!! Greenfield will be an extremely tough out. 

Ms Darby is a pleasure to watch play the game. She has so much "ball sense". I love watching her eyes  she don't miss nothing. Such a complete player. She excels in doing all the little things right. Greenfield is a very well coached team as is Gleason. The Jackets played as good half court defense last night as I've seen in a while, really took Gleason out of their offense. 

2 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Ms Darby is a pleasure to watch play the game. She has so much "ball sense". I love watching her eyes  she don't miss nothing. Such a complete player. She excels in doing all the little things right. Greenfield is a very well coached team as is Gleason. The Jackets played as good half court defense last night as I've seen in a while, really took Gleason out of their offense. 

Darby is definitely fun to watch. Saw her a couple of times online early in the season. Very smart player and now finally getting an opportunity to show how skilled she is.