Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

39 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Nice classy post

Congrats to a talented Mckenzie team.   The 3 ball was the difference in the game last night.  To beat Mckenzie you better hope they have an off night shooting and you need good post play.  If they have a weakness it is post defense, the Fillies had plenty of good looks and just couldn’t finish.  Very excited for the future of the fillies.  The freshman and sophomore classes are talented and they have an 8th grade group that was 16-1 this season that will join them.  

Yes. The future is bright for the Fillies. I’ve seen several time where I’ve looked on the floor and it was only freshmen and sophomores against other teams starting 5. 

Not having Fuller in the lineup hurt the ball handling. Hope she makes a full and quick recovery. Turnovers were a big factor last night also. The Mckenzie press never let up. 

6 minutes ago, maddams said:

First round of region tends to be a lot of blowouts.  Looking across the state, I only see about 5-6 games with questionable outcomes.

Unaka @ Greenback

Sunbright @ Copper Basin

Pickett Co @ Whitwell

Wayne Co @ Huntingdon

Gleason @ Peabody

Did I miss any?

Pickett County by 30. You missed that one because it’s a forgone conclusion.  Whitwell has zero chance of winning the game. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

1 minute ago, UCSportsFan said:

Pickett County by 30. You missed that one because it’s a forgone conclusion.  Whitwell has zero chance of winning the game. 

You may be right.  Whitwell beat them earlier this year (I did not see the game) and Pickett does not seem to be playing very well as of late.  Honest question, why are you so sure that Pickett blows them out?

8 minutes ago, maddams said:

First round of region tends to be a lot of blowouts.  Looking across the state, I only see about 5-6 games with questionable outcomes.

Unaka @ Greenback

Sunbright @ Copper Basin

Pickett Co @ Whitwell

Wayne Co @ Huntingdon

Gleason @ Peabody

Did I miss any?

I think Gibson County beats Bradford but I don’t see it being a 30 point blowout. I can see Gibson County pulling away in the second half. Bradford’s last two games were 1 point losses to Union City and Gleason. The 6’2 or 6’3 post for Bradford stays out of foul trouble they will hold their own a while. AA games to keep an eye on are South Gibson and Scott’s Hill, Chester County and Crockett County and Dyersburg and South Side. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, maddams said:

You may be right.  Whitwell beat them earlier this year (I did not see the game) and Pickett does not seem to be playing very well as of late.  Honest question, why are you so sure that Pickett blows them out?

Pickett is in Clarkrange’s bracket. One of the two will get eliminated. Will be tough going to Clarkrange.

12 minutes ago, maddams said:

I’ve just never seen any teams from Whitwell that were good enough to beat any of the teams from this district. I know Clay beat them twice this year. I do think it will be closer than 30 points but I still have Pickett winning. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I think Gibson County beats Bradford but I don’t see it being a 30 point blowout. I can see Gibson County pulling away in the second half. Bradford’s last two games were 1 point losses to Union City and Gleason. The 6’2 or 6’3 post for Bradford stays out of foul trouble they will hold their own a while. AA games to keep an eye on are South Gibson and Scott’s Hill, Chester County and Crockett County and Dyersburg and South Side. 

Not sure about the Gleason game, but I know Bradford was down huge going into the 4th and went on a big run to turn it back into the game. Walter is a matchup problem for most teams; but having Hart, I don't expect that to be an issue. Bradford certainly isn't a bad team, but GC is a bad matchup for them. I'd expect it to be a wide margin.

4 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

Not sure about the Gleason game, but I know Bradford was down huge going into the 4th and went on a big run to turn it back into the game. Walter is a matchup problem for most teams; but having Hart, I don't expect that to be an issue. Bradford certainly isn't a bad team, but GC is a bad matchup for them. I'd expect it to be a wide margin.

I agree and Gibson County will create problems guard wise for Bradford handling their pressure as they did last night against Peabody. Merideth is a good coach and just being realistic. We have had battles with them before. Have to take them one at a time. Gibson County outworks you and is very very fundamental. Their defense is getting dialed in. Peabody scored 36 last night. 50 points will win Gibson County a lot of games when their defense is dialed in.