Who wins AA in 2020-21, and why?

tssaafan

25 minutes ago, RaShadSmith said:

There are definitely 3 teams out West that are 20 points better than their competition in AA.  South Side, Westview, and Covington.  When they play in district their games aren't even close.  Fayette Ware has young talent but won't get close to beating any of these teams in the tournament in my opinion.  They're just not ready yet.  

FW will be a problem in a few years! 

6 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Man you’re spot! Y’all called he rounded his troops up within the hour! I hopped up took a shower & came with my team as well! The administration was not happy smh our only chance to see tha Shernecca Curry-Jelks versus Madison Hart match up! I didn’t know that was your niece that fouled her! She was pretty messed up after she fouled Currie-Jelk. It was just a freak accident! Your niece came up to Currie-Jelks after the game while she was in the car & apologized! She was clearly disappointed that it happened. From my understanding they both played together on some AAU team! 

Whole Gibson County team and fans felt bad about it. Y’all beat us by four or so, but man it was a heavyweight fight, full court press by both teams from opening tip to buzzer and it ended with a great player maybe the best around here getting her season ended. My niece and family felt really bad about it. My neice had just got a boot off of her foot a couple of months before that from a surgically repaired broken foot. We stayed in touch with Jeremy Vonner,  who knows your coach real well asking how she was. Sad deal. I hope we both make it and get to play the Upperman’s, Macon County’s, Clarkrange’s, Summertown’s.... of the world. They are heavyweights like us no doubt. I met UCSportsFan last year up there. Nice guy and knows his basketball. 

5 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Whole Gibson County team and fans felt bad about it. Y’all beat us by four or so, but man it was a heavyweight fight, full court press by both teams from opening tip to buzzer and it ended with a great player maybe the best around here getting her season ended. My niece and family felt really bad about it. My neice had just got a boot off of her foot a couple of months before that from a surgically repaired broken foot. We stayed in touch with Jeremy Vonner,  who knows your coach real well asking how she was. Sad deal. I hope we both make it and get to play the Upperman’s, Macon County’s, Clarkrange’s, Summertown’s.... of the world. They are heavyweights like us no doubt. I met UCSportsFan last year up there. Nice guy and knows his basketball. 

Man I remember it like it was yesterday! She rolled & screamed across the entire floor. I do believe it was going to happen at some point anyways. Y’all definitely are a class act program! Yes I hope we both can make it as well, so we can show the rest of Tennessee how West Tn gets down! We play ball on this side of the river as well! That 07 year we lost to Upperman, a lot of people didn’t know that we was missing our best shooter! She torn her ACL smh! If we stay healthy & I pray these next 4 years we do, look out! 

6 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Man I remember it like it was yesterday! She rolled & screamed across the entire floor. I do believe it was going to happen at some point anyways. Y’all definitely are a class act program! Yes I hope we both can make it as well, so we can show the rest of Tennessee how West Tn gets down! We play ball on this side of the river as well! That 07 year we lost to Upperman, a lot of people didn’t know that we was missing our best shooter! She torn her ACL smh! If we stay healthy & I pray these next 4 years we do, look out! 

Y’all have had your share of injuries no doubt. We will see how it unfolds in a few weeks. Look forward to it. 

2 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Once again your dead spot on! Teams will not play us, unless we are made to play them(district, region) and yea Westview definitely plays teams that they can easily beat! Look back at the Christmas tournament that they put together, it’s a joke! And of course they won their own championship lol

I can understand that I mean SouthSide is bringing two very good teams to the gym every single time so a lot of people just will not play you and I get that I have experienced that in the past myself and there’s nothing you can really do about it 

23 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

The matchup we all want to see is SS vs UPPERMAN. Let’s all stay healthy and maybe just maybe it will happen. Westview will have a say in that though. They will be a tough out as always. 

Westview was set to play Upperman last year. Their PG play will keep them in every game they play. She is the real deal. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Or why don’t Westview want to play us is the question! Not talking bad about Westview but their coach never schedules any tuff games! They always cakewalk to state & their easy schedule is why they can’t win it after going to state 7 or 8 consecutive years in a row imo! We play people that will play us, Gibson County which is Single A always invite us to play in their Thanksgiving tournament! It has all the toughest teams in Single A & is always a great tournament! Lorotto, Summertown, Gibson County, USJ(private) & Christmas tournament in Dyersburg that is usually tough! Dyersburg, Greenfield, a few Memphis teams! We was going to Florida to play this before COVID-19 came along! Covid didn’t allow us to play in no thanksgiving or Christmas tournament this year. We don’t mind taking losses 

We have asked Westview multiple times this year to play us and they have refused. You are 100% percent right about their schedule. I bet since they lost to Henry County in December they will probably drop them  from their schedule in the future too. Westview never wants to play single A teams anymore.... wonder why they wont schedule Gibson County or Greenfield?

47 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

We have asked Westview multiple times this year to play us and they have refused. You are 100% percent right about their schedule. I bet since they lost to Henry County in December they will probably drop them  from their schedule in the future too. Westview never wants to play single A teams anymore.... wonder why they wont schedule Gibson County or Greenfield?

They have no choice but to play us next year. Will be another Loretto Summertown type series. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

Yea i mean it is what it is I guess. I have seen Gibson County play some of the toughest AA & AAA teams around! They aren’t scared of a challenge! Everybody knows how they schedule is it’s no secret, I did see where HC was on their Christmas tournament. But they went away not sure of what happened but they was out the tournament. It will be a tough stretch for them this week, especially if Jade isn’t back. Dyersburg has gotten hot & South Gibson had them on the ropes. I hope & pray Jada is cleared this week and stays healthy.