Who wins AA in 2020-21, and why?

tssaafan

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah he is a homer a little. I guess we all are somewhat right?? Is Livingston Academy going to relive their glory days?? They used to kick a- - and take names later. 

They were rolling along with Jackson County back in the glory days.  They are in a very tough district now so it’s tough to get back to where they were.   They also fired their coach then they unfired their coach a few weeks after last season.  Something must be going on there behind the scenes.   What I do know is their middle school and Rickman middle school which had some decent teams a couple years.  The HS seems to be more improved over last year but missing some super stars to get back to the glory days.  

1 hour ago, LadyCavsFan said:

They were rolling along with Jackson County back in the glory days.  They are in a very tough district now so it’s tough to get back to where they were.   They also fired their coach then they unfired their coach a few weeks after last season.  Something must be going on there behind the scenes.   What I do know is their middle school and Rickman middle school which had some decent teams a couple years.  The HS seems to be more improved over last year but missing some super stars to get back to the glory days.  

They probably cost Gibson County a Gold Ball or two back in the day. They were really good back in the day. as was Jackson County. We played Jackson County a few summers up until this last year at UTM camp.

8 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Anybody can beat anyone up there. Never know. Westview and South Side will likely represent West TN this year. Westview also has a D-1 PG that can flat out play too along with lots of help. Upperman obviously a very talented team blowing out a good Macon County team. South Side has a D-1 post so they don’t just score in transition and they have another back up post that is almost as good. I do feel Clarkrange would be the favorite in Single A because they lost nobody but it will be challenging. Would have loved to seen what would have happend last year but we can’t. Greenfield everybody said was unbeatable and were definitely the favorites, but Clarkrange would have been hard to deal with just like Gibson County was going to be hard to deal with for Loretto.

He will soon find out! 

2 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

We all will!  I just hope we are allowed to attend the games!

Would be a black eye on TSSAA if restrictions are lifted by governor and fans can’t go. Worse case they can play in HS gyms like now. Why would they won’t a big college venue if they won’t let fans attend?? Makes zero sense.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Would be a black eye on TSSAA if restrictions are lifted by governor and fans can’t go. Worse case they can play in HS gyms like now. Why would they won’t a big college venue if they won’t let fans attend?? Makes zero sense.

No sense at all, fans definitely will be in the building! Unless them strands of viruses take over(which I pray doesn’t happen) 

34 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

No sense at all, fans definitely will be in the building! Unless them strands of viruses take over(which I pray doesn’t happen) 

Under the current rules (local and TSSAA), I don't see why fans wouldn't be in attendance. They had this issue come up with college football where the Rose Bowl wasn't going to be able to have fans, so they moved the game to New Orleans. If a certain municipality won't allow fans, the simple solution is to move the tournament to a place that will allow them. Now, if we go back to statewide restrictions, that goes out the window.

Zero reason we shouldn't at least see families at the games. Not sure you'll get to see students, but there will be people there if the game is played. TSSAA needs that gate and fans need to be able to see those games. 

IMO, most likely scenario is tournament will not be at MTSU, played at a number of large high schools or at a different university. Schools will be allotted a certain amount of tickets to distribute as they see fit (parents and families first, then students/fans). Gyms will be cleared between games. 

1 minute ago, SportsWestTN said:

Under the current rules (local and TSSAA), I don't see why fans wouldn't be in attendance. They had this issue come up with college football where the Rose Bowl wasn't going to be able to have fans, so they moved the game to New Orleans. If a certain municipality won't allow fans, the simple solution is to move the tournament to a place that will allow them. Now, if we go back to statewide restrictions, that goes out the window.

Zero reason we shouldn't at least see families at the games. Not sure you'll get to see students, but there will be people there if the game is played. TSSAA needs that gate and fans need to be able to see those games. 

IMO, most likely scenario is tournament will not be at MTSU, played at a number of large high schools or at a different university. Schools will be allotted a certain amount of tickets to distribute as they see fit (parents and families first, then students/fans). Gyms will be cleared between games. 

Exactly 

16 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

Makes zero sense for TSSAA not to allow fans at state and they can come during tournaments. Why would you have it at a college venue without fans when you can have it at HS gyms with fans??? Makes zero sense and nobody wins. Fans don’t and TSSAA don’t. I could care less if it is at a college venue if their fans can’t go. Last meeting I heard and you can probably pull it up on the TSSAA website was there plan B was to have it at gyms in Murfreesboro with fans which is fair for every body. Why the change?? Makes zero sense unless Cookeville is allowing fans which they should allow all fans in a 10,000 seat gym.

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Makes zero sense for TSSAA not to allow fans at state and they can come during tournaments. Why would you have it at a college venue without fans when you can have it at HS gyms with fans??? Makes zero sense and nobody wins. Fans don’t and TSSAA don’t. I could care less if it is at a college venue if their fans can’t go. Last meeting I heard and you can probably pull it up on the TSSAA website was there plan B was to have it at gyms in Murfreesboro with fans which is fair for every body. Why the change?? Makes zero sense unless Cookeville is allowing fans which they should allow all fans in a 10,000 seat gym.

They aren't going to play in a venue without fans. I don't think that option is even on the table, so I wouldn't worry about that. Only way they play with no fans is if Governor puts out another Executive Order for the state.