COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

Reading back through some post,no way would I wager on who will win the election unless is was back when Ronald Reagan beat Mondale and I actually did bet on my favorite president to win. In Tennessee is one thing but on a national level ,you never know who will turn out in the swing States.The electoral college was set up I guess to keep states from cheating .I was glad of it in 2016 because the amount of popular votes Hillary won by would have filled up Neyland stadium nearly 30 times.You would think in this day and time,our government would have figured out a safe and fair way for everyones vote to count the same, nomatter if your a republican living in California or a Democratic living in Nashville. There was zero question in 1984 because president Reagan won the popular vote by about 60-40 and the electoral was all red except Mondales home state of Minnesota and the district of Columbia.Now President Reagan was a winner and someone you wouldn't care to have as a neighbor if he was  making movies , into politics or just a regular guy. Not everyone liked him because that's never going to happen but I did and just like the folks who like Trump,I understand.

On 8/23/2020 at 11:40 AM, BatmanLives said:

It was great to watch the games and I  know the kids loved every minute.I agree with the article, especially with the last couple of paragraphs. It looked as I said before that the people in Elizabethton tried to do it right. That's the best way to make the end result much more positive. If you get schools that let thousands into their stadiums with hundreds of folks not being smart. That's the ones who might ruin it for everyone. I don't see a difference with a crowd being at a super market,sports event, church, protest , political event,school or anywhere. You can try and take care of your part or not, in my opinion, that's going to decide the rest of this year .

the people not wearing draconian ppe are going to "ruin it for everyone" by "not being smart", not the totalitarian politicians who got this wrong from the get. 

cool!

• Like 1

On 8/23/2020 at 9:47 PM, Southtowner said:

I attended our road game Friday night and folks were allowed to enter the gate without wearing any masks.   Of course, they did check everyone's temperature before entering.  It seems to me some of these regulations that are in place are not gonna be enforced. Maybe they want to keep away from any confrontation that may or could arise I guess. Which is sad in my opinion.  IDK.   I wish everyone would take it upon themselves to follow what is in place and for the life of me I can't understand why some of you think it's such a big deal.   I for one want these kids to have their moment in the sun and have their season.  My advice is comply with what is in place or stay at home. Simple as that.  This ain't about you or me individually. It's about all of us together.  It's about these kids.  It's about them being able to play the sport they love in front of their families, friends and communities.  There's a reason these regulations are in place.  So we could possibly have a safer way to enjoy some normalcy and enjoy watching these kids play.   

I'll finish my thoughts with this:  If the TSSAA cancels these kids season because of non compliance of their regulations then I'm gonna blame some of the people in this room.  And then, I do not forgive.

5f2c63d5f34d05653000e0c4?width=600&forma

masks are stupid and u are a pompous know it all. always have been. 

• Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic