The TSSAA Board of Control Decided NOTHING Today

The number of cases in Georgia is .79 % of the population, and the number of cases in Tennessee is .64 %. So, Georgia is a bit ahead of Tennessee. The number of cases and deaths seem to favor Tennessee by a bit, but it is closer when you consider Georgia has 3.79 million more people. Tennessee's death rate is lower.

2 minutes ago, BigRed75 said:

The number of cases in Georgia is .79 % of the population, and the number of cases in Tennessee is .64 %. So, Georgia is a bit ahead of Tennessee. The number of cases and deaths seem to favor Tennessee by a bit, but it is closer when you consider Georgia has 3.79 million more people. Tennessee's death rate is lower.

I wonder why they think it's ok to continue with football the way their covid cases are and we have nearly shut down and scrounging just to have a season. Ours is still tbd.

• Like 1

I don't know. I think they expected a similar delay. It honestly surprised me that Tennessee delayed but Georgia did not. I believe that the schedules that were posted on here today--that is, the ones with playoff options--will be fine. It seems funny, though, to not be somewhat delayed in starting sports when there are plenty of questions about how schools will open that haven't been settled.

Edited by BigRed75
wording change

38 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I wonder why they think it's ok to continue with football the way their covid cases are and we have nearly shut down and scrounging just to have a season. Ours is still tbd.

I imagine they have looked at the data from other countries that kids very rarely get it and the transmission from a kid to an adult is rare. 

5 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

Its hard to argue that they are getting information when they don't even talk to groups directly involved in the decision. IE the governor not even talking to the TSSAA and the BOE not even talking to teachers/covid response teams.

I don’t know of any school director or board that runs decisions by teaching staff. Coaches coach and players play. Directors make decisions and teachers teach. 

3 hours ago, Sidelinehustler said:

I don’t know of any school director or board that runs decisions by teaching staff. Coaches coach and players play. Directors make decisions and teachers teach. 

I really don’t know much to really say of this, but correct. I’ve seen comments “ what the school decides” it ain’t that easy lol. By the comments on Facebook some parents want to play more than their kids lol

Edited by Goldenpride
  • Like 1

The TSSAA and the BOC don't want to make tough decisions. This was evident when they passed the buck to local school districts at the beginning of summer, creating a gap in opportunity for athletes.

Secondly, they honestly think the TSSAA should be given the same exception as the NCAA and NFL in the state. Who really thought this was a legitimate idea?? There is no way in H E double hockey sticks and high school athletic department has the finances or resources to conduct testing and have the preventative measures that the Titans, UT, or Vandy can have on a daily basis. Gov. Lee should laugh away that request.

Thirdly, Childress was quoted as saying if the order gets extended then we have some options but we aren't going to tell you those just yet. Why not?? I have a senior, and I have had discussions with his mother about us moving if we feel football would not occur this year in the state. 

To me there are two big issues that hinder the TSSAA and the state of TN board of education.

1. Lack of Communication

2. This is the big one. Lack of Leadership and the ability to crap or get off the pot. Leadership takes cajones and the ability to make decisions in tough situations. Neither body wants to do that, they want to pass the buck.

30 minutes ago, District12AA said:

The TSSAA and the BOC don't want to make tough decisions. This was evident when they passed the buck to local school districts at the beginning of summer, creating a gap in opportunity for athletes.

Secondly, they honestly think the TSSAA should be given the same exception as the NCAA and NFL in the state. Who really thought this was a legitimate idea?? There is no way in H E double hockey sticks and high school athletic department has the finances or resources to conduct testing and have the preventative measures that the Titans, UT, or Vandy can have on a daily basis. Gov. Lee should laugh away that request.

Thirdly, Childress was quoted as saying if the order gets extended then we have some options but we aren't going to tell you those just yet. Why not?? I have a senior, and I have had discussions with his mother about us moving if we feel football would not occur this year in the state. 

To me there are two big issues that hinder the TSSAA and the state of TN board of education.

1. Lack of Communication

2. This is the big one. Lack of Leadership and the ability to crap or get off the pot. Leadership takes cajones and the ability to make decisions in tough situations. Neither body wants to do that, they want to pass the buck.

It's obvious that you have something to lose in this as does every kid, parent, coach, and even fans. If it's that important to your family as a whole I honestly wouldnt wait, as Tennessee seems to be taking more precautions then surrounding states with much worse statistics as far as Identified covid-19 cases are concerned. To that end though would you be willing to expose your kids and family to a much more serious environment as far as the virus is concerned? Wish you good luck either way. At this point I'm gonna sit back and let the wheels turn as it's the only thing we can do at this point. We can only hope the decisions made are in the best interest of the kids. We should be thankful whatever happens.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

It's obvious that you have something to lose in this as does every kid, parent, coach, and even fans. If it's that important to your family as a whole I honestly wouldnt wait, as Tennessee seems to be taking more precautions then surrounding states with much worse statistics as far as Identified covid-19 cases are concerned. To that end though would you be willing to expose your kids and family to a much more serious environment as far as the virus is concerned? Wish you good luck either way. At this point I'm gonna sit back and let the wheels turn as it's the only thing we can do at this point. We can only hope the decisions made are in the best interest of the kids. We should be thankful whatever happens.

Expose my kids to a much more serious environment?

You just need to go kick rocks. My wife is a surgeon who about lost her job due to the shutdown and lack of surgeries being allowed to be performed and she is now working 6 days a week to get caught up.

My family is aware we are in more danger when we move driving to our new house than the dangers of this virus. Keep drinking the political Kool-Aid. Do you know the CDC since late May has been including positive antibody tests into the daily positive count? Why is that? It is like they want this to continue. The death rate and hospitalization rate has plummeted since April. Now the news talks about ICUs being 85-90% filled, what the average citizen doesn't know is that hospitals have to keep that % there to stay financially viable. It is a common percentage.

Luckily for our family we will have the means to provide our son a senior season, but many will not. Also be careful who you lecture on here about the the risks of the virus, so go ahead and go back and live in your bubble.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, District12AA said:

Expose my kids to a much more serious environment?

You just need to go kick rocks. My wife is a surgeon who about lost her job due to the shutdown and lack of surgeries being allowed to be performed and she is now working 6 days a week to get caught up.

My family is aware we are in more danger when we move driving to our new house than the dangers of this virus. Keep drinking the political Kool-Aid. Do you know the CDC since late May has been including positive antibody tests into the daily positive count? Why is that? It is like they want this to continue. The death rate and hospitalization rate has plummeted since April. Now the news talks about ICUs being 85-90% filled, what the average citizen doesn't know is that hospitals have to keep that % there to stay financially viable. It is a common percentage.

Luckily for our family we will have the means to provide our son a senior season, but many will not. Also be careful who you lecture on here about the the risks of the virus, so go ahead and go back and live in your bubble.

Its obvious you feel attacked and that's ok, my day isnt swayed much but the crying rants of a father who isnt getting his way. My wife is also in the medical field and most likely more hands on with this virus than yours considering yours seems to be someone affiliated with some type of elected surgery. I'm glad her position makes you think your smart enough to lecture everyone by reading the news lol as everything you stated is available to anyone who watches the news or access to Google. I do agree on one thing, I do feel this is overhyped somewhat and I do feel a rise in coronavirus diagnosis is due largely in part to more people being tested. As an example before I had stated that the spikes in cases per day alot can be contributed to the number of tests being given per day has increased alot. I do feel in the end you misunderstood me though. I only meant to state that Tennessee has taken a much harder stance than surrounding states and to that end it's most likely any scene going forward could stand a better chance of said officials interfering just as they have affected the start of the season in football. Also worst case scenario is what I meant about putting your family in a much more serious environment. You took it as an attack and it wasn't meant that way. I did laugh at your rant though it's rather comical. 

28 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Its obvious you feel attacked and that's ok, my day isnt swayed much but the crying rants of a father who isnt getting his way. My wife is also in the medical field and most likely more hands on with this virus than yours considering yours seems to be someone affiliated with some type of elected surgery. I'm glad her position makes you think your smart enough to lecture everyone by reading the news lol as everything you stated is available to anyone who watches the news or access to Google. I do agree on one thing, I do feel this is overhyped somewhat and I do feel a rise in coronavirus diagnosis is due largely in part to more people being tested. As an example before I had stated that the spikes in cases per day alot can be contributed to the number of tests being given per day has increased alot. I do feel in the end you misunderstood me though. I only meant to state that Tennessee has taken a much harder stance than surrounding states and to that end it's most likely any scene going forward could stand a better chance of said officials interfering just as they have affected the start of the season in football. Also worst case scenario is what I meant about putting your family in a much more serious environment. You took it as an attack and it wasn't meant that way. I did laugh at your rant though it's rather comical. 

Nice back pedaling there bud. You should be a DB coach.