The TSSAA Board of Control Decided NOTHING Today

3 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

The TSSAA is falling in line with every other legislature. Refusing to make decisions because they’re afraid. 

Yeah and it showed in their meeting. Putting it all on the Governors task forces lap.

Just now, Southtowner said:

TSSAA decided to delay their vote until more is known.  

Word is they did discuss in Executive session to have a meeting on classification on July 22 at Siegel.   Rumors of a 1 year classification floating around. 

It's all in the link in posted if you want to hear it. Total thing is about maybe 15 mins if you start listening at the 23:50 mark.

On 7/2/2020 at 3:09 PM, Salem said:

The hospitals closed elective procedures in March to make room for Covid patients. We were told a surge was coming that would overwhelm the hospitals. (that's why we were staying at home). The surge never came. We had convention centers, huge ships, and outdoor hospitals set up for COvid patients that never arrived. Hospitals had to lay off staff because they had no patients to treat. 

Now we have March, April, and May patients scheduled with June and July's. Hospitals are swamped with bypass surgeries, stent placements, joint replacements, etc. Things most patients do not consider elective. The media is making the full hospitals seem like they are all Covid cases. 

No need for me to make my points. @Salem your posts are spot on with my thoughts. Well done.

Bottom line is kids should be in school & sports should be played. Period. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/2/2020 at 4:09 PM, Salem said:

The hospitals closed elective procedures in March to make room for Covid patients. We were told a surge was coming that would overwhelm the hospitals. (that's why we were staying at home). The surge never came. We had convention centers, huge ships, and outdoor hospitals set up for COvid patients that never arrived. Hospitals had to lay off staff because they had no patients to treat. 

Now we have March, April, and May patients scheduled with June and July's. Hospitals are swamped with bypass surgeries, stent placements, joint replacements, etc. Things most patients do not consider elective. The media is making the full hospitals seem like they are all Covid cases. 

My MD/opthamologist had to delay my appointment back in March until Jun 17th. I see her 2x a year but that delay . . .  I had emergency surgery last Tuesday on my right eye to keep from going blind in it.  My left eye is so so and have surgery coming up for it the 17th.  So what has happened is many so called elective surgeries have become emergencies.  Technically, last week was elective with the options being 1) no surgery and go blind or 2) get surgery.  This was something that should have been dealt with in March.

3 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

I never liked that Childress man too much. I like him even less now

Your confidence is about like mine. Zero. It is very obvious they are in their world and are all about themselves. I didn’t get a positive vibe after hearing him talk. We will see. 

4 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Your confidence is about like mine. Zero. It is very obvious they are in their world and are all about themselves. I didn’t get a positive vibe after hearing him talk. We will see. 

That was my impression after last week's meeting. A few board members seemed positive and upbeat and then Childress would talk and was less than inspiring. 

8 minutes ago, Salem said:

That was my impression after last week's meeting. A few board members seemed positive and upbeat and then Childress would talk and was less than inspiring. 

I have been communicating with these characters for three months and they agree with every thing I say yet nothing gets done. Girls Basketball Situation of how it gets honored can’t even get on the agenda. I would be happy with them putting it in the books as “2020 Covid Finalists” to go in their books and programs so our girls won’t get forgotten. I know what has been happening. They have been on vacation since we left the state tournament.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Listening to this weeks meeting, It seemed TSSAA didn't want anything to do with any decision making whatsoever. From what I gathered from the meeting its 100% up to the Governor and the rest will fall in line either way.