Possible running back transfer to Dobyns-Bennett

WaCoJaCo

21 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Batman, good to see you back on the T, hope BVD gets back into it soon as well.  In the meantime....   What do you call 16 sodium atoms following Batman into a bar?      Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na  BATMAN...

I talked to BVD a few minutes ago,not so  much about football but if they kick it off, I'm sure he will have a few things to say on here as well .

On 8/1/2020 at 12:53 PM, blazer1set said:

Could the kid play football in TN in the fall and then transfer back to VA and play again in the spring?

No. VHSL has said that if a kid goes to another state and plays in the fall he will be ineligible to play at a VHSL school in the spring. 

8 hours ago, Tribal said:

No. VHSL has said that if a kid goes to another state and plays in the fall he will be ineligible to play at a VHSL school in the spring. 

I figured that was the first thing on everyone's mind.From what I seen ,they said a student couldn't play that same sport.So I guess unless the guy from Virginia misspoke or I misunderstood,students could transfer and play a different sport but not football again.

1 hour ago, BatmanLives said:

I figured that was the first thing on everyone's mind.From what I seen ,they said a student couldn't play that same sport.So I guess unless the guy from Virginia misspoke or I misunderstood,students could transfer and play a different sport but not football again.

I would think that is correct. 

On 8/1/2020 at 1:11 PM, JMorton said:

Are you telling me that DB can beat Maryville??? They can’t even beat Science Hill. Which Elizabethton has done twice in a row. 

DB is stacked ... Lost very few players ! This year DB has a team similar in size and talent as they did in 2014, but with better coaching  ... I ran into DBs QB and he is excited about this team and what they possibly can do this year (QB is great - the line is stacked - RBs are great - WR - are great ) .. we also have a great Defensive backs coach (which is where DB has made mistakes in the past years , over and over again , every season )

Edited by kingindian33

1 hour ago, kingindian33 said:

DB is stacked ... Lost very few players ! This year DB has a team similar in size and talent as they did in 2014, but with better coaching  ... I ran into DBs QB and he is excited about this team and what they possibly can do this year (QB is great - the line is stacked - RBs are great - WR - are great ) .. we also have a great Defensive backs coach (which is where DB has made mistakes in the past years , over and over again , every season )

It would be DB's luck to have a team like those that coulda, woulda,shoulda and not be able to compete against the dominant teams for a totally different reason.

On 8/1/2020 at 7:54 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

I hate to even say this but most likely we won't even see the first game. The China Virus will shut it all down. Just like in MLB first 10 or 15 players from one team test positive then another team then another and everybody freaks out and the TSSAA cancels the season before the first game is even played. Mask don't work. The more people wear mask the more cases we see. Now they tell us we should wear plastic face shields or googles. So where was that one 4 months ago? These "scientist" are lost on this virus and they don't have a clue. Or it's all by design. It could be 3 to 5 years before we see any high school sports. Or the virus might disappear right after the election. Who knows.

Exactly my thoughts on every point, but like you said who knows.  I think I might even give a

ROLL TRIBE!!!!!! ( I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit :oops:)

Hope they have a good season and it sounds like they will have the talent. 

Sullivan South will be better than last year I think, but heck you have Betsy and Greenville it is not much fun in those two games plus Boone and THS.   My son who is a junior this year seems to think they will be better rounded at all positions, but who knows. Hope both the Kingsport teams have good seasons (IF THEY EVEN PLAY)

51 minutes ago, kr1416 said:

Exactly my thoughts on every point, but like you said who knows.  I think I might even give a

ROLL TRIBE!!!!!! ( I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit :oops:)

Hope they have a good season and it sounds like they will have the talent. 

Sullivan South will be better than last year I think, but heck you have Betsy and Greenville it is not much fun in those two games plus Boone and THS.   My son who is a junior this year seems to think they will be better rounded at all positions, but who knows. Hope both the Kingsport teams have good seasons (IF THEY EVEN PLAY)

You're a South fan, right?      You guys are coming to Gray in 17 days, a little sad because this will be our last game against South.

4 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Well with full contact practice starting yesterday I haven't heard anything about Adkins being out there so I guess it's safe to say he's decided against the move to DB. 

From everything I can tell DB is loaded across the board even without him.       One of my friends has a kid playing so I get a lot of info from him.