Class 5A region 5

ItsFootball

I was shocked that Summit beat Columbia so soundly.  Also heard that Page played Shelbyville much closer than I thought they would.  Supposedly had the ball inside the 10 twice and didn't score. Looks like Summit will walk through this region.  Not wishing away this year but will be interested to see how they do in 6A next year

1 hour ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

I was shocked that Summit beat Columbia so soundly.  Also heard that Page played Shelbyville much closer than I thought they would.  Supposedly had the ball inside the 10 twice and didn't score. Looks like Summit will walk through this region.  Not wishing away this year but will be interested to see how they do in 6A next year

Shelbyville-Page game was not close. Shelbyville dominated in the trenches and ran it down their throats. Page could not run the ball at all. It’s a two-horse race atop the region. Summit is the favorite for sure. Shelbyville has athletes like crazy and they are getting better and better each week. Very well-coached. By that game, which will be for the region championship in Week 9, they will have an outside shot to pull the upset. Regardless, the second round matchups with Summit/Shelbyville and Beech/Gallatin will be huge! Summit in 6A will be interesting, especially without the Wade twins. Could be tough with Ravenwood, Indy, and Brentwood.

21 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Shelbyville-Page game was not close. Shelbyville dominated in the trenches and ran it down their throats. Page could not run the ball at all. It’s a two-horse race atop the region. Summit is the favorite for sure. Shelbyville has athletes like crazy and they are getting better and better each week. Very well-coached. By that game, which will be for the region championship in Week 9, they will have an outside shot to pull the upset. Regardless, the second round matchups with Summit/Shelbyville and Beech/Gallatin will be huge! Summit in 6A will be interesting, especially without the Wade twins. Could be tough with Ravenwood, Indy, and Brentwood.

Looking forward to getting another shot at Summit.  Especially after last year and them not wanting to fill the 18th empty slot.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

Hmmm.  My buddy did say that Shelbyville ran the ball down their throats.   But he also said that they couldn't stop Pages passing.   Apparently Page is pretty small on the line.  Turnovers killed Page and not finishing in the red zone.  Either way I think Summit cruises to the Semi's till they face probably Henry Co.  just my opinion though.  

Mad far as Summit in 6A it would be interesting next year but after the twins graduate then forget about it.  

11 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Shelbyville could very well be in 6A as well. I don't think you all want anything to do with a healthy Summit team

Shelbyville dropped in enrollment and will remain in 5A. After possibly being on the bubble, they have lost a good amount of kids. I’m not getting into a trash-talking war with Summit. I’m just pointing out that this Shelbyville team is improving each week and they are loaded with size and speed. As well-coached as they are, I would not be fired up about facing them late in the year. Could be a dangerous team late, especially in the playoffs. As for Summit easily advancing to the semifinals, I think that’s a silly stance to take. Gallatin and Beech will have a ton to say about it! 

3 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

Shelbyville dropped in enrollment and will remain in 5A. After possibly being on the bubble, they have lost a good amount of kids. I’m not getting into a trash-talking war with Summit. I’m just pointing out that this Shelbyville team is improving each week and they are loaded with size and speed. As well-coached as they are, I would not be fired up about facing them late in the year. Could be a dangerous team late, especially in the playoffs. As for Summit easily advancing to the semifinals, I think that’s a silly stance to take. Gallatin and Beech will have a ton to say about it! 

Prolly true about the semi statement.  Do you have any adds what the cut off will be for 6A.  Shelbyville has over 400 more kids than Page so I just assumed they had to be up there close

2 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Prolly true about the semi statement.  Do you have any adds what the cut off will be for 6A.  Shelbyville has over 400 more kids than Page so I just assumed they had to be up there close

When the TSSAA reclassed in 2016 the cutoff was 1509.  That number could be way different this time, they'll take every school's enrollment, list them lowest to highest, and divide them evenly into 6 classes.  

And by the way, I think sportsguy22 is right, Gallatin and Beech will be a huge factor in determining who's in the semis.

Edited by GREENWAVE84EG

3 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

I think the 5A/6A cutoff will be around 1,500. It may end up being lower, though, because of COVID and the dropout rate (homeschool is booming!). Page is likely going to drop to 4A. Lincoln County may drop to 4A as well. Summit is likely going to 6A along with Beech and possibly Gallatin. Shelbyville is safely in 5A with a significant drop in enrollment.

Edited by sportsguy22