South Pittsburg @ Sequatchie County (Captain Victory vs Chief Wattenbarger)

Southtowner

8 hours ago, team69 said:

Bout covered it.....I would like to add that I'm very excited about our Freshman Kicker....that kid has a future.

Yes sir.  I was fortunate enough to drive down and catch a couple practices.  When I saw we had a kicker booming extra points and field goals, and soccer style at that, he very much caught my attention.  

11 hours ago, WARBOSS said:

I see South Pittsburgh recruited well this year. Chris "the stud" Jones even got them one out of Detroit! Thank he's mad at Jeremy Pruitt because Jeremy wouldn't give him a job...he needs to join the FBI and be a spy...hes good at that..lol...good recruiting year guys! You'll probably get the state this year...unless you get caught?????????? You think I'm lying but I'm not!

I don't think much of you but your obvioisly jealous and possibly mentally challenged. And for someone who could careless seems like you care a lot. Tears are falling

Edited by MrLegit

9 hours ago, Southtowner said:

We didn't look half bad.   

I know it's been stated and I don't want to be redundant about it but with no scrimmages and having no jamboree this was a very decent first game.  

We made quiet a few mistakes tonight and I'm sure the coaches will emphasize it and get it remedied as quickly as possible.   

Next week I'm looking for better offensive line play and better execution of our snaps.  Those two are a must if we want to reach our goals.  Its critical.  

Also our defensive front 7 , well, really the whole defense played really well.  # 57 and #75 had a terrific game.

Just keep putting in the work and it'll pay off.

Big shout out to #4 our Captain of tonight's game.  H. Frame had a heck of a night.  I'm thinking in the neighborhood of around 14 carries 237 yards with 4 TDs.  I believe the only thing he didn't get right tonight was the coin toss.  Great game cousin.  I'm so proud of you.  Proud of this whole team really. 

One down 14 to go.  Grundy County is up next.  Let's clean some things up and get better.  Go Pirates! 

The official stat was 261 yards on 14 carries. Good team effort because you don't get those yards without good blocking. 

1 hour ago, sportman said:

The official stat was 261 yards on 14 carries. Good team effort because you don't get those yards without good blocking. 

Sportman,  I got my stats from the pressbox after the game which is  recorded and logged in by a coach that works alongside the Velvet Voice of that Dunwoody man . And it was actually within a few yards of what I had tried to tally throughout the game.  I seen Stephen's write-up in his paper and I really don't know which would be the 'official' stats.  The CTFP is working very short-handed because of health regulations and therefore we won't have any boxscores called in to that Hargis man's paper.  

On another note, our offensive line needs to get meaner and lots more physical is my assessment.  A lot of our runs were just jailbreaks.  I believe this team will only go as far as the offensive line will carry it. Mean and nasty, mistake free up front is the key. 

53 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Sportman,  I got my stats from the pressbox after the game which is  recorded and logged in by a coach that works alongside the Velvet Voice of that Dunwoody man . And it was actually within a few yards of what I had tried to tally throughout the game.  I seen Stephen's write-up in his paper and I really don't know which would be the 'official' stats.  The CTFP is working very short-handed because of health regulations and therefore we won't have any boxscores called in to that Hargis man's paper.  

On another note, our offensive line needs to get meaner and lots more physical is my assessment.  A lot of our runs were just jailbreaks.  I believe this team will only go as far as the offensive line will carry it. Mean and nasty, mistake free up front is the key. 

Whatever it was it was good. Anything over 200 yards is great, especially doing it on 14 carries and playing three quarters.  BTW, really appreciate the broadcast team . 

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

I do think our offensive line needs to be a little more physical or meaner whatever you want to call it. Long season maybe and we do have time for young men to grow up

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MrLegit said:

I do think our offensive line needs to be a little more physical or meaner whatever you want to call it. Long season maybe and we do have time for young men to grow up

Our center has A LOT of work to do!!! Can't have those bad snaps against a real good team or they will make us pay for that. Center is a hard job but it takes alot of practice, maybe more than most positions. 

4 hours ago, sportman said:

Our center has A LOT of work to do!!! Can't have those bad snaps against a real good team or they will make us pay for that. Center is a hard job but it takes alot of practice, maybe more than most positions. 

1st responsibility. The Snap! Hopefully it was because of a wet ball, did notice where several teams had trouble snapping.