Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
Rockstar89

2020 Division II - Class A

Recommended Posts

Goodpasture has had a good year but with a limited schedule.  Tough 1st round match on the road tonight vs a capable Concord Christian in Knoxville.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2020 at 11:56 AM, Apostle said:

Goodpasture has had a good year but with a limited schedule.  Tough 1st round match on the road tonight vs a capable Concord Christian in Knoxville.

Looks like Goodpasture won 3-0 over Concord and then went to Tipton-Rosemark in Memphis and won 3-1.

Traveled to both ends of the state the same week. Not sure I would call 33-2 a "limited" schedule although a couple tournaments were cancelled on them.

Final four=

Goodpasture vs. King's Academy

BGA vs. Notre Dame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For sure, two quality wins on the road = solid play-in to the State Tournament.  My limited Schedule comment was a result of the school website which was not kept up to date during the year reflecting that they were 1-0 on the season and the go-to website for high school sports reflected the team as  12-1.  One will note above that even the TSSAA website bracket which I copied into this thread did not have records included and that information was bot posted until THUR I think.  Their first match will be a competitive one for sure but this could be the Cougars’ year to win it all. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Apostle said:

For sure, two quality wins on the road = solid play-in to the State Tournament.  My limited Schedule comment was a result of the school website which was not kept up to date during the year reflecting that they were 1-0 on the season and the go-to website for high school sports reflected the team as  12-1.  One will note above that even the TSSAA website bracket which I copied into this thread did not have records included and that information was bot posted until THUR I think.  Their first match will be a competitive one for sure but this could be the Cougars’ year to win it all. Good luck!

They have their own website.

https://www.goodpasturevolleyball.com/?GOODPASTUREVOLLEYBALL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My prediction Kings will win the title fairly easily. They play 6 players, all strong, and 5 strong seniors. I have seen all teams play except BGA, who it looks like ND is currently winning, and Kings beat ND very easily. Goodpasture beat Concord in 3 but it wasn’t a blowout by any means. The first round game between Kings and Goodpasture will be telling.

Edited by maiseyvol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maiseyvol said:

My prediction Kings will win the title fairly easily. They play 6 players, all strong, and 5 strong seniors. I have seen all teams play except BGA, who it looks like ND is currently winning, and Kings beat ND very easily. Goodpasture beat Concord in 3 but it wasn’t a blowout by any means. The first round game between Kings and Goodpasture will be telling.

Notre Dame beat BGA 3-0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, maiseyvol said:

My prediction Kings will win the title fairly easily. They play 6 players, all strong, and 5 strong seniors. I have seen all teams play except BGA, who it looks like ND is currently winning, and Kings beat ND very easily. Goodpasture beat Concord in 3 but it wasn’t a blowout by any means. The first round game between Kings and Goodpasture will be telling.

I stand corrected!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...