BEECH IS COMING TO POWELL WEEK 1

keepitmoving

10 hours ago, Pacco said:

If Powell can throw the ball down field they’ll have a good chance to win this game. Don’t know much about their quarterback but they have some good players on the outside.

To me I like the new powell qb over last years. It may take some time but I believe his stats will be crazy by the end of the year

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Pacco said:

If Powell can throw the ball down field they’ll have a good chance to win this game. Don’t know much about their quarterback but they have some good players on the outside.

Throwing the ball will be the least of there worries.  The QB is as solid as they come for a rising Sophomore.  The defense is really the unknown.  Powell front 4 on D is going to be the concern.  If Beech throws the ball a lot?  Powell will be fine.  But if they run more than they throw, it could be a long night for Powell. 

3 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Throwing the ball will be the least of there worries.  The QB is as solid as they come for a rising Sophomore.  The defense is really the unknown.  Powell front 4 on D is going to be the concern.  If Beech throws the ball a lot?  Powell will be fine.  But if they run more than they throw, it could be a long night for Powell. 

Beech seldom puts the ball in the air...

19 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Powell will eat Beech up around those corner if they are like last year. Speed. Just don't let them turn the corner. But it's hard to do the whole game.

That may be the case, but don’t be surprised if the fastest person on the field is wearing visitor whites. 

Just saw some Beech footage from last year vs Shelbyville.  Beech NEVER throws the ball......lol  They run a form of the wing T offense.  If Powell gets up early, they will blow the doors off of Beech!  2 different teams.  Powell is gonna air it out, and score quickly.  Beech is gonna run, run, run, run, run,......heck they are not even taking a bus to the game, there just gonna run...lol  All in all it should be an interesting game to say the least.  It will come down, to who can work the kinks out quicker. IMO

33 minutes ago, TheGuru2point0 said:

If Beech can control the game and drive, drive, drive it will wear down Powell and shorten the game. Beech has a very good secondary so I doubt Powell will beat them very many times over the top. 

Agreed....if Beech can control the clock that will make all the difference.  Powell's defense and especially the front four don't play both ways.  So that is a good thing for sure.  So wearing them down may not happen.  Powell will throw the ball, and throw it often!  Powell is loaded at WR.  They go at least 8 deep at WR, and all can flat out play.  Most HS teams don't have multiple good cover corners.  Powell will line up 5 wide and air it out.  Should be an interesting game to watch.  Like I said earlier, if Powell gets up early it's over, because Beech will not and can not throw the ball at all!  And or score very quickly.

• Like 1

Beech returns 7 starters on offense and 3 on defense.  Strength of the team is the O line and at RB.  See this as a high scoring close game.  If you get behind Beech they bleed you to death.  Look for the QB to run the play clock down on almost every snap.  Jefferson at RB is lightning quick.  Should be a great game.