Who to watch for in 1A from the east???

Narco

7 hours ago, TheCommander said:

He’s got a good shot to make a run for Mr. Football!

I hope he at least get nominated.  He is well deserving and has the size to play D1.  He needs a 2000 yard season, and in SP’s multi-athlete backfield, that might be tough, but is achievable.  Also, SP has the potential to have 6 or 7 All-Staters

1 minute ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I hope he at least get nominated.  He is well deserving and has the size to play D1.  He needs a 2000 yard season, and in SP’s multi-athlete backfield, that might be tough, but is achievable.  Also, SP has the potential to have 6 or 7 All-Staters

I agree with that! Y’all are definitely the clear cut favorites in my opinion and many others opinion! Good luck to the pirates!

Going into this season I have my eyes set on a few players from multiple teams in Region 3.

South Pittsburg: You guys already know...

De'Andre Kelly- RB that received a decent workload last year due to Tipton/Frame injuries. Performed well and is now a year older.

Javien Beene- Defensive stud in the secondary. Plays sideline to sideline.

Hunter Frame- Showed immense potential last year but battled the injury bug. Looks to have a good season in an offense that has two terrors at RB on the field at the same time.

Brayden Sanders- An often overlooked, underrated QB in 1A because of SP's ground attack. He is a tremendous leader, great decision maker, and shines when he gets the opportunity to pass the ball around. 

Jayshawn Hubbard- Played big time football in skill positions on a star studded skill team. He looks to be the team's utilitarian. Kid can play anywhere and compete well. 

Sale Creek: Hungry sleeper that has the potential to make some noise this year and with a few clutch plays, they could finally earn a home playoff game. 

Brandon Race May- Big All-State OL that will definitely post some highlights.

Maddoux Beason- Often overshadowed by May, but definitely deserves credit and praise as a good offensive lineman.

Braden Penny- Excellent athlete with some serious wheels. He's got the twin towers up front this year to protect him and should post a great season so long as he has athletes to throw to. Sale Creek needs to let this young man make plays and steer away from what is typically a lackluster ground attack against decent opponents. 

Copper Basin: Locked and loaded with one of the best teams I've seen in years, athletically. CB's battle this year will be a mental battle. Totally capable of competing with, and beating, every team in the east.

Bryson Grabowski- 3rd year starter at QB. All-State. Posted a great season last year, but needed to get in the endzone a few more times relative to pass attempts. He's a year older, has an older OL, and athletes all around him. Should be the best QB in the east. 

Chance Rollins- Tough, intelligent anchor of the OL. I look forward to watching him bully some defensive linemen this year (and maybe a few LB/DBs). Overall, likely the most physically and mentally sound player on the roster. 

Timothy Fair- Incredibly gifted athlete. Capable of posting many TFLs against sweep heavy teams and always gets a few picks. 

Joe Boggs- Junior linebacker entering his 4th year in a starting role. He's grown over the off season and is just as big if not bigger than his older brother (for those of you that remember Dylan Boggs). Has an excellent understanding of the game and should prove a total asset leading the defense. 

Sebastian Baliles- Untested RB that received a few snaps in bad situations last year. I look forward to seeing what he is capable of because CB needs more production in the rushing column if they want to beat people. 

Eli Patterson- Linebacker in a corner's body. Should get some reps at OLB this year to sure up the run defense, while hopefully grabbing a pick or two. 

12 hours ago, TheRefuter said:

Going into this season I have my eyes set on a few players from multiple teams in Region 3.

South Pittsburg: You guys already know...

De'Andre Kelly- RB that received a decent workload last year due to Tipton/Frame injuries. Performed well and is now a year older.

Javien Beene- Defensive stud in the secondary. Plays sideline to sideline.

Hunter Frame- Showed immense potential last year but battled the injury bug. Looks to have a good season in an offense that has two terrors at RB on the field at the same time.

Brayden Sanders- An often overlooked, underrated QB in 1A because of SP's ground attack. He is a tremendous leader, great decision maker, and shines when he gets the opportunity to pass the ball around. 

Jayshawn Hubbard- Played big time football in skill positions on a star studded skill team. He looks to be the team's utilitarian. Kid can play anywhere and compete well. 

Sale Creek: Hungry sleeper that has the potential to make some noise this year and with a few clutch plays, they could finally earn a home playoff game. 

Brandon Race May- Big All-State OL that will definitely post some highlights.

Maddoux Beason- Often overshadowed by May, but definitely deserves credit and praise as a good offensive lineman.

Braden Penny- Excellent athlete with some serious wheels. He's got the twin towers up front this year to protect him and should post a great season so long as he has athletes to throw to. Sale Creek needs to let this young man make plays and steer away from what is typically a lackluster ground attack against decent opponents. 

Copper Basin: Locked and loaded with one of the best teams I've seen in years, athletically. CB's battle this year will be a mental battle. Totally capable of competing with, and beating, every team in the east.

Bryson Grabowski- 3rd year starter at QB. All-State. Posted a great season last year, but needed to get in the endzone a few more times relative to pass attempts. He's a year older, has an older OL, and athletes all around him. Should be the best QB in the east. 

Chance Rollins- Tough, intelligent anchor of the OL. I look forward to watching him bully some defensive linemen this year (and maybe a few LB/DBs). Overall, likely the most physically and mentally sound player on the roster. 

Timothy Fair- Incredibly gifted athlete. Capable of posting many TFLs against sweep heavy teams and always gets a few picks. 

Joe Boggs- Junior linebacker entering his 4th year in a starting role. He's grown over the off season and is just as big if not bigger than his older brother (for those of you that remember Dylan Boggs). Has an excellent understanding of the game and should prove a total asset leading the defense. 

Sebastian Baliles- Untested RB that received a few snaps in bad situations last year. I look forward to seeing what he is capable of because CB needs more production in the rushing column if they want to beat people. 

Eli Patterson- Linebacker in a corner's body. Should get some reps at OLB this year to sure up the run defense, while hopefully grabbing a pick or two. 

You seem to like that Rollins guy, you must have seen him play a lot. :roflol:

Edited by Narco

1 hour ago, Narco said:

I like that Rollins kid. I’ve watched him since he was a freshman starting in the Basin and I’m impressed at how far he’s come. Should be a good season for all of these players mentioned above and I’m excited to see how this interesting season will go. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Narco said:

That Rollins kid  sure did a good job stepping up as a freshman, and starting when that Ledford Boy was out with his appendix. Done well enough in that amount of time to earn him a starting spot the rest of the year. I’m proud of the young man, he’s came along way since then! He’s also like a whole foot taller!

Edited by TheCommander
  • Like 1