Week 2 D-B @ Oak Ridge

TribalEmpire

1 hour ago, Elitesports4 said:

Interesting and ready to see the game. I don’t believe this will be our toughest test. I believe Powell, Farragut, and Mt Juliet will be. Not taking anything away from DB. You are 100% correct! Hva wasn’t good at all. On Twitter we discussed they were the worst harden valley team in our years of watching/playing. Safe travels if you come

It may be that you didn't go to Kingsport for last season's game... because you are definitely taking something away from DB when you say that. DB does have all most everybody back (especially on offense) from a team that scored on 6 of the first 7 possessions in last years game. OR finally scored in the 4th qtr, right?

DB's offense will be better this year than last, no question about it.  

16 minutes ago, LINEDAD said:

It may be that you didn't go to Kingsport for last season's game... because you are definitely taking something away from DB when you say that. DB does have all most everybody back (especially on offense) from a team that scored on 6 of the first 7 possessions in last years game. OR finally scored in the 4th qtr, right?

No disrespect to db! Not saying they won’t beat us at all. Playing at Farragut is just tough! They are a team to respect at the most high as well. Putting Powell as one of our toughest test I wouldn’t be alone there.. mt Juliet will be tough.. it was no order.. this will be a good game.. but let me ask you are you saying db is clearly better than powell, Farragut, and mt Juliet?

3 hours ago, LINEDAD said:

The D'backs were as good as they could have played and is one of the best (if not) defensive backfields in a couple of decades for the Indians. 

I don’t think I would go this far yet. We have had some really good players in the last two decades with more athletic tools. I do think these kids are well coached and they play hard. Coach Gaines knows that position very well and he is doing a great job. Further, these kids have gotten a very special opportunity that not many before them at DB have experienced. These kids have gotten to soak in knowledge from some guys who have played db at the highest level in the NCAA and have graced an NFL field.

I also want to give a shoutout to Coach Hayworth. Since he arrived to the staff a few years ago there has been a drastic difference in the line play. I remember that game a few years ago at Greeneville it was obvious the line play was different. 

Edited by IndiansForLife

21 minutes ago, LINEDAD said:

And you’re right db smoked us last year! Was very EMBARASSING! Db offense wasn’t great and I read where the coach expects this year to be top knotch! You may be right it could look as disrespect! Let me message the guys and tell them to tighten up in practice cause we will have to score! 

1 hour ago, Elitesports4 said:

No disrespect to db! Not saying they won’t beat us at all. Playing at Farragut is just tough! They are a team to respect at the most high as well. Putting Powell as one of our toughest test I wouldn’t be alone there.. mt Juliet will be tough.. it was no order.. this will be a good game.. but let me ask you are you saying db is clearly better than powell, Farragut, and mt Juliet?

I don't know. I do know that DB blew out Farragut last year

DB rushed for over 200yds last season against OR. QB passed for over 150 and 1 td pass and 2 td runs. pretty good day for a 2nd ever start for a QB.

We sure do expect OR will be OR this time around. Probably be a dang good game!

Edited by LINEDAD
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Elitesports4 said:

Lmao you are the biggest d rider I know! I leave for a days and you’re tagging me lmao! I can’t with you! If you think they opened the playbook you have a problem! Didn’t say every touchdown was a slant lmao reading is fundamental!  And why would the coaches read my post here! Sprat, Minor, Mitchell, and Jernigan can hit me up they know me lol! 

You know Mitchell is not with the Cats this year?

How do you think the Cats OC did? Improved?

3 minutes ago, OR nole said:

You know Mitchell is not with the Cats this year?

How do you think the Cats OC did? Improved?

There’s a new coach with the last name Mitchell on the staff. I’m not sure about the formation and plays just yet! It may work and be good to us due to our athletes being on the field. I like 17 playing running back he’s a track star.. I’ll answer you after Friday.. remember we lost 41-6 let’s see how we revenge that

7 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

There’s a new coach with the last name Mitchell on the staff. I’m not sure about the formation and plays just yet! It may work and be good to us due to our athletes being on the field. I like 17 playing running back he’s a track star.. I’ll answer you after Friday.. remember we lost 41-6 let’s see how we revenge that

Honest answer. Thanks. My bad on Ted. I totally forgot.

19 minutes ago, OR nole said:

Honest answer. Thanks. My bad on Ted. I totally forgot.

No big deal. Now the real ? Is what are the keys to success Friday! Db is stout Man! I believe we have to be very balance! 15 passes by qb I like that! I honestly didn’t realized he passed that many times! To me this game will be on the o line, gibbons, and dbs.. what do you think?

8 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

No big deal. Now the real ? Is what are the keys to success Friday! Db is stout Man! I believe we have to be very balance! 15 passes by qb I like that! I honestly didn’t realized he passed that many times! To me this game will be on the o line, gibbons, and dbs.. what do you think?

Dline and backers are gonna have to elevate their play too. Noticed that DB rushed for a lot of yards vs Tennessee High last Friday. And you know they will probably have those big hog daddies up front like always, I’m sure. We need to develop more DTs. I only saw about 3 rotating the other night, and one of them included Hewitt, who is probably our best OL. Would be nice to garner up some depth so he doesn’t have to play a ton on that side of the ball as well.

Edited by SweetScience