Week 2 D-B @ Oak Ridge

TribalEmpire

D-B blows out Tennessee High tonight 35-0

Oak Ridge is well on their way to an impressive blowout win of their own, up 40-0 over Hardin Valley in the fourth quarter.

Hopefully I can nab a ticket to this one somehow.... would love to make the drive down and see it!  Promises to be a good one!

Discuss!

Edited by SWVAHavokFan

I’m honestly not taking much from this win over Hardin valley tbh.. I’m not sure if the offensive play and formation will work against others teams! Stewart and turner will need a lot more than slants against other teams. This will be a real test! Although great game great win! Turner looked great. Qb missed some throws love the back up coming in throwing a dime! Weird no Jubrice I’m about to find out why... also I don’t like how they abandon heyward from offense.. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Elitesports4 said:

I’m honestly not taking much from this win over Hardin valley tbh.. I’m not sure if the offensive play and formation will work against others teams! Stewart and turner will need a lot more than slants against other teams. This will be a real test! Although great game great win! Turner looked great. Qb missed some throws love the back up coming in throwing a dime! Weird no Jubrice I’m about to find out why... also I don’t like how they abandon heyward from offense.. 

I don't think HVA has a very good team but OR is good (not sure how good until they play a good team). Last night OR was playing HVA, not "other teams". If a slant route is working against HVA, why not throw it? The TD pass to Adams wasn't a slant. The second TD to Turner wasn't a slant. I sure hope the OR coaches read your posts so will know what the #$#@ to do in future games! 

• Upvote 2

We may be up against the best DB team in recent memory.  Third year of Coach Christian and he means business, making them a better defensive team and taking advantage of size.  He said after they lost to Maryville last year in the playoffs that they were going to be "like Maryville"  I think this will be Oak Ridge's toughest test of the season.  HVA wasn't very good and as the game wore on they wore down. DB will be much harder to run and throw on. We got our hands full this Friday.  I hope it doesn't rain, I'm over that already....

12 hours ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

D-B blows out Tennessee High tonight 35-0

Oak Ridge is well on their way to an impressive blowout win of their own, up 40-0 over Hardin Valley in the fourth quarter.

Hopefully I can nab a ticket to this one somehow.... would love to make the drive down and see it!  Promises to be a good one!

Discuss!

Oak Ridge fans if you know how the tickets for this game are being handed out let SWVAHavokFan know or even better buy a ticket for him.

Just a thought.

RWR!

40 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

We may be up against the best DB team in recent memory.  Third year of Coach Christian and he means business, making them a better defensive team and taking advantage of size.  He said after they lost to Maryville last year in the playoffs that they were going to be "like Maryville"  I think this will be Oak Ridge's toughest test of the season.  HVA wasn't very good and as the game wore on they wore down. DB will be much harder to run and throw on. We got our hands full this Friday.  I hope it doesn't rain, I'm over that already....

About time Maryville had some competition from NET

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

About time Maryville had some competition from NET

Well, just because he said that doesn’t mean it’s actually going to happen ha. Maryville and Alcoa have both done things in TN HS football that have never been done, nor will they probably ever be reproduced to the same level of degree. Not taking anything away from DB or their coach, I’m sure they’re both very good, but those are pretty lofty standards to live up to. It’s really easy to say “we’re gonna be like Maryville” or even compete with Maryville, but actually going out and doing it is a completely different story. 

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 2